Jump to content
mmmmmmacy

Conferences 2016

Recommended Posts

Any body have anything they will be excited to present in 2016? Have you hear back from the conferences you have submitted to?

 

I'll start with saying I am looking forward to going to Chicago for APS. and I am still waiting to hear from WPA in Long Beach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got accepted to present at SEPA in New Orleans. I'm pretty excited, but since I just graduated undergrad I can't get funding from the univ. So I have no idea how I'm going to pay for a trip, but here's hoping it all works out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I submitted to Modern Modelling Methods (M3) in Connecticut! Which probably no one has heard about! But it's super kewl, I promise!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spunky said:

I submitted to Modern Modelling Methods (M3) in Connecticut! Which probably no one has heard about! But it's super kewl, I promise!  

I have a friend going there! 

 

Im going to APS (hopefully) and Society for Affective Science (SAS). It's in Chicago too, in March. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be at SEPA in New Orleans as well! We would have submitted for APS but it's after I graduate from my master's program and funding is iffy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be presenting research at SPSP, and depending on how my current research goes, perhaps somewhere else as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, neuro_queen said:

I will be at SEPA in New Orleans as well! We would have submitted for APS but it's after I graduate from my master's program and funding is iffy. 

That's awesome! I wouldn't have minded submitting to other conferences, but my professor really wanted SEPA. If that didn't work out we would have gone to RMPA. Are you presenting a paper or poster? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, namarie said:

That's awesome! I wouldn't have minded submitting to other conferences, but my professor really wanted SEPA. If that didn't work out we would have gone to RMPA. Are you presenting a paper or poster? 

I will be presenting a poster on my thesis research! I personally would have loved to go to APS in Chicago (our lab had a poster there this year in NYC), but SEPA was guaranteed funding for all of us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the email that I'm presenting my senior thesis on mosh pits at EPA, really excited.  Anyone know of any good conferences coming to the mid-Atlantic/D.C. region?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2015 at 8:13 AM, neuro_queen said:

I will be presenting a poster on my thesis research! I personally would have loved to go to APS in Chicago (our lab had a poster there this year in NYC), but SEPA was guaranteed funding for all of us. 

Congrats! My university won't provide funding for me since I'm an alumni now, but I have a couple months to save up the money to go. May I ask what your thesis topic is? I'd live to come look at your poster! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am presenting my senior thesis on the role of REM sleep in emotional memory consolidation at MPA (Midwest Psychological Association) in May. Is anyone else going there? I know it is smaller, but they have a lot of student opportunities...

 Right now I am preparing an abstract for APS in Chicago in June, so maybe I will see you there mmmmmmacy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing roundtables at NCDA (National Career Development Association) and SVP (Society for Vocational Psychology) conferences this year. Still waiting to hear back from APA and ACP (Asian Conference on Psychology). Obviously did some pretty niche research this year (vocational psych, some I/O psych), which is both a blessing and a curse when it comes to submissions xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 29, 2015 at 2:58 PM, pink_freud said:

I am presenting my senior thesis on the role of REM sleep in emotional memory consolidation at MPA (Midwest Psychological Association) in May. Is anyone else going there? I know it is smaller, but they have a lot of student opportunities...

 Right now I am preparing an abstract for APS in Chicago in June, so maybe I will see you there mmmmmmacy! 

I'll be going to MPA in May! My school takes students from our department every year...it's just "our thing" I guess. I remember really enjoying it last year! The Palmer House is wonderful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lola4 said:

I'll be going to MPA in May! My school takes students from our department every year...it's just "our thing" I guess. I remember really enjoying it last year! The Palmer House is wonderful!

Yay! Really good news that it was fun. What will you be presenting on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pink_freud said:

Yay! Really good news that it was fun. What will you be presenting on?

I'm a first author on two posters (topics relating to hopeful thinking and psychophysiology// hope and gratitude) and co-author on five posters( topics related to the psychological and physiological impact of hope, mindfulness, and gratitude on worry// the impact of brief reappraisal imagery on forgiveness). You?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, neuro_queen said:

My poster/thesis is on adolescent cannabinoid exposure and the effect it has on memory in adult rats (this is the simple description, lol). What topic will you be presenting? 

That sounds awesome! I'll definitely come see you! 

I'm presenting a paper on attention and how rapid scene changes can effect your ability to attend/concentrate. A couple researchers looked at attention with Spongebob a few years ago, and we decided to try and improve upon their study.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2015 at 10:37 AM, rottenapple said:

Just got the email that I'm presenting my senior thesis on mosh pits at EPA, really excited.  Anyone know of any good conferences coming to the mid-Atlantic/D.C. region?

another EPA here :] I'm presenting lab research I had a big hand in :]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 29, 2015 at 1:58 PM, pink_freud said:

I am presenting my senior thesis on the role of REM sleep in emotional memory consolidation at MPA (Midwest Psychological Association) in May. Is anyone else going there? I know it is smaller, but they have a lot of student opportunities...

 Right now I am preparing an abstract for APS in Chicago in June, so maybe I will see you there mmmmmmacy! 

I am first author on two posters at MPA and will be presenting at APA in Denver as well! Super excited to see what everyone is researching! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I submitted something to the Organization for Human Brain Mapping (Geneva), so hopefully that goes through. I don't know if that applies.

It looks like everyone is going to be busy soon. That's great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh! To everyone going to SEPA-- have fun!! I presented at SEPA when it was in Atlanta and Nashville (can't remember the years, at the minute) and both were great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.