2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

21 hours ago, mbarr1993 said:

Has someone heard from NYU Sackler PhD Program? I'm dying here 

They just sent me an offer, but I had applied through the joint application for neuro. Not sure if that's different from what you're talking about

7 minutes ago, pupperoni said:

They just sent me an offer, but I had applied through the joint application for neuro. Not sure if that's different from what you're talking about

I just got the official email for neuro, too.

1 hour ago, alpraz said:

Congrats, mind sharing what program for Anschutz?

Cancer Bio!

Edit: oops, forgot to say thank you!

Edited by sivis

29 minutes ago, alpraz said:

Awesome, is that part of the BMS or standalone? I am waiting on immunology. Care to give them a ring for me? :P

Standalone. I would guess BMS is either a more general program or umbrella and they choose specialties later? I'm not sure. Good luck for immunology, fingers crossed for you! I'm just grateful because they told us the exact date we would find out...

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:28 AM, BigThomason51 said:

Same here.  However, I applied on January 15th.  Honestly, I don't think it's too good that we've gone silent.  :/  Anyone want to be brave and email the program coordinator? :P

I saw a rejection posted on the survey, but we've all heard nothing haha. I contacted the program coordinator like a month ago, no response...

Waiting to hear back post interview is driving me nuts!!!  :wacko::blink: The fact that everyone in my lab keeps asking me if I've gotten accepted doesn't help either.

In other news, my step-mom apparently told all her friends and family I'm going to be a medical doctor.......

Just rambling in hopes of keeping my fingers from pressing refresh on my email......

56 minutes ago, KR Marksmen said:

Waiting to hear back post interview is driving me nuts!!!  :wacko::blink: The fact that everyone in my lab keeps asking me if I've gotten accepted doesn't help either.

In other news, my step-mom apparently told all her friends and family I'm going to be a medical doctor.......

Just rambling in hopes of keeping my fingers from pressing refresh on my email......

Same...Every time I get an email notification, my heart jumps, and it just ends up being spam. The program I interviewed at Feb 10th told me to expect a decision late February-early March, but at my interview I was told more like 1-2 weeks...I am stressing out

6 minutes ago, L543 said:

Same...Every time I get an email notification, my heart jumps, and it just ends up being spam. The program I interviewed at Feb 10th told me to expect a decision late February-early March, but at my interview I was told more like 1-2 weeks...I am stressing out

I've been doing the same thing!!! Newegg and Linkedin scared me so bad!!! 

One of my programs said by the end of February. Glad it's a short month. 3 less days to panic!

23 minutes ago, KR Marksmen said:

I've been doing the same thing!!! Newegg and Linkedin scared me so bad!!! 

One of my programs said by the end of February. Glad it's a short month. 3 less days to panic!

Well here's hoping we both hear by the weekend!

On 2/19/2017 at 6:57 PM, ImmunoB said:

I'm an international applicant too, and I heard back from MD Anderson before Christmas. I am interviewing with them next week. I am not sure if they are done sending interview offers! Why don't you send an e-mail to them? 

Hey. How are you? How was your interview? I still got no news from them. I'm dying here :wacko:

4 hours ago, britt2017 said:

I saw a rejection posted on the survey, but we've all heard nothing haha. I contacted the program coordinator like a month ago, no response...

Strange.  Normally I would say it's a bad sign, but so many people haven't heard from Case.  It's pretty strange.  Perhaps they got an influx of people apply extremely early, and already have filled their class?