ETH Zurich ESOP 2016

1 hour ago, thingii said:

Actually now that you mention it, fair enough. Also saw this regarding to timeframe:

So the 2016 version, here is what I got, I hope this year it will at least be by e-mail.. 

The conference of the ESOP commission will be at the beginning of March. After the conference the rector must authorize the decisions.

So you would have an answer middle/end of March 2016. You will have time to confirm the ETH admission. The Admission Office is informed about the ESOP conditions. 

54 minutes ago, E8 said:

I got a personal email from a professor, asking for the best time for the skype interview. But no official communication from the admission office yet.

Congrats !! Which track in Physics you would like to follow?

2 hours ago, canas said:

Congrats !! Which track in Physics you would like to follow?

Definitely the HEP one! How about you? Which field do you want to specialize in?

20 hours ago, levicorpus said:

Are there any more people waiting for cs admits? My withdraw button has been missing since 16th. Applied to distributed systems track..

hey man, i have also applied for distributed systems track, my withdraw button is disappeared too. Do you know anyone who is accepted for systems track?

On 24/02/2016 at 8:08 AM, Inorog said:

I and a friend also applied to Robotics, Systems and Control and our "withdraw" buttons are also gone, same as in everyone's case. I wouldn't ascribe too much meaning to it, honestly, as it's probably just a quirk/bug of their system. My Computer Science application (which was already accepted last week) still has the button, though.

Judging by last year's gradcafe listings, the RSC replies (both positive and negative) start coming in throughout the first week of March. So still a tiny bit of waiting left to do, I guess.

On another note, anyone accepted for the CS MSc, Theoretical Computer Science track? Do you know if the ETH does waitlists at all?

Quick update on my last post: I just got accepted to Robotics, Systems and Control! So the lack of "withdraw" button is 100% not an automatic rejection, for anyone still in doubt.

Had anyone else got CS acceptances over the past few days? Is there still hope for my friend who's waiting on a Theoretical Computer Science response?

1 hour ago, Inorog said:

Quick update on my last post: I just got accepted to Robotics, Systems and Control! So the lack of "withdraw" button is 100% not an automatic rejection, for anyone still in doubt.

Had anyone else got CS acceptances over the past few days? Is there still hope for my friend who's waiting on a Theoretical Computer Science response?

Congrats! Didn't you have another friend that applied to RSC? I'm still waiting to hear :/

My friend is still waiting for the Robotics MSc, can you see the widthraw button now that you got accepted?

I got my official letter for the CS MSc, it states that I should provide IELTS exams but it does not clearly define when. Should I take the exams and send them with the offer acceptance? or can I provide them in September when the semester begins?

17 minutes ago, rehab-robotics said:

Congrats! Didn't you have another friend that applied to RSC? I'm still waiting to hear :/

Scratch that, just got in! To astone42, yes, the button comes back and application status remains "submitted"

Good to hear about the withdraw bottom again! Still waiting here about Physics MSc (they are going really slow... this year I haven't seen any result in the page about Physics MSc yet...)

Congrats to those accepted today !

Edited by canas

7 minutes ago, astone42 said:

Congrats!

So, do they send the emails in alphabetical order or do you think is it random? 

We could compile a list of our initials with acceptance dates and times haha. 

But, as a note for future applicants, they do send the emails individually at different times. Not like the batch systems at other universities where they press a button to send a batch of notifications. (For people like me. I was sad reading the thread this morning thinking I wouldn't hear today)

43 minutes ago, rehab-robotics said:

Scratch that, just got in!

Congrats!

26 minutes ago, astone42 said:

Congrats!

So, do they send the emails in alphabetical order or do you think is it random? 

I can't say for sure.. My last name likely falls somewhere in the middle of their list (starts with "L") and my acceptances for both CS MSci and RSC MSci came after about 5-6 people had already posted theirs on gradcafe. Additionally, my friend (who also applied to both CS and RSC) has had absolutely no word from either programmes and his name is almost guaranteed to be at the very bottom of the list (starts with "Z").

I guess based on this info alone, it's possible that they take it alphabetically, but I'm still somewhat doubtful.

16 minutes ago, Inorog said:

Congrats!

I can't say for sure.. My last name likely falls somewhere in the middle of their list (starts with "L") and my acceptances for both CS MSci and RSC MSci came after about 5-6 people had already posted theirs on gradcafe. Additionally, my friend (who also applied to both CS and RSC) has had absolutely no word from either programmes and his name is almost guaranteed to be at the very bottom of the list (starts with "Z").

I guess based on this info alone, it's possible that they take it alphabetically, but I'm still somewhat doubtful.

My last name starts with T and I heard at 5:40 a.m. EST. About an hour after you? We need a few more sample points :D

My surname starts with D and I was notified 3 weeks ago. But as mine was for EE, not sure if it helps with your sample points.

Congratulations on acceptance to those who were!

@rehab-robotics I thought you were going to Stuttgart for the Summer? What's the plan?

4 hours ago, thingii said:

My surname starts with D and I was notified 3 weeks ago. But as mine was for EE, not sure if it helps with your sample points.

Congratulations on acceptance to those who were!

@rehab-robotics I thought you were going to Stuttgart for the Summer? What's the plan?

That was the plan. But Zurich was the first choice. I don't think I really have enough money saved to live in Stuttgart for the summer and then pay for Zurich. 

Congrats to everyone accepted! Keeping my fingers crossed/ "thumbs pressed" for everyone still waiting. 

Hi guys,

Got my MSc physics acceptance today. Good luck to everyone else!

(PS: The withdraw button on my account had disappeared a few days ago but had reappeared today)

Hey, also accepted over here in Physics MSc (finally!!!). 

Let's wait for the ESOP results (no hopes for me but I do for my partner who is a genius) !!!!

9 hours ago, rehab-robotics said:

That was the plan. But Zurich was the first choice. I don't think I really have enough money saved to live in Stuttgart for the summer and then pay for Zurich. 

Congrats to everyone accepted! Keeping my fingers crossed/ "thumbs pressed" for everyone still waiting. 

If you can afford Zurich, you're doing better than me already ;)

6 hours ago, thingii said:

If you can afford Zurich, you're doing better than me already ;)

By "afford" I guess I mean pay for the first six months until I'm allowed to get a job :P . Even with the high cost of living in Zurich, it's still cheaper than a public university in the US... I've been waiting tables since I got home from Germany and saving all the money. It's not a lot, but it's a start :D

Congrats @canas

Congrats to all accepted!

I also got accepted today for MS in Computer Science. It took 2 weeks longer for them to issue the decision as far as majority of CS decisions were made in mid of February. I have almost lost my hopes when suddenly got the decision.

Never lose your hope!

After being accepted "Withdraw" button appeared again.

Edited by _alex_

To those who have received acceptance, have your letters arrived in the post yet? It's been 4 weeks for me and I haven't received mine yet.

Considering the method I usually use to post documents overseas (the cheapest and slowest) takes around 2 weeks, which is pretty good by the horrible Australian standards, I'm feeling uneasy now.

Hello to everyone in this thread,
I've also got admitted to RSC (Robotics, Systems and Contol) on Tuesday, March 1, and got the official letter 2 days later in the mail.
But no response regarding the ESOP yet, fingers crossed, and good luck to you all! :)

13 minutes ago, Prince008 said:

Hello to everyone in this thread,
I've also got admitted to RSC (Robotics, Systems and Contol) on Tuesday, March 1, and got the official letter 2 days later in the mail.
But no response regarding the ESOP yet, fingers crossed, and good luck to you all! :)

Which continent (or if you wish to say, which country) do you live in?