Fall 2016 Genetic Counseling Applicants

gc09621

4 minutes ago, minja134 said:

Does anyone know the luck in the post match process?

(Also so everyone knows that is looking into is Northwestern is full)

According to the thesis @SuitCase posted, and keeping in mind that this was data from 2005-2006 first year class, there were 4 programs with open spots and 7 total open spots out of 27 programs that responded. If the numbers hold, for 35 programs, there are ~5 programs with open spots, although I'm sure it changes year-to-year a lot. (If you wanna read the study, here's the link.

I'm a little late to the party (I was wayyyy too nervous on Match Day to check here!), but congrats to everyone who accepted an offer and best of luck to people doing the second round of matching! Anyone else going to CSU Stanislaus??

7 hours ago, gcfc1989 said:

I'm a little late to the party (I was wayyyy too nervous on Match Day to check here!), but congrats to everyone who accepted an offer and best of luck to people doing the second round of matching! Anyone else going to CSU Stanislaus??

Congrats!

5 hours ago, futureGC said:

@SuitCase congrats!!!! so happy for you. @weilongli1 will be joining Northwestern too :) see you in fall! Good luck to everyone who's going for second match!!

See you there!!!

Apply to oklahoma for second match. They had second match openings two years in a row.

otherwise it sounds like just apply literally everywhere youre willing to go!

gl everyone!

Does anyone know anything about the new program at Indiana State? It seems pretty mysterious online, just wondering if anyone has connections there and knows more.

9 hours ago, GCtoBe said:

Does anyone know anything about the new program at Indiana State? It seems pretty mysterious online, just wondering if anyone has connections there and knows more.

Haven't heard about Indiana State, but I got to the University of Arizona and a GC program is in the works here! I'm friends (she mentors me) with the future Program Director. If everything goes well, it'll be open for Fall 2017 acceptance. There won't be information online until September though. She anticipates accepting 5 students. 

Edited by slaybackc

On 5/5/2016 at 0:54 PM, GCtoBe said:

I actually applied to and was accepted to Indiana State. I wish I had seen this thread sooner or I would have told you about this school! I believe since no one knew about it/they just got approved for accreditation, they only had maybe 20 applicants. 

Congratulations everyone on acceptances!