Jump to content

WINE, WAIT, AND WHINE THREAD


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ummm...oh my god. oh my god. I got accepted to my top choice with full funding & moving costs. oh my god. The #1 school in the world for what I want to do wants me.   is t

Good advice. I don't think I'll do the night driving part, though, just because I have literally watched every season of iD's Disappeared and that's how every woman in every episode winds up kidnapped

I can't say the words "Pinot Noir" without thinking of Titus Andromedon....

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Pink Fuzzy Bunny said:

@The Interdisciplinarian Play music loud and proud with the windows down (bonus if it's under 40 degrees!), drink plenty of energy drinks, stop often, etc. etc. Listen to an audiobook if you want. I prefer to drive overnight for long trips just because there's less traffic, calmer and easier to think, but to each their own. 

Good advice. I don't think I'll do the night driving part, though, just because I have literally watched every season of iD's Disappeared and that's how every woman in every episode winds up kidnapped. :P

 

Guys, I have huge news, though. I got into my chosen program. Shaking, crying, and in utter disbelief. Much love and good luck to you all, and may the Ides of March be ever in your favor. <3

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Interdisciplinarian said:

Good advice. I don't think I'll do the night driving part, though, just because I have literally watched every season of iD's Disappeared and that's how every woman in every episode winds up kidnapped. :P

 

Guys, I have huge news, though. I got into my chosen program. Shaking, crying, and in utter disbelief. Much love and good luck to you all, and may the Ides of March be ever in your favor. <3

OH MY GOD! YAY! I am so happy for you!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whew! just finished preparing my first presentation for the Skype Interview. Not gonna start working on the second right now. I have little to no idea regarding the second topic. Got a 43 page research paper shoved down my face. Need to finish it and get a presentation ready under 2 days. 

Man, interviewing for a TA position is rigorous :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Interdisciplinarian said:

Good advice. I don't think I'll do the night driving part, though, just because I have literally watched every season of iD's Disappeared and that's how every woman in every episode winds up kidnapped. :P

Guys, I have huge news, though. I got into my chosen program. Shaking, crying, and in utter disbelief. Much love and good luck to you all, and may the Ides of March be ever in your favor. <3

I'm so happy that you finally heard from them. :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Interdisciplinarian said:

Good advice. I don't think I'll do the night driving part, though, just because I have literally watched every season of iD's Disappeared and that's how every woman in every episode winds up kidnapped. :P

 

Guys, I have huge news, though. I got into my chosen program. Shaking, crying, and in utter disbelief. Much love and good luck to you all, and may the Ides of March be ever in your favor. <3

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Interdisciplinarian said:

Good advice. I don't think I'll do the night driving part, though, just because I have literally watched every season of iD's Disappeared and that's how every woman in every episode winds up kidnapped. :P

 

Guys, I have huge news, though. I got into my chosen program. Shaking, crying, and in utter disbelief. Much love and good luck to you all, and may the Ides of March be ever in your favor. <3

Congratulations! EEEK! YAY! zootopia_celebrate_05811308.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats @The Interdisciplinarian!!

I'm still waiting to hear from Oregon as I see acceptances posted in threads and on the results board, and I've got nada in my inbox or application portal. Oof.

Starting to feel like after nearly 2 years of regrouping and preparing for this application cycle, I'll be left empty handed again.

For the third time in 7 years... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@The Interdisciplinarian Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!!! Whoop Whoop! 

@BooksCoffeeBeards I mean, it is a future that is not too distant, so.....ya know? I'm sorry you haven't heard back from everyone yet (shame on them), and you're in my thoughts! Sending good vibes your way (imagine Servo doing the wave with his lil arms)!

Also, I am no longer waiting, but really really like this thread. It's the most supportive thread anywhere on the internet. Is it all right if I continue to hang out here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cat_Robutt said:

@The Interdisciplinarian Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!!! Whoop Whoop! 

@BooksCoffeeBeards I mean, it is a future that is not too distant, so.....ya know? I'm sorry you haven't heard back from everyone yet (shame on them), and you're in my thoughts! Sending good vibes your way (imagine Servo doing the wave with his lil arms)!

Also, I am no longer waiting, but really really like this thread. It's the most supportive thread anywhere on the internet. Is it all right if I continue to hang out here?

Stay please!! I'm starting to get a little sad at the thought of this thread ending. You guys have been so supportive over this incredibly stressful process and although we've never met, I have celebrated your acceptances and commiserated the disappointments. You all feel like friends :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hippyscientist said:

Stay please!! I'm starting to get a little sad at the thought of this thread ending. You guys have been so supportive over this incredibly stressful process and although we've never met, I have celebrated your acceptances and commiserated the disappointments. You all feel like friends :) 

It's so good to have other people around, so as to not annoy real-life contacts with my constant moaning!

But at the same time, this thread coming to an end means no more waiting, and hopefully upward and forward motion for everybody here! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the people who applied to my program said that their POI said that decisions should be made this week.... but it's already wednesday... so I'm not really sure that that will happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sjoh197 said:

One of the people who applied to my program said that their POI said that decisions should be made this week.... but it's already wednesday... so I'm not really sure that that will happen. 

Yeah a lot of people in my program have already heard unofficial admissions from POIs, but mine has been dishearteningly silent. Every time my phone buzzes and it's just linkedin I have a mini heart attack. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, samsonite2pv said:

Yeah a lot of people in my program have already heard unofficial admissions from POIs, but mine has been dishearteningly silent. Every time my phone buzzes and it's just linkedin I have a mini heart attack. 

If it makes you feel any better, I've heard a lot of people say that some professors give out the informal info in advance... and others just don't. I guess it's a personal preference type thing, or maybe a reflection on how busy they are at the moment. So there's still a lot of chance :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked portal for OSU about an hour or so ago and came across this message...

"The program has completed their review of your application. The Graduate College is reviewing their feedback and will notify you of the final decision via email."

So it could be at any time now for them. I'm both anxious to find out and crazy nervous. It's my safe school, and I'd like to at least be accepted there since I am expecting rejections from at least two others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, sjoh197 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I've heard a lot of people say that some professors give out the informal info in advance... and others just don't. I guess it's a personal preference type thing, or maybe a reflection on how busy they are at the moment. So there's still a lot of chance :) 

Thanks sjoh197 :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think there could possibly be anything more agonizing than waiting on a response from my top program....until I was wait listed. This is worse. WAY worse!

But, in a small victory, my POI told me that my SOP was "really compelling." Totally made my day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aebh615 said:

I didn't think there could possibly be anything more agonizing than waiting on a response from my top program....until I was wait listed. This is worse. WAY worse!

But, in a small victory, my POI told me that my SOP was "really compelling." Totally made my day!

Very nice! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.