Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

2 minutes ago, catsbloom said:

Well, we survived another day of waiting. 

Not so far... I think we have another 30 minutes - 1 hour until their offices close :P 

3 minutes ago, jmhawkin24 said:

Hopefully Thailand ETA comes today!

Ahh I hope!! I will be hiking all next week without access to wifi and someone else wrote that they called the East Asia/Pacific office and learned that the coordinator was out of the office until next week......ergh

41 minutes ago, sam89 said:

CONGRATS!!!!! 

Also... LOL at the rep before for straight up telling you Spain wouldn't come out today because they hadn't received the decisions... 

Haha yes so unexpected today! 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU everyone for the kind wishes! Doing backflips! Congrats to all other grantees from today as well! 

I WAS SELECTED FOR A FULBRIGHT ETA POSITION FOR LA RIOJA SPAIN! I'm a senior in college and teach Spanish in an immersion program once a week to kids and I checked my email during class this evening (my kiddos probably thought I was insane) and I couldn't help but leap for joy once I read my email! I am so lucky! Being a first generation college student and the first in my family to graduate high school, I don't feel I even deserve such a prestigious award. :) Who else will be in La Rioja, Spain with me? We all have to talk!!! :)

Edited by SrtaOrozco

7 hours ago, inkstainedarm said:

Haha as someone who's never studied abroad before, I have SO MANY questions, so I'll definitely shoot you a PM! Oh that's awesome--mine is specifically centered around using the rhetoric of primary sources to determine what kind of social/cultural environments shaped able-bodied people's reactions to disability from about 1350-1480 (my past work has been on Henry VI's catatonic period). Best of luck to you as well! Hopefully we both trade this gray Washington weather for...well, gray English weather!

I can imagine!! I did SO much research before I studied abroad back then. I'll respond to your PM after I post this. I love your topic - it looks very interesting!! YES! I actually moved up here from SoCal because I missed England's weather so much. So psyched to go back! LOL 

I find it rather funny (perhaps not coincidental) that so many of us applying for the UK partnership are in Washington. That is CRAZY!

Also, I ran out of likes so CONGRATS to all you new Fulbright awardees!! Woohoo!

3 minutes ago, inkstainedarm said:

@McGhee it's kind of cracking me up too! Guess we're just attracted to places that are wet, rainy, and gray, and therefore also very green! (well, assuming we're all in western WA)

I'm actually an East Bay Cali native, but now in North Tacoma/Ruston. So yes, very rainy!  I think that weather makes me more productive lol. If it's gray and gloomy might as well spend it writing or in a museum, archive or library, right? ;) If we all get it, we'll have to form a WA to UK group!

9 minutes ago, inkstainedarm said:

@McGhee it's kind of cracking me up too! Guess we're just attracted to places that are wet, rainy, and gray, and therefore also very green! (well, assuming we're all in western WA)

haha I'm actually from LA but ended up in Rochester, NY and Seattle since then. I guess my life is attracted to rainy and grey places?

maybe we can all grab drinks after the decision comes out? I'll probably be drinking no matter the outcome lol.