5 hours ago, BamaBelle said:

Does anyone know anything about when Memphis will send decisions?

I assume it will by any day now judging by past years! Do you know anything about Bama? 

Edited by southernspeechie

5 minutes ago, southernspeechie said:

I assume it will by any day now judging by past years! Do you know anything about Bama? 

So I have a friend who works in the graduate admissions office and she said they're reviewing applications now. But decisions probably won't be out until the week of the 21, after our spring break

1 hour ago, southernspeechie said:

Wow, that's late! Are you undergrad at Bama? If so, do you like it and would you consider it for graduate school? 

I am! I have loved my time in TTown, but I'm ready for a change. The program is great, though, and I've loved it for undergrad. I'm doing undergrad practicum right now and the clinic supervisors all seem really helpful and invested in our success. Most of the professors have been wonderful, too. I've been able to watch the grad students a lot and they have sort of made grad school seem terrifying just from complaining about tests and things haha and when I asked them about it, they said, "It's not terrifying, just exhausting." And that's like the main impression I have of the graduate program. The students seem burnt out all the time. But it also seems like they've bonded over that, and it looks like they're a really tight-knit community, which I like. Also, if you come to Bama, you get to cheer for the Tide (still crying over our 16th National Championship lol). So yeah idk if that helps at all, but I think it's a really great program and if I didn't so desperately want something new, I would absolutely consider Bama, and I might still if they come through with a fellowship or something. If you have any specific questions about the program, I'd be happy to answer those, too! 

16 hours ago, southernspeechie said:

Ah -- just accepted into Samford, but Ole Miss is my #2 behind Tennessee so I told them to I won't be able to attend. 

I never heard from Samford yesterday. However, today I got credentials to login to my Banner account and the top of the email says, "Welcome to Samford University!" I followed all the directions and logged in/set up my Banner account using my SUID, but there is no letter or admissions information? Is this different than what y'all got? I am really rather confused.

1 hour ago, CSD1913 said:

I got a rejection from Memphis this morning.

I am sorry to hear that. I just received my acceptance. However, I am not sure if I will be attending there yet or not. I am still waiting to hear back from Auburn and Alabama before committing. 

1 minute ago, southernspeechie said:

I am sorry to hear that. I just received my acceptance. However, I am not sure if I will be attending there yet or not. I am still waiting to hear back from Auburn and Alabama before committing. 

Congrats!! I was accepted as well. I'll be waiting for funding decisions to be made.

Accepted to the University of Mississippi yesterday (part time) :) 

Rejected from the University of Memphis this morning :(

Aw sorry about Memphis.:(  But congrats on your acceptance to Ole Miss!!

Accepted to the University of Mississippi yesterday (part time) :) 

Rejected from the University of Memphis this morning :(

Congrats on the acceptance to Ole Miss. I went for a visit to Ole Miss and the town and atmosphere are amazing. It would be a great program to attend. I also toured their Health Science/Speech building and it was incredible!! 

19 minutes ago, southernspeechie said:

Congrats on the acceptance to Ole Miss. I went for a visit to Ole Miss and the town and atmosphere are amazing. It would be a great program to attend. I also toured their Health Science/Speech building and it was incredible!! 

22 minutes ago, BamaBelle said:

Aw sorry about Memphis.:(  But congrats on your acceptance to Ole Miss!!

Thanks you guys! & congrats on your acceptance as well :) 

I haven't gotten an email about my portal from Vanderbilt and it hasn't changed either so it's safe to say I haven't gotten in. It was a long shot, so I am not super surprised. 

What at has me concerned is that when I look at my portal is says submitted but it doesn't have my SOP in the uploads section. I swear I have checked it a billion times and never noticed it being missing before. I hope it didn't impact my application. 

3 minutes ago, ThatSpeechGuy said:

I haven't gotten an email about my portal from Vanderbilt and it hasn't changed either so it's safe to say I haven't gotten in. It was a long shot, so I am not super surprised. 

What at has me concerned is that when I look at my portal is says submitted but it doesn't have my SOP in the uploads section. I swear I have checked it a billion times and never noticed it being missing before. I hope it didn't impact my application. 

I’m assuming the same thing (still waiting for a notification). I’ve been refreshing my email for the last hour haha.

8 minutes ago, pdelacru said:

I’m assuming the same thing (still waiting for a notification). I’ve been refreshing my email for the last hour haha.

Is your personal statement on the list of uploads or received materials? I am really concerned that is affecting my application somehow. I don't see mine. 

4 minutes ago, ThatSpeechGuy said:

Is your personal statement on the list of uploads or received materials? I am really concerned that is affecting my application somehow. I don't see mine. 

Mine isn't but I'm sure that's just a platform choice on their part (they probably received our personal statements but they just don't show up). The results page was updated a few minutes ago with someone who was waitlisted. Maybe Vandy is sending wait list notifications now?

Hey y'all, I got waitlisted at Vanderbilt. It looks like they might be sending out the results in waves.. accepted, waitlisted, rejected?? Which makes the waiting even harder... A few hours ago, I was seriously crossing all my fingers and praying to the almighty gods above that there was a glitch in the system. I don't think they get to the waitlist very often because it's such a prestigious program, so I'm not going to get my hopes up. Hoping the best for you guys!!! 

5 minutes ago, pdelacru said:

Mine isn't but I'm sure that's just a platform choice on their part (they probably received our personal statements but they just don't show up). The results page was updated a few minutes ago with someone who was waitlisted. Maybe Vandy is sending wait list notifications now?

Good to know it's the same on yours. I would much rather get rejected than have that "what-if" scenario playing through my head. 

On 3/10/2016 at 8:17 PM, PinkSpeech said:

I know! It was really hard cramming it into two minutes. I did a practice run and wasn't done with 1/4 of it before the time ran out haha. It was good because I think I was able to focus on what was important, but I'm not sure what they are looking for - especially since I had already answered their questions in my personal statement. Good luck to you, I'm sure yours will turn out great!

I've had mine done since this morning and have been too scared to submit it haha. It's like I think I'll come up with a way to make it better as soon as I send them the link. I hope we all hear good news soon!

Good luck to you both! I just submitted my video this morning.  I am SO nervous!!!

1 minute ago, jdb10c said:

Good luck to you both! I just submitted my video this morning.  I am SO nervous!!!

Thanks and you too! I was so nervous about mine, I thought about trying to redo it today since I submitted it in the middle of midterms. There honestly wasn't anything to change anyway but by the time I woke up they had already viewed it! (please tell me I am not crazy and not the only one checking that lol)