2016 Admission result and Applicant profile For INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS

AD

On 3/16/2016 at 9:37 AM, Does it even matter? said:

@stacyZ Congratulations on the great offers! Do you remember how long it took for UTH-MD Anderson to get back to you after your interview weekend? I just had mine this past week and I'm pretty anxious lol

I received a call from the dean on Friday (a week after the interview), so I guess if everything works the same for you guys, you will received a call also from the dean tomorrow afternoon/night. Don't be nervous! Hope to hear something good from you soon :) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2016 at 6:02 AM, stacyZ said:

I don't remember I picked a program in my application and I think they reviewed applications all together...I interviewed during Feb 25th-27th and received admission a week after...So guys, any idea which college is better, MD Anderson/UTH or Baylor college of medicine? I can't really make a decision since they are both in Houston.....Thanks!!!

And congrats to those who just got admissions!!!

Hi! Have you decided whether you are choosing MD or BCM? I got into UTH GSBS for their MS in Biomedical Science program and I am headed there..

• 8 months later...
On 1/19/2016 at 4:05 AM, shovonreza said:

I am an international student from Turkey

Undergrad Institution: Reputed University In Turkey
Major(s): Molecular Biology and Genetics
Minor(s): N/A
GPA in Major:N/A
Overall GPA: 3.95
Position in Class: Top
Type of Student: international

GRE Scores (revised):
Q: 167 (94%)
V: 166 (96%)
W: 4.5 (80%)
B: 

TOEFL Total: 119 (Reading:29, Listening,Speaking and Writing:30 ), out of 120.

Research Experience: 1 year volunteer at a yeast molecular genetics lab, 2 research projects in the same lab studying molecular mechanism of aging, 1 summer internship in Concordia University Canada, Studying aging in yeast as well, but this was a biochemistry lab, so we studied lipid dynamics in those yeast strains.

Awards/Honors/Recognitions:  Dean's list in every semester, probably going to graduate Summa Cum Laude 

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: N/A

Any Miscellaneous Accomplishments that Might Help: An international student in turkey, studying under Government Scholarship,

Special Bonus Points: Recommendations are going to be great..I have good connections with all of the recommenders.

Any Other Info That Shows Up On Your App and Might Matter: N/A

Applying to Where:

Harvard - BBS - Mostly Aging biology, Redox biology, same for all  programs

UPenn - Biomedical Graduate Studies: Cell and Molecular Biology 

Brown University - Cell and Molecular Biology

Princeton- Molecular Biology

Boston University PIBS (SKYPE INTERVIEW)

University of Michigan-Ann Arbor: Cellular Molecular and Developmental Biology (SKYPE INTERVIEW)

Johns Hopkins: Biochemistry,Cell and Molecular Biology (ON CAMPUS INTERVIEW on 18-20 FEBRUARY)

University of Colorado,Boulder- Cell and Molecular Biology

Hi ! I'm a fellow student from Turkey as well. Didn't you hear anything from Harvard and Princeton or Brown? You have such stellar scores and it just puzzled me so much. Did they just ignore because you're an international student?

Hey, I got accepted at brown and got rejected from Harvard and Princeton , it's generally difficult for international students to get accepted, 3 Americans for 1 international, also I don't thInk I had enough research experience for Harvard 

• 8 months later...