2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

9 hours ago, andyswps said:

Also haven't heard from Stanford Biophysics, but I saw one interview posted on the results search around December 20...

Yeah I was a little skeptical of that post since the biosciences web page says they will start contacting people at the beginning of this week. Seems like it was either a rare case, or a fake post. If I don't hear by the end of tomorrow I plan to email.

Has anyone received a rejection from Rockefeller/know if they're done sending interview invites? From previous years, it looks like interviews came out all at once around this time of year, and then the next day rejections came out. But I haven't seen any rejections on the results page and only 4 interviews? 

I'm holding out on scheduling another interview until I know about Rockefeller!

16 minutes ago, furiusfrutecake said:

Has anyone heard from UCLA Bioscience - Molecular Biology IDP/ UC San Diego Biological Sciences?

I haven't heard from UCLA yet... doesn't seem like anyone has I dont think

Edited by fitzgradschool

50 minutes ago, Nomad1111 said:

Has anyone received a rejection from Rockefeller/know if they're done sending interview invites? From previous years, it looks like interviews came out all at once around this time of year, and then the next day rejections came out. But I haven't seen any rejections on the results page and only 4 interviews? 

They just sent the rejection emails I think, I got one :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Deebageeba said:

@fitzgradschool @furiusfrutecake

Hey guys. My interview weekend is next weekend. I heard back from UCLA Molecular Biology IDP at the end of December.

On their website, they state that they have interviews in Jan, Feb, and March. Is it possible they'll extend more offers for interviews or do you think they've already emailed everyone?

1 hour ago, Nomad1111 said:

1 hour ago, fitzgradschool said:

They just sent the rejection emails I think, I got one :wacko:

Just got mine as well.  I actually thought that they sent everything already.  Nice to have some closure though.

Does anyone know if USC PIBBS (not sure if applying to the DSR program within PIBBS makes a difference) is done sending out invites? On their website it looks like PIBBS has two recruitment sessions, one in January and one in March?

I am also waiting to hear back from Stanford Biosciences (SCBRM)?  It seems like other departments within the biosciences have sent out invites but I haven't seen anyone from that specific program say they have heard anything yet...

4 hours ago, furiusfrutecake said:

Yep, back on the MIT hype train

From an email to current MIT Biology grad students (about helping recruit the new class):

The Admissions Committee decided to invite 102 students to open house to interview. These invitations went out Saturday.

I'm not 100% sure that this means no more invites will be sent out, but I suspect that it might. Sorry guys.

5 hours ago, Kaede said:

Just called MIT Biology and they confirmed that not all of the interview offers have been sent out.

Annoying that the person I spoke with told me otherwise, but that gives me hope :) 

41 minutes ago, TinyAmbystoma said:

From an email to current MIT Biology grad students (about helping recruit the new class):

The Admissions Committee decided to invite 102 students to open house to interview. These invitations went out Saturday.

I'm not 100% sure that this means no more invites will be sent out, but I suspect that it might. Sorry guys.

Oops, nvm re: previous post

1 hour ago, TinyAmbystoma said:

Hmm, interesting - I wonder why the administrator told me that they were not finished sending invites. Let's just go under the impression that they are done, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised if it turns out they're not.

10 minutes ago, pepmochaa said:

Hey guys! I applied Stanford Mic/Immunology and saw one interview invite. Is it bad form to email them now and ask if all invites have already been sent out? Thanks!

I think it's okay