2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

Anybody heard back from Michigan State (Plant Biology) ? Interviewed weekend of February 3rd and have yet to hear from them. Also saw that someone said they got accepted February 18th. 

Also, has anybody heard back from Oregon State (Botany and Plant Pathology), Colorado State (Botany), and Washington State (Plant Biology) ?

Cheers!

I'm wondering has anyone received the official admission letter from Harvard GSAS, no matter what program you are in?

I want to turn down offers from other places, but don't feel safe enough without the official one from Harvard...

45 minutes ago, SysEvo said:

I'm wondering has anyone received the official admission letter from Harvard GSAS, no matter what program you are in?

I want to turn down offers from other places, but don't feel safe enough without the official one from Harvard...

I haven't received the letter itself, but I did get an email saying the decision was available on the portal and they had a mini-letter there saying I was admitted. (I don't know if I was supposed to get this for both programs I applied to...)

13 minutes ago, Kaede said:

I haven't received the letter itself, but I did get an email saying the decision was available on the portal and they had a mini-letter there saying I was admitted. (I don't know if I was supposed to get this for both programs I applied to...)

thanks! i think yes, you should get an offer from GSAS for both of your program. The offer letter from my program said I should get the official one from GSAS in the next few days and I'm a little impatient now...

7 hours ago, SysEvo said:

thanks! i think yes, you should get an offer from GSAS for both of your program. The offer letter from my program said I should get the official one from GSAS in the next few days and I'm a little impatient now...

My first program's admit letter (not GSAS) said we'd hear back late Feb to early March, and the second said March. So we should be hearing back soon.

15 hours ago, SysEvo said:

Got my official Harvard BBS GSAS letter and package today, it details how to formally accept the offer :)

Got accepted by UPenn CAMB Cancer Bio (tho I already emailed to withdraw my application)... I was told by the Adcom that there's a quota for international students, so I declined the offer immediately and hope some other intl student would get this slot soon. Good luck!

Updates: just declined Weill Cornell PBSB and Duke Molecular Cancer Bio too. Hope will help folks on the wait list.

Edited by MCF10A

21 minutes ago, MCF10A said:

Got accepted by UPenn CAMB Cancer Bio (tho I already emailed to withdraw my application)... I was told by the Adcom that there's a quota for international students, so I declined the offer immediately and hope some other intl student would get this slot soon. Good luck!

Updates: just declined Weill Cornell PBSB and Duke Molecular Cancer Bio too. Hope will help folks on the wait list.

Congrats on all your acceptances!!

8 hours ago, SysEvo said:

I got mine this morning! thanks!

7 hours ago, PhDHopeful3 said:

Got my official Harvard BBS GSAS letter and package today, it details how to formally accept the offer :)

Congrats! I received my official BBS acceptance as well today and I've accepted! Feels good to be done with this exhausting process. 

9 hours ago, PhDHopeful3 said:

11 hours ago, SysEvo said:

I got mine this morning! thanks!

2 hours ago, jeanetics17 said:

Congrats! I received my official BBS acceptance as well today and I've accepted! Feels good to be done with this exhausting process. 

Congrats all! We made it!! :D

Was this through email or through mail? Didn't hear specifics about the package yet, though I did get the electronic accept form.

Edited by Kaede

3 hours ago, Kaede said:

Was this through email or through mail? Didn't hear specifics about the package yet, though I did get the electronic accept form.

Electronic one saying decision is available on the portal. and the online mail contains a link to confirm attending and says a package has been mailed. Just confirmed too:lol:

12 hours ago, Kaede said:

Haven't received my mailed package yet, but I heard they should be there within the next few business days (perhaps this week or Monday for east coasters) :)

On 3/2/2017 at 3:57 PM, Tessellate said:

Congrats! Which department? And did you accept?

Molecular Virology and Immunology. I did not accept, because I am still looking at a bunch of other programs. I will probably end up not attending though. 

On 2/25/2017 at 8:45 PM, ImmunoB said:

It was really nice! I heard that they are having their last on-site interview week after two weeks. But I have no idea when they are having Skype interviews. If they don't answer your email, calling them is another option :)

Good to hear that. Seems like their final say is on 9-10 th march.

46 minutes ago, virionoftomorrow said:

I got accepted to Stanford for Genetics!! I thought for sure after the interview that I didn't stand a chance. Best day ever!

Congratulations! :D

On 3/1/2017 at 7:39 PM, SysEvo said:

I got mine last week, so yours should be coming soon!