Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

1 minute ago, Dash123 said:

Thanks pal! Yes, I'm hoping it will sort itself out soon and everything will work out. Sadly, I haven't exactly had the time to start learning Czech with everything going on. Have you?

Fingers crossed for us both! :)

Haha no I have not. Hopefully, we both will have a reason to soon! ?

2 minutes ago, srhkdr said:

Haha no I have not. Hopefully, we both will have a reason to soon! ?

I keep trying to tell myself it's normal haha, that hardly anyone here would've had the opportunity to learn Czech before now and that once (if) we get the ETA then we have several months to get some basic language under our belts. That's what I hope anyway 

10 hours ago, Dash123 said:

I keep trying to tell myself it's normal haha, that hardly anyone here would've had the opportunity to learn Czech before now and that once (if) we get the ETA then we have several months to get some basic language under our belts. That's what I hope anyway 

Haha yes, definitely normal. I haven't even thought about it because it would get my hopes up too high. But we will have plenty of time to learn what we need if we get it! 

13 hours ago, elbarton said:

Hey all,

First time posting (though I've read through the entirety of this year and last year's postings in the past couple days), but I'm a current first-time applicant and semi-finalist for a UK Partnership Research/Study award at the Royal Veterinary College. I've been driving myself crazy the past week or so having not heard any news about an interview invitation (and also compulsively checking spam filters to ensure I didn't miss anything!) and watching the days slowly creep by...now that some countries' applicants seem to be hearing back, has anyone from the UK still not been invited to interview? The award I applied for is literally brand new this year, so I'm wondering if that might have something to do with the relative radio silence about communicating with a semi-finalist for this specific award. 

Best of luck to everyone, by the way, and congrats to those starting to hear back!

Hey there!

I am in a very similar situation regarding my UK partnership award to UCL. I only know of one other person applying to the same university who also has not heard back about an interview. So I think there very well could be a few more of us who they still have not gotten to. It's possible the UK is being delayed.

Also, there have been some posts here and in the 2016-17 Fulbright forum if you care to search back about someone's FPA saying that the UK occasionally does not interview candidates that go on to win because their application is strong enough.

I hope this gives you at least something to go off of...I am still checking my spam filters very regularly!!

Cheers

So based on last year's data, it looks like Vietnam, Italy, Romania, Greece, Andorra, and Bulgaria applicants should all know very soon... AGHHHHHHHHHH I CANNOT WAIT! (Bulgaria applicant here)

Edited by tommec

1 minute ago, legato said:

Hey there!

I am in a very similar situation regarding my UK partnership award to UCL. I only know of one other person applying to the same university who also has not heard back about an interview. So I think there very well could be a few more of us who they still have not gotten to. It's possible the UK is being delayed.

Also, there have been some posts here and in the 2016-17 Fulbright forum if you care to search back about someone's FPA saying that the UK occasionally does not interview candidates that go on to win because their application is strong enough.

I hope this gives you at least something to go off of...I am still checking my spam filters very regularly!!

Cheers

Can confirm not everyone is interviewed.

1 minute ago, Paradoxin756 said:

Finland just announced! (As far as I know I'm one of the only applicants on this thread). 

Best of luck to everyone! It looks like we can expect normal notification dates. :D 

I take it you got it? If so, CONGRATS!

Hi friends! Sorry for the lack of posting - super busy. 

Can confirm - Denmark sent out acceptances today. No acceptance here - just an alternate. :(

Best wishes to everyone else - here's hoping for acceptances headed your way!

1 minute ago, abrakazam said:

Can confirm - Denmark sent out acceptances today. No acceptance here - just an alternate. :(

I hope you get converted! I know alternate is its own Hell, but I hope it ends up worth it for you!

1 minute ago, Horb said:

I hope you get converted! I know alternate is its own Hell, but I hope it ends up worth it for you!

Thank you so much - I hope so too! No idea what the statistics for alternate look like, but here's hoping for the best.

1 minute ago, abrakazam said:

I hope you will be able to get bumped up!  Being an alternate is really bitter sweet and the feeling of uncertainty doesn't help.  Best of luck to you!