Venting Thread

dgswaim

24 minutes ago, philosophe said:

Coming here to vent about the 5 upvote a day rule. Seriously, what is the point of that? I might be TOO positive and uplifting? So many people deserving of rep.... so few upvotes to give. ;_; 

No shit! Isn't this whole process hard enough on everyone as it is? Come on, TGC. We're just trying to show a bit of solidarity in these wild times.

12 minutes ago, Abendstern said:

I'll see your Dschinghis Khan and raise you a Millionär: 

Die Prinzen? I thought we were doing  cheesy songs. I have that song memorized! 

Beat that. 

Edited by MVSCZAR

7 minutes ago, Abendstern said:

How dare you mock the deliciousness of Thüringer Klöße! Ich hätte aber lieber einen Korn: 

Scheisse. Okay, der Satz geht an dich. But when I get to my computer, I shall prevail. 

21 minutes ago, philosophe said:

I don't know what's happening on this thread anymore. 

Ps why has it been so quiet this week? Hope Friday is a landslide of decisions. I can't wait all the way until Tuesday. 

I, too, am frustrated. I'll probably need to wait until next Friday until I hear the first thing (if anything). I have had absolutely no word on any of my programs. So frustratingly nerve-wracking.

1 hour ago, gughok said:

I, too, am frustrated. I'll probably need to wait until next Friday until I hear the first thing (if anything). I have had absolutely no word on any of my programs. So frustratingly nerve-wracking.

Same. Hoping for something to happen tomorrow, but who knows?

On 2/10/2016 at 8:49 PM, dgswaim said:

After I replied to their emails this morning, the department head emailed me back saying she "hopes that I get a lot of offers, but that I choose ASU."

I've been advocating for people to apply here for years.

http://hawaii.edu/phil/