Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

I want to thank everyone for the support! Unfortunately, I did not get the Fulbright ETA. I was disappointed to say the least but in my experience these things usually happen for a reason. For those who are waiting I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck everyone on wherever you land.

2 hours ago, curious001 said:

Hi guys! I am a finalist for a research grant, and I have a question about the medical clearance forms that I thought the forum could help with - how long is it taking people to hear back? I submitted mine over 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything! Is this typical? Has anyone tried calling?

Thank you!! This board is great. Congrats to all the finalists, and fingers crossed for the alternates and everyone still waiting!

I'm in the same boat! I'm going on 2.5 weeks. Let us know if you hear back soon! I'm in a non-commission country (Panama), so I'm not sure if that has any impact on it.

1 minute ago, blakec1988 said:

I'm in the same boat! I'm going on 2.5 weeks. Let us know if you hear back soon! I'm in a non-commission country (Panama), so I'm not sure if that has any impact on it.

I haven't received my grant statement award from the Fulbright Commission in my country yet (and it will be two weeks tomorrow) :o I am hoping to upload my medical documents today so I am thinking I might be waiting for a while for those to go through. 

By the way, what part of Panama will you be in :) I will be your southern neighbor in Colombia. I visited the bocas del toro region and it is so beautiful! 

Just now, ibette said:

I haven't received my grant statement award from the Fulbright Commission in my country yet (and it will be two weeks tomorrow) :o I am hoping to upload my medical documents today so I am thinking I might be waiting for a while for those to go through. 

By the way, what part of Panama will you be in :) I will be your southern neighbor in Colombia. I visited the bocas del toro region and it is so beautiful! 

According the email I received from my contact, they won't send the grant statement until I get medical clearance (so annoying!).

I'll be in/around Panama City, so a bit far from the Colombian border, but if you come through, let me know! :)

3 minutes ago, mckenna81 said:

Just got word. I didn't get it. Pretty devastated.

HUGS.

Also, I just noticed someone from my Uni also applied to Ireland. ((HUGS))

14 minutes ago, ibette said:

HUGS.

Also, I just noticed someone from my Uni also applied to Ireland. ((HUGS))

Thanks. This was for Canada.

It was a scholar award, though, so if anyone is waiting for a student/ETA award, this probably is a separate notification process.

Just now, mckenna81 said:

Thanks. This was for Canada.

It was a scholar award, though, so if anyone is waiting for a student/ETA award, this probably is a separate notification process.

I heard Scholar awards are more tougher and competitive. Congratulations on getting this far and I really hope you can still complete your project in Canada!

4 hours ago, smithsonian25 said:

I want to thank everyone for the support! Unfortunately, I did not get the Fulbright ETA. I was disappointed to say the least but in my experience these things usually happen for a reason. For those who are waiting I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck everyone on wherever you land.

1 hour ago, mckenna81 said:

Just got word. I didn't get it. Pretty devastated.

I'm so sorry. I hope you both enjoy the next stages in your study and research journeys,  wherever they may take you. Hope you're also doing something to treat yourself. It's been a long old wait. 

Hi all! 

I was notified nearly two weeks ago now that I was selected for a PhD research grant to Namibia... but the student self-service portal still isn't working... so I haven't been able to access ANY of the documents! I've been back & forth with tech support, but I'm afraid I'm starting to bother the guys, as I've checked in with them like 4 times already... 

Have any other awarded grantees been experiencing trouble with this? Has anyone heard back or had any news about what exactly we're supposed to be doing? 

Many thanks! 

P.S. 

Congrats to those who have been awarded thus far! What a relief!! 

To those who have received news that they were not selected this time around, do not despair! I applied for a research grant to the EU when I was in undergrad & was eventually rejected (being a finalist had totally gotten my hopes up). There is ALWAYS another chance (this was my redemption) & there are ALWAYS other amazing options for you to explore! 

Just now, Jgadient said:

Waiting for Germany ETA is slowly crushing my soul

Seriously. I don't know how much longer I can do this D: I'm especially freaking out today since there's only ever been one time that Germany ETA has released later than 4/4.

25 minutes ago, srhkdr said:

Any ETA's thinking about going to grad school for International Education Policy? Just starting to look at programs...

I just finished a program in International Environmental Policy at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey. They also have an International Education Management program that is only three semesters long, one of which is a professional practicum that can be in the U.S. or abroad. Could be cool!

Edited by josxuo