Fall 2016 - Master of Health Informatics University of Toronto / Master of Science in eHealth McMaster University

bluejays

20 minutes ago, Dwabtit said:

you guys should email. I think the only reason me musicfeak and bluejays heard back last week was because we were very presistent that we needed to know asap.

Just say you want to apply for a scholarship or you have something else to apply for. Someone posted on the results page that they were rejected i hope it wasn't any of us.

That's right! Iris put us on a priority list as we notified her that we need an official offer ASAP. I had other awaiting offers and I needed something official from Mac so I let Iris know. 

Hi. I am unable to accept the offer for McMaster through Mosaic. The link provided with my admission letter just continues to load. When I sign in on my application directly using my email address on Mosaic, it shows my application status as "submitted". Am I missing something? What did you guys see when you used the link provided with the official letter email?

Edited by Crunch

2 hours ago, Crunch said:

Hi. I am unable to accept the offer for McMaster through Mosaic. The link provided with my admission letter just continues to load. When I sign in on my application directly using my email address on Mosaic, it shows my application status as "submitted". Am I missing something? What did you guys see when you used the link provided with the official letter email?

it could just be an error...i dont remeber what it said when i logged in but under action it would allow me to click on the thing and just accept. what does it say under the status column peding or conditional? i dont think i got a link with my admission letter i just went straight to mosaic 

4 hours ago, Crunch said:

Hi, May I ask you when did you get the offer letter?

The Mosaic system system seems pretty new and some functions are not tested well. I encountered several system bugs, too. You may need to write a letter to Iris ...

7 hours ago, shee_0907 said:

Nope. Not getting replies too :(

i think she is tired of getting emails especially because she has no control over the grad dept.

TBH, this does not reflect well on the program 

2 hours ago, Dwabtit said:

i think she is tired of getting emails especially because she has no control over the grad dept.

TBH, this does not reflect well on the program 

I think it is not the program itself but Mac's grad department.I browsed through other forum threads and it seems like Mac generally has slower admission cycle I think. 

9 hours ago, shee_0907 said:

I think it is not the program itself but Mac's grad department.I browsed through other forum threads and it seems like Mac generally has slower admission cycle I think. 

It's definitely the graduate department who takes longer issuing offers as I have heard the same from my friends. Let's hope all of you receive your offers soon. :)

Edited by bluejays

2 hours ago, alan55 said:

Just wondering why you guy picked McMaster over U of T? I know tealogic answered this question but I'd like to hear from more of you, thanks! 

couple of reasons:

1. I am in Mississauga so mac is much closer
2. The internships/coop is much better, i spoke to some people in the program and they all agreed mac is much better
3. Mac is known for all things health. 
4. Awesome funding
5. I know a few ppl who went to mac, and they all turned out great(most of them were mba tho)

Hey everyone, 

So I had the *exact same dilemma as some of you have currently right now. I got offered both at U of T and at McMaster. 

For those of you still on the fence, CHOOSE U OF T. 

I am not regretting a single moment of it. Although McMaster offered me multiple scholarships, the amount of opportunities I am currently receiving as a U of T Grad is bar none. If you look at current U of T MHI LinkedIN Profiles, you'll notice that most have secured co-ops / positions at well-known hospitals and consulting firms (KPMG, Sick Kids, UHN, to name a new). Not to say that people from McMaster haven't, but I found by just talking with some of the folks there they are at somewhat of a disadvantage, simply due to location and to a lesser extent brand name. 

My point isn't to degrade the McMaster program, however they do take lesser courses than U of T (I believe its 3 courses per term) which means that the amount of content is considerably less. I find the U of T program structured quite nicely, with progression of content and materials to help you get prepared for the workforce. 

Ultimately, its your decision, and both programs will make you successful. However for those who have a choice, choose U of T :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Just got a recommendation letter University Of Dalhousie For Masters In Health Informatics. Is anyone else considering Dalhousie? Congrats on everyone else getting accepted

I just got an official acceptance at McMaster for eHealth !

And this post was really interesting, even though I didn't apply to U of T I appreciate the insight. I would love to hear from someone from McMaster who is currently in the eHealth program if there's someone out there :) 

On 4/27/2016 at 2:04 AM, terrehermes said:

Hey everyone, 

So I had the *exact same dilemma as some of you have currently right now. I got offered both at U of T and at McMaster. 

I am not regretting a single moment of it. Although McMaster offered me multiple scholarships, the amount of opportunities I am currently receiving as a U of T Grad is bar none. If you look at current U of T MHI LinkedIN Profiles, you'll notice that most have secured co-ops / positions at well-known hospitals and consulting firms (KPMG, Sick Kids, UHN, to name a new). Not to say that people from McMaster haven't, but I found by just talking with some of the folks there they are at somewhat of a disadvantage, simply due to location and to a lesser extent brand name. 

My point isn't to degrade the McMaster program, however they do take lesser courses than U of T (I believe its 3 courses per term) which means that the amount of content is considerably less. I find the U of T program structured quite nicely, with progression of content and materials to help you get prepared for the workforce. 

Ultimately, its your decision, and both programs will make you successful. However for those who have a choice, choose U of T :)

On 27/04/2016 at 2:04 AM, terrehermes said:

Hey everyone, 

hey there,

thank you for the informative post, feeling better about my decision to accept uft!

was wondering if you could provide any tips for someone entering the mhi program. my academic background is unrelated, and have had no exposure to health informatics or even programming fundamentals. was thinking about picking up a textbook and going from there to help prepare myself. any ideas/suggestions? what was most challenging about your first semester?

thanks

• 2 years later...

I have done a 4 years Bachelor degree from UTM.I will apply in next Master in eHealth,or Health Informatics.My GPA is 3.5. Kindly advise me how can I get admission in which university of Ontario ,especially admission in UTM. I am taking extra online courses , right now from Thomas River university and Abasthasca university to raise my GPA.

Edited by mdmm55