So what are YOU stress eating???

sjoh197

On 2/11/2016 at 5:58 PM, teacherM7 said:

Guacamole and Girl Scout cookies...and maybe chocolate stout.

I can see chocolate stout and thin mints or samoas going well together, but what cookies go well with guacamole?

9 minutes ago, avflinsch said:

I can see chocolate stout and thin mints or samoas going well together, but what cookies go well with guacamole?

Thank you for noticing that, too! Lol.

Honestly I have a very intense love of avocados so I'd be willing to try, like, the shortbread cookies (I think called Marias or something?) with some homemade guac. 

36 minutes ago, avflinsch said:

24 minutes ago, bugabooo said:

Thank you for noticing that, too! Lol.

Honestly I have a very intense love of avocados so I'd be willing to try, like, the shortbread cookies (I think called Marias or something?) with some homemade guac. 

Sorry! Guacamole & tortilla chips, followed by caramel delites and stout as "dessert". Highly nutritious!!

I'm so glad I found this while I was procrastinating working out lol . 

I don't usually stress eat, but when I do- Wheat Thins. Usually with a cup of hot chocolate and a Disney movie or video games so I can avoid thinking about impending rejections from the programs I haven't heard back from -_-. I could probably finish the box and be ready for seconds before the trailers are done. Oops.

I found a local farm that sells duck eggs... So that's what I've been stress eating now. On that note, duck eggs taste like chicken eggs, but a lot better. The yolks are sooo much creamier and the whites are so much fluffier. My god. 

Stopped by the fancy schmancy coffee shop on my way to work today. By the time I ordered and received my chemex brewed coffee and food, I had already been there for 30 minutes and was definitely going to be 10 minutes late for work. Worth it. As I unwrapped the warm egg and bacon sandwich on a lightly toasted brioche bun with siracha aioli, my grad school stress was not nearly as important as this immaculate sandwich. While I am writing this, my memory of the sandwich is dying, and my grad school worries are quickly inundating my thoughts once more.

20 hours ago, CornUltimatum said:

I found a local farm that sells duck eggs... So that's what I've been stress eating now. On that note, duck eggs taste like chicken eggs, but a lot better. The yolks are sooo much creamier and the whites are so much fluffier. My god. 

100% going to an Asian market after work and buying those. Sounds delicious. 

I've actually been cooking and baking like crazy since the beginning of the year. I thought it was a good alternative, but then I realized all I'm baking are brownies and cakes and then cooking pastas...

Yeah need to find something else to stress eat. :P

I've very suddenly-- like within the past month-- developed a love of cheese plates. I've never been very adventurous with cheeses, which as a vegetarian is probably some sort of crime. 

My definition of a "cheese plate" is currently gouda, colby jack, mozzarella, and whatever else I have on hand. And lots of crackers! It's really hard to find wine pairing guides for vegetarians, so I'm experimenting with that as well.

21 minutes ago, bugabooo said:

I've very suddenly-- like within the past month-- developed a love of cheese plates. I've never been very adventurous with cheeses, which as a vegetarian is probably some sort of crime. 

My definition of a "cheese plate" is currently gouda, colby jack, mozzarella, and whatever else I have on hand. And lots of crackers! It's really hard to find wine pairing guides for vegetarians, so I'm experimenting with that as well.

A nice manchego with a sweet grape or apple is the way to go.

12 minutes ago, sjoh197 said:

A nice manchego with a sweet grape or apple is the way to go.

To show how lame I am, I legit had to google that. It's definitely going on my grocery list! Thanks!
I do keep to the sweeter, brighter wines. I just haven't gotten my pallet to a place where I can appreciate dry wines yet! 

3 hours ago, bugabooo said:

To show how lame I am, I legit had to google that. It's definitely going on my grocery list! Thanks!
I do keep to the sweeter, brighter wines. I just haven't gotten my pallet to a place where I can appreciate dry wines yet! 

Nah, I just really like cheese. Lol