2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

35 minutes ago, Cryptochrometime said:

Has anyone heard from UCSF BMS?

I'm waiting, too. There are a couple of responses on the results page, but I think it depends on when each faculty member gets around to calling people. 

3 hours ago, Cryptochrometime said:

Has anyone heard from UCSF BMS?

3 hours ago, jumanji5a said:

I'm waiting, too. There are a couple of responses on the results page, but I think it depends on when each faculty member gets around to calling people. 

As a current BMS student and someone who was heavily involved in recruitment, I can validate that statement. Faculty get assigned (most likely someone you interviewed with), and they have until the end of the week to contact you. Good luck :)

Accepted to UIC GEMS, Microbiology and Immunology track!! So overjoyed; I thought for sure I was going to have to do a masters with my low uGPA. Found out less than a week after my interview. 

Thank you all for the help you have given me! 

Edited by LoveMysterious
grammarz

Emailed my (hopeful) PI yesterday to see if he had any updates on my admission status (William and Mary Biology Dept deadline was Feb 1st). He said the process has just started and will take "~3 weeks or more" but he would keep me posted.

Part of me is not surprised because it has only been 2 weeks since the deadline. The rest of me is concerned because historically, a lot of people on the results got word from W&M in late Feb. Some of the humanities applicants are already getting acceptances/rejections! Obviously, those departments could have had earlier deadlines, but it's still driving me crazy!

I'm nursing a 102 degree fever that refuses to go down and coming to terms with the idea that it probably isn't a good idea to drive tonight to my interview...

And suddenly I get an email that I got into Harvard BBS!!!!!! :o:o:o

Happy, feverish mess = me. 

Accepted to Cornell BBS! :D
Definitely a huge relief, as this ended up being the only school I got an interview for. 
Was definitely thinking that things were really bleak a while ago but now that's all changed!

8 minutes ago, eagb said:

Thoughts on canceling upcoming interviews if I got into my first choice and will definitely be attending? Might lose some money, but would be another ~6 school days I'd have to miss...

Just go to the interviews, it's a big dick move to cancel now, and at minimum they're great networking opportunities.