Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

1 minute ago, Ndfan2373 said:

Checking in... Czech Republic just announced. Finalist for Czech Republic ETA! Any other Czech Finalists on this board?

ETA Finalist for Czech Republic here too! WOO! Just a heads up everyone - I received 2 emails! The first one was with the subject line "Congratulations On Your Fulbright U.S. Student Award" and the next one was "Fulbright Application Status (P)." Not sure if this is the norm, but I know people have been curious about subject lines. 

Good luck to everyone!! <3 

39 minutes ago, srhkdr said:

ETA Finalist for Czech Republic here too! WOO! Just a heads up everyone - I received 2 emails! The first one was with the subject line "Congratulations On Your Fulbright U.S. Student Award" and the next one was "Fulbright Application Status (P)." Not sure if this is the norm, but I know people have been curious about subject lines. 

CONGRATS! Wahooooo! 

2 minutes ago, thepictureisstill said:

Perhaps Germany and Japan? 

Slovak Republic just reported, according to my FPA.

I also applied to Germany and am hoping we hear today, but not right before my class. I think I could hold off opening the email, but idk...

Edited by Horb

2 minutes ago, Horb said:

Slovak Republic just reported, according to my FPA.

I also applied to Germany and am hoping we hear today, but not right before my class. I think I could hold off opening the email, but idk...

It seems quite likely you could hear today. I wouldn't be able to hold off on opening the email.

If Ireland comes in on Friday, as they have in the past, I've asked my advisor (who I'm very close to) to confiscate my phone as we'll be in a group critique of my thesis exhibition. 

On 3/11/2017 at 3:44 AM, ibette said:

Well I am in Germany right now and I am definitely freaking out that I might be here when I found out about Western Hemisphere (which tends to run from March 18-31st). Ughh! At least I don't have access to wifi constantly so I won't be checking my e-mail much.

Soooooo.... you want to meet up for a bite or alcohol or something if we're within 1hr of each other? I'll PM you if you're interested! I'm here, too!

1 hour ago, srhkdr said:

Just wanted to say that when I received my acceptance on Friday I had the same thing. First an email saying "Congratulations On Your Fulbright U.S. Student Award", then, about a minute later, an email titled "Fulbright Application Status (P)".

Also, I'm gonna throw this idea out there - if I get the Fulbright, I'm hoping to do some independent travel in the post Soviet bloc (looking at you, Ukraine people!). I studied Russian and did CLS Azerbaijani. Is there any kind of couchsurfing-type community of fulbrighters? I'd love to host people and/or to see another country via a fulbrighter! Thoughts? 

4 minutes ago, Lab6214 said:

Also, I'm gonna throw this idea out there - if I get the Fulbright, I'm hoping to do some independent travel in the post Soviet bloc (looking at you, Ukraine people!). I studied Russian and did CLS Azerbaijani. Is there any kind of couchsurfing-type community of fulbrighters? I'd love to host people and/or to see another country via a fulbrighter! Thoughts? 

Lol. I know exactly who you are. Hopefully I get Georgia and you get spain, then you can return to the Cacusus. 

2 minutes ago, Luka said:

Lol. I know exactly who you are. Hopefully I get Georgia and you get spain, then you can return to the Cacusus. 

Would love that! And yes, repping Truman! 

23 minutes ago, Lab6214 said:

Lol, if you want to come to Russia this year, I'm more than happy to host you.  If Ukraine happens, I'd love to do it as well.

3 minutes ago, gogotime said:

Lol, if you want to come to Russia this year, I'm more than happy to host you.  If Ukraine happens, I'd love to do it as well.

Haha you rock! Awesome. Would love to go to Russia if the visa wasn't so darn complicated. Ukraine would probably be easier. 

1 minute ago, LibbyCreek said:

If I get this, any of you are welcome to come crash my flat in Hungary on the couch- assuming I have one :)

Best of luck to both of us!!! 

11 minutes ago, Lab6214 said:

Haha you rock! Awesome. Would love to go to Russia if the visa wasn't so darn complicated. Ukraine would probably be easier. 

Ukraine doesn't require any sort of Visa!  In and out.