Fall 2016 - Master of Health Informatics University of Toronto / Master of Science in eHealth McMaster University

bluejays

On 14/03/2016 at 0:02 AM, Crunch said:

Hey I just joined this forum. Saw some people have heard back from UofT - do you mind sharing your credentials? 

I have applied to both Mac and UofT but I am really interested in UofT. 

My cGPA is 3.25 and last two years 3.50-3.53. Don't have any experience in HI except for using HI softwares for work. Some research experience. What do you think are my chances?

Someone should make a spreadsheet keeping track of programs applied, credentials and dates of correspondence. 

Hey man! My interview with UFT was 2 weeks ago. It went pretty well and they said I will hear back by the end of the month. My credentials are on the first post of this forum.

On 3/14/2016 at 11:46 AM, musicfreak said:

The interview is very relaxed! The actual talking part of the interview was only 15 minutes for me so it's not too many questions, only like a time you had to resolve a problem and why you want to go there etc. I declined McGill and I think I will be accepting Queens but I'm still waiting back to hear from other programs before declining Mac. 

hey just want to know how you prepared for the interview and if there is anything you think we should do ?

2 hours ago, Dwabtit said:

hey just want to know how you prepared for the interview and if there is anything you think we should do ?

I didn't really prepare for the interview to be honest, since I went into it thinking I wasn't going to accept it (although now I'm considering it because I'm very interested in the program). I just thought of situational times that have happened in the past that I could use as examples of teamwork, leadership, etc. The actual interview took me 15 minutes so honestly just relax and don't stress..it seems like as long as you have decent people skills once you get an interview you'll get accepted. Best of luck to everyone

3 hours ago, musicfreak said:

I didn't really prepare for the interview to be honest, since I went into it thinking I wasn't going to accept it (although now I'm considering it because I'm very interested in the program). I just thought of situational times that have happened in the past that I could use as examples of teamwork, leadership, etc. The actual interview took me 15 minutes so honestly just relax and don't stress..it seems like as long as you have decent people skills once you get an interview you'll get accepted. Best of luck to everyone

What makes you feel interested in the program again? I am not familiar with Hamilton and did some survey. I found that the health industry there is growing and there are many on-going investments such as IBM and Hamilton Health Sciences hospital. Mac provides training and the local industries benefit from Mac. A win-win situation. That's why I think eHealth program is attractive ...

On March 15, 2016 at 9:50 AM, bluejays said:

Hey man! My interview with UFT was 2 weeks ago. It went pretty well and they said I will hear back by the end of the month. My credentials are on the first post of this forum.

Hey. Do you mind sharing what your major was in undergrad and what kind of work experience have you had? 

Good luck to everyone who has interview with Mac tomorrow. Let's all connect tomorrow to debrief on how it went. Hopefully we will be lucky as Musicfreak and get a result shortly after the interview. 

Hey man I have an undergraduate degree in Health Science and my work experience entails working on the business transformation side of technology implementation, process improvement, and change management projects in a consulting environment. All the best!

5 minutes ago, bluejays said:

Hello all - I had my McMaster eHealth interview this morning. I heard back via e-mail shortly after my interview regarding my acceptance. :)

Congratulations on acceptance! ?

Could you share your experience as in were the questions typical of any behavioral interview. Was it conducted by the department faculty or some external professional panel?

It was a very comfortable and relaxed environment and the questions were typical behavioural interview questions. There wasn't any questions that will throw you off.  It was conducted by the program founder and I believe a professor. Both of them were really nice and made me feel extremely comfortable. Good luck Riya!

On 10/03/2016 at 1:40 PM, musicfreak said:

My interview at McMaster was at 10 this morning and I already got accepted- fast turnaroaccepted

1 hour ago, bluejays said:

It was a very comfortable and relaxed environment and the questions were typical behavioural interview questions. There wasn't any questions that will throw you off.  It was conducted by the program founder and I believe a professor. Both of them were really nice and made me feel extremely comfortable. Good luck Riya!

Hey bluejays...do u know how long after did you hear abt an acceptance?

2 hours ago, bluejays said:

Hello all - I had my McMaster eHealth interview this morning. I heard back via e-mail shortly after my interview regarding my acceptance. :)

Hey do you know how long after did you hear back? I just finished mine 30 mins ago

I just finished my afternoon interview today as well and was told I would hear back by the end of next week. I wonder if it may take longer to hear back for those who applied for the thesis stream instead of the course stream. I applied to thesis but told them I am also open to taking the course stream. 

Edited by tealogic

8 minutes ago, tealogic said:

I just finished my afternoon interview today as well and was told I would hear back by the end of next week. I wonder if it may take longer to hear back for those who applied for the thesis stream instead of the course stream. I applied to thesis but told them I am also open to taking the course stream. 

Thats what I am thinking as well. I never had an opportunity to tell them that I am open course based...did they ask u that? Or did u just say it. Noam Archer did mine..I don't think we will hear anything till Monday just because it's almost 5 and I don't think iris would have time to send anything out now. I am nervous as shit cuzze I screwed up on one question

Just got the email from iris for full time thesis that they are recommending me to grad Dept. I spoke to her and she said that grad Dept is just a formality and 99.99 % you will be fine. Since the program started they only had 2 ppl not be accepted by grad Dept.

5 minutes ago, Dwabtit said:

Just got the email from iris for full time thesis that they are recommending me to grad Dept. I spoke to her and she said that grad Dept is just a formality and 99.99 % you will be fine. Since the program started they only had 2 ppl not be accepted by grad Dept.

Recommended to grad department....does that mean you got accepted and they are recommending you since you are now in the program?! Or is that just a formality before you receive an official acceptance?

Congrats anyway...I guess I'll just sit here for the next half hour and refresh my email :P 

54 minutes ago, tealogic said:

Recommended to grad department....does that mean you got accepted and they are recommending you since you are now in the program?! Or is that just a formality before you receive an official acceptance?

Congrats anyway...I guess I'll just sit here for the next half hour and refresh my email :P 

norm and iris told me that grad office is where all qualified applications after they interview pp and they feel that good for the person. According to both of them its a formality and 99.99 you are in. she said since the program started over 6 years there have been only 2 cases that had issues with. All the people that have heard acceptance have been referred to grad departmant. or am i wrong? did music freak and bluejays get a official offer from mac? i was told that gradschool office has the final say but that its mostly just a formality and they make sure the transcripts are legit...did anybody else hear something else?

Hi Dwabtit - I did not receive a formal offer rather the e-mail from Iris indicating that they are recommending me to the graduate department. In this situation, you are unofficially accepted. The graduate department just makes the offer a formal one and they verify grades and stuff if they have a doubt. Congrats!!

Hi all,

I applied to UofT for MHI & Mac for eHealth. 

I had my eHealth interview today and got accepted shortly after. 
My UofT interview was about two weeks ago, and went really well considering the surprise MMI lol.

I am waiting to hear back from UofT to decide. 
Good luck to all of you! 

Edited by elizabwur

53 minutes ago, Dwabtit said:

norm and iris told me that grad office is where all qualified applications after they interview pp and they feel that good for the person. According to both of them its a formality and 99.99 you are in. she said since the program started over 6 years there have been only 2 cases that had issues with. All the people that have heard acceptance have been referred to grad departmant. or am i wrong? did music freak and bluejays get a official offer from mac? i was told that gradschool office has the final say but that its mostly just a formality and they make sure the transcripts are legit...did anybody else hear something else?

congrats! i really wonder if most people get in after the interview as they would treat the interview as a formality. Or they really select/filter off people after the interview. But, looking at this trend it seems like most people do get accepted lol