WINE, WAIT, AND WHINE THREAD

Dr. Brains

2 hours ago, magnetite said:

And back to waiting!

If you haven't heard from a school at this point, is there a good chance you're wait-listed?

I'm guessing so?  I figure that an offer has probably gone out to someone a little higher on a waitlist, and I'm waiting for them to accept or reject the offer... that or bureaucratic incompetence.  It could really go either way.  I'm still waiting on two schools, but at this point I've already started looking for jobs.

hey guys, i've been waitlist in February and received an email few weeks ago from DGS asking me if I'm still interested, to which I replied positively, and received no notice since. I'm really sick and tired of waiting... Should I be hopeful?

One school I applied to hasn't gone to the waitlist yet because of budget issues (not a promising sign, I know).  My only real hope there is that the delay has forced other waitlisted candidates to accept other offers.  I'm guessing that the other program I'm still waitlisted at has already contacted someone higher on the list, and they've got a few days to decide.  My fingers are crossed, but I'm already trying to move on

I'm about to lose it. I can't keep refreshing my email every 10-15 minutes in the hopes that something has changed.

The email I was sent once my application was complete and accepted said, "you'll hear something in two weeks." Other places I've seen 2-4 and 4-6. I was told the next group of applications (which mine was in) were being reviewed last Tuesday and I should know soon. I put in my application 4 weeks ago. I finally caved and called the graduate admissions department and left a message saying I wanted to check on the status of my application.

Now, in addition to refreshing my email like a lunatic I'm staring at my phone in a way that is unhealthy.

@magnetite They called me back and the graduate admissions lady said, "Well, you should hear something soon." When I told her how long it had been she double checked and was like, "You should have heard by now. I'll sen them an email reminding them we are waiting on a decision."

So now it's back to staring at my email. I even check it on the weekends and when I'm up in the night with the baby. Just in case.

• 10 months later...

I FINALLY got accepted into a Ph.D. program at Western Michigan University's Department of Political Science last week but no funding...

I guess that's what I should expect with a 289 GRE (*whine*)?

I love my Jamaican rum! (hangover)