WINE, WAIT, AND WHINE THREAD

Dr. Brains

1 hour ago, Yav Friendly said:

OK. So what show do you binge watch?

apparently Making a Murderer is a thing, but I haven't been able to get into it ...

Just now, Elvidi said:

apparently Making a Murderer is a thing, but I haven't been able to get into it ...

I watched it all in one day. Very well done documentary, in the "this shit makes me so angry!" kind of way.

I just restarted Star Trek: The Next Generation since Netflix updated it to the blu-ray version.

25 minutes ago, RCtheSS said:

I watched it all in one day. Very well done documentary, in the "this shit makes me so angry!" kind of way.

I just restarted Star Trek: The Next Generation since Netflix updated it to the blu-ray version.

Ooh, good choice on TNG. Always a fav.

As for Making A Murderer--maybe later, but I'm not sure I want to be waiting-stressed and angry-stressed at the same time, so...not now.

Currently, I'm watching Pyscho-Pass. I'm usually not a big anime-watcher, but a friend recommended this one when I was looking for science fiction-y things, and it's pretty darn good. Just burned through 6 eps this afternoon....

I'm actually not bingeing right now...I've got an excellent book that I'm trying to finish before starting on the LOTR books. I'm not sure how I made it to 24 without reading or watching anything LOTR related, but it's time to correct that. I was on a star was binge before, and before that Buffy!

5 hours ago, piglet33 said:

I'm not sure how I made it to 24 without reading or watching anything LOTR related, but it's time to correct that.

Get your hands on a copy of the extended versions of the movies. It's something like a 10-12 hour time investment between the 3, but just make it what you do one weekend. By the end you'll forget that life isn't just watching LOTR, which might be a good thing during this period of waiting to hear back from schools.

15 hours ago, 123hardasABC said:

Friends. But right now my boyfriend and I are doing a snow-day marathon of LOTR.

I do not know you can binge watch friends. It is not like it has a continuous plot. (I watched every Friends episodes multiples times)

15 hours ago, RCtheSS said:

Yeah but he still in prison.

It's likely I'll be going from a larger city to a smaller city, which took me awhile to warm up to.  On the one hand I'll have an interesting experience anywhere, but on the other hand going somewhere with a smaller social or singles scene seems odd.  It's also likely I'll be going from a warm climate to a colder one, which will also take some getting used to.

3 hours ago, nightfarmer said:

Get your hands on a copy of the extended versions of the movies. It's something like a 10-12 hour time investment between the 3, but just make it what you do one weekend. By the end you'll forget that life isn't just watching LOTR, which might be a good thing during this period of waiting to hear back from schools.

oh if only I could afford that time. I'm in the middle of exams so that is a good distraction anyway, but if I ever get any downtime (my masters course is crazy intense) I will be sure to do this! 

5 minutes ago, Mattie Roh said:

I swear to God the people who write for Community followed me during my community college years. That show is so dead-on it's creepy! I even had an Asian teacher who taught Spanish!

That's what my friends who went to community college say too! In my opinion Community is vastly underrated. I was sad when it ended but I have all the seasons so I can binge my guilty pleasure. I would have to say its one of my favorites along with Seinfeld, I never got into Friends. Friends wasn't funny to me.

2 hours ago, MarineBluePsy said:

It's likely I'll be going from a larger city to a smaller city, which took me awhile to warm up to.  On the one hand I'll have an interesting experience anywhere, but on the other hand going somewhere with a smaller social or singles scene seems odd.  It's also likely I'll be going from a warm climate to a colder one, which will also take some getting used to.

There's a chance I'll be going from a warmer climate to a colder climate as well, and I'm kind of nervous about it! I've never lived anywhere where it actually gets very cold, so I'm looking at it as my next great adventure. :)

1 minute ago, Extra Espresso said:

There's a chance I'll be going from a warmer climate to a colder climate as well, and I'm kind of nervous about it! I've never lived anywhere where it actually gets very cold, so I'm looking at it as my next great adventure. :)

"After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure" - Dumby

4 hours ago, Extra Espresso said:

I'm using it as a chance to challenge myself at revamping my wardrobe to maintain my cute standards, but still keep warm lol.

I'll be missing the first 2 weeks of classes for interviews. I know returning to class after that (or, starting classes I guess) will be super overhelming, but hopefully I'll have some acceptances by then?