Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Thomas_medici said:

How is your profile jChuang ?

Hi, I am not typical ...  I have worked for more then 10 years and try to go back to school to learn new things.

Don't know if this program wants people like me. Have you heard anything from UBC?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jChuang said:

Hi, I am not typical ...  I have worked for more then 10 years and try to go back to school to learn new things.

Don't know if this program wants people like me. Have you heard anything from UBC?

I was talking to UBC ECE program sec, all applications have been processed and are waiting for faculty review. Decisions expected by end of March.

Edited by lovedeep
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, lovedeep said:

I was talking to UBC ECE program sec, all applications have been processed and are waiting for faculty review. Decisions expected by end of March.

Good to know their schedule. I will start worrying about the result after 20th ... haha

Thank you for providing me such a great information ~:-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2016 at 8:51 PM, jChuang said:

Good to know their schedule. I will start worrying about the result after 20th ... haha

Thank you for providing me such a great information ~:-)

BTW, did your application status for UBC MASc. changed from " SUbmitted" to something else.?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2016 at 0:47 PM, Thomas_medici said:

Nah..Nothing new..Thats why I asked..Some universities have a "Under Review" status ..May be UBC doesn't have.

Have you heard from UBC yet? It is THE END OF MARCH now ... my status remains the same. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jChuang said:

Have you heard from UBC yet? It is THE END OF MARCH now ... my status remains the same. 

Same here !! No notification.I was so freaked out during the last few days. Now march too has ended.. Haven't seen any results yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its April, I still haven't received any updates from either of the campuses. 

Has anyone gotten any feedback from the professors? I have emailed a couple of them, but I still haven't gotten one reply. I must be doing something wrong. :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2016 at 0:20 PM, jenny123 said:

Its April, I still haven't received any updates from either of the campuses. 

Has anyone gotten any feedback from the professors? I have emailed a couple of them, but I still haven't gotten one reply. I must be doing something wrong. :/

I emailed them . I have applied to the Vancouver campus. They said  they have received a huge volume of applicants and said that all applications are "under evaluation". Decisions by end of April.   .... Fingers crossed !

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thomas_medici said:

Any news yet ?? I had some rejects this week from some US universities...SO need a really good news this April now !!!

No news ... And according to this post, we may wait until mid-May @.@

I think my hope is fading since there are some offers already given and yet  too many competitors for the remained position.

University Of British Columbia (UBC) ( ECE ) Electrical And Computer Engineering, Masters (F16) Other via Other on 13 Apr 2016 I 13 Apr 2016
  • To the poster below, I have contacted the UBC several times. first time I contacted them in late February and they told me that the result will be out in the end of March. Second time I contacted them a week ago, and they told me that they have received 900 application for Master degree in ECE department and the result will be out in mid- May. And I have applied for Analog Integrated Circuit Design Track....What's your track?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2016 at 9:21 AM, jChuang said:

No news ... And according to this post, we may wait until mid-May @.@

I think my hope is fading since there are some offers already given and yet  too many competitors for the remained position.

University Of British Columbia (UBC) ( ECE ) Electrical And Computer Engineering, Masters (F16) Other via Other on 13 Apr 2016 I 13 Apr 2016
  • To the poster below, I have contacted the UBC several times. first time I contacted them in late February and they told me that the result will be out in the end of March. Second time I contacted them a week ago, and they told me that they have received 900 application for Master degree in ECE department and the result will be out in mid- May. And I have applied for Analog Integrated Circuit Design Track....What's your track?

 

Oh...waiting till mid-may sounds very bad....:-(

When I contacted they said April End.

Link to post
Share on other sites

UBC's portal status will always going to say "Submitted" or "In process"... I e-mailed my admission coordinator asking for my status on the waitlist, and a couple days later she responded me saying that I've been offered a spot. The status still says "in process" in my account even though they sent me an offer of admission. I don't think it will change until all the paperwork is done (including sending in your other official transcripts) and that they send you a final official admittance letter. Note that I applied for a totally different program at UBC though.

Edited by missleung
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2016 at 9:21 AM, jChuang said:

No news ... And according to this post, we may wait until mid-May @.@

I think my hope is fading since there are some offers already given and yet  too many competitors for the remained position.

University Of British Columbia (UBC) ( ECE ) Electrical And Computer Engineering, Masters (F16) Other via Other on 13 Apr 2016 I 13 Apr 2016
  • To the poster below, I have contacted the UBC several times. first time I contacted them in late February and they told me that the result will be out in the end of March. Second time I contacted them a week ago, and they told me that they have received 900 application for Master degree in ECE department and the result will be out in mid- May. And I have applied for Analog Integrated Circuit Design Track....What's your track?

 

Any news from Vancouver's program ? Its so late...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.