ETH Zurich ESOP 2016

2 hours ago, SerendipityViya said:

I just heard of from some seniors that some major and departments sent notification letters slower than others. But also I wonder whether no interview exactly means no ESOP?

I do not think that restrictedly no interview = no ESOP. But I think your chances are low if you were not requested an interview, if that makes any sense.

6 minutes ago, canas said:

I do not think that restrictedly no interview = no ESOP. But I think your chances are low if you were not requested an interview, if that makes any sense.

Oh OK, thank you.

A senior just told me that ESOP desicions were sent at different time according to departments, but just very few students can be awarded an ESOP...so depressed and nervous for no any ESOP notification yet...

13 minutes ago, SerendipityViya said:

Oh OK, thank you.

A senior just told me that ESOP desicions were sent at different time according to departments, but just very few students can be awarded an ESOP...so depressed and nervous for no any ESOP notification yet...

I've totally lost my last hopes yesterday when some people were notified but we haven't. My hopes are focused right now into the Master scholarships...

10 minutes ago, canas said:

I've totally lost my last hopes yesterday when some people were notified but we haven't. My hopes are focused right now into the Master scholarships...

I didn't tick the box of msp.... just thinking I had somewhere wrong that time........

Congrats to all accepted to ESOP.

Chances of getting ESOP are quite slim in general. I have read in "ETH yearly report 2013" that  38 ESOPs were given out that year.  So we have 38 ESOPs and approx. 2000 admissions, well the ratio is not optimistic at all.

Edited by _alex_

35 minutes ago, _alex_ said:

Congrats to all accepted to ESOP.

Chances of getting ESOP are quite slim in general. I have read in "ETH yearly report 2013" that  38 ESOPs were given out that year.  So we have 38 ESOPs and approx. 2000 admissions, well the ratio is not optimistic at all.

Time to find $21,000 elsewhere for my visa application :wacko::rolleyes:

As for me, I think that MSP might have already been released(at least partially) . Or, if not, then I believe that we should hear about it by the mid of April.

Living expenses is a real burden here. One option to save is to go as exchange student for one semester somewhere to cheaper place ..:rolleyes:

I got this eamil today as a reply.

If you did not receive an email concerning the Excellence scholarship, so unfortunately you do not get this scholarship. Maybe you have a chance to get the Master scholarship. Till the end of March you should get an email with the result.

Best regards

D. Handloser

1 hour ago, yza said:

I got this eamil today as a reply.

If you did not receive an email concerning the Excellence scholarship, so unfortunately you do not get this scholarship. Maybe you have a chance to get the Master scholarship. Till the end of March you should get an email with the result.

Best regards

D. Handloser

Thank you for sharing. Exactly what I expected... Let's see the Master scholarship.

I just saw this information at the ESOP website:

The decision about the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Awards for the academic year 2016/17 will be advised on 31 March 2016.

The decision about the Master Scholarship Programme for the academic year 2016/17 will be advised on 31 March 2016.

• 2 years later...