mso525

Hello all! I have applied to the Master of Arts- child study and education at OISE, and was wondering if anyone had received interviews offers yet? (to start school in 2016 fall)
The waiting is making me extremely anxious... especially since I thought I had a good chance of being accepted :(

In case anyone is worrying about the interview process, I just had my interview and though I am not sure how well I did the way it was set up was outstanding to me. It feels more like a discussion then a conversation. Students in the program are at the front ready for you to as questions or even give pointers or make you feel less anxious. It really made a great impression on the program! 

I had the interview for MA yesterday. I felt very relaxed since it seemed like a friendly environment. I can't wait to hear back from them!

Mso525 I have over 10,000 hours of work with children and have a B+ GPA for my 4th year courses that they look at. Good luck :)

Thank you to everyone who replied and messaged me privately.

Happy to say that I received an offer for the interview today! Hopefully I will see you guys next September! :) (A little early, but got to be positive right? haha)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, 

I have also applied for this upcoming fall but have not received an interview, so I am assuming this means that I have not been accepted and shall be expecting a rejection letter. However, I am applying from my fourth year and my degree has not been awarded yet, do you think I should apply again next year as they will be able to view my fourth year grades instead of my third year only?

Thanks, and congrats to everyone on their interviews!

4 hours ago, bearcub said:

Hey everyone, 

I have also applied for this upcoming fall but have not received an interview, so I am assuming this means that I have not been accepted and shall be expecting a rejection letter. However, I am applying from my fourth year and my degree has not been awarded yet, do you think I should apply again next year as they will be able to view my fourth year grades instead of my third year only?

Thanks, and congrats to everyone on their interviews!

It seems from past threads that sometimes interviews happen after the two designated Saturday dates in February so I would not lose hope yet! 

That being said, if you're super passionate and determined and need to apply again, do it! Gain some experience after your fourth year, work on your statement and try again. But like I said, don't lose hope yet! 

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post an update. I just received my acceptance from OISE's MA (Masters of Child Study and Education) and got an invite to the "Welcome Reception" which is at the end of March. I had my interview around 20 days ago. The acceptance mentioned that I was "recommended to the admissions team" and that I should expect my "official" acceptance letter late March or early April! Good luck to everyone who applied :)

Edited by tazjp

7 hours ago, tazjp said:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post an update. I just received my acceptance from OISE's MA (Masters of Child Study and Education) and got an invite to the "Welcome Reception" which is at the end of March. I had my interview around 20 days ago. The acceptance mentioned that I was "recommended to the admissions team" and that I should expect my "official" acceptance letter late March or early April! Good luck to everyone who applied :)

Same with me! See you there :)

2 hours ago, 11am123 said:

Same with me! See you there :)

9 hours ago, tazjp said:

Hi everyone,

Congrats!! 

Now I am officially nervous haha, was it through the telephone?

4 hours ago, speechies said:

Congrats!! 

Now I am officially nervous haha, was it through the telephone?

Nice @11am123 ! See you there :)

@speechies Did u have an interview? And if yes when? My friend didn't get any news yet either but her interview was just a few days ago. I got my acceptance email from the liaison at MACSE! I'm sure there is nothing to worry about because even in her email she mentioned that the official acceptance will be getting to me end of March/early April.

57 minutes ago, tazjp said:

Nice @11am123 ! See you there :)

@speechies Did u have an interview? And if yes when? My friend didn't get any news yet either but her interview was just a few days ago. I got my acceptance email from the liaison at MACSE! I'm sure there is nothing to worry about because even in her email she mentioned that the official acceptance will be getting to me end of March/early April.

I did I had my interview February 6th, so I am getting a bit worried. But either way congratulations! Me and your friend will be anxiously waiting haha..I do not know if they will do any more over the weekend.

4 hours ago, speechies said:

If anyone has gotten in please post! the wait is driving me crazy :blink:

Honestly don't stress! The welcome reception is end of March, you have lots of time. :) good luck

15 hours ago, Pookie22 said:

This may seem like a naive question, but if you haven't gotten an interview.. is it to be expected that you'll be rejected?

I am not an expert but for MA (child study & education) an interview is needed to be even considered to the program. However, MT (master of teaching) does not hold any interviews.

9 hours ago, tazjp said:

I am not an expert but for MA (child study & education) an interview is needed to be even considered to the program. However, MT (master of teaching) does not hold any interviews.

Thanks for responding!! 

.. I didn't apply to the MA child study and education.. where would I be able to find out if the programs I applied to had interviews? 

12 hours ago, Pookie22 said:

Thanks for responding!! 

.. I didn't apply to the MA child study and education.. where would I be able to find out if the programs I applied to had interviews? 

You can call the department or check online on their website! However I am 100% sure MT (Master of Teaching) does not have interviews.