Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

2 hours ago, mrhappy895 said:

First time posting here -- ETA semi-finalist to Malaysia. Getting pretty salty over here that Asia seems to come out last! Last few years came out mid/late April... getting angsty reading these posts and seeing so much success haha 

Same here exactly!
Mid-April is SO FAR AWAY. I'm not optimistic about us hearing this week, but it'd be a miracle and a half if we could hear by the end of next week! My fingers are crossed for us :)

1 minute ago, NatureCulture said:

This is a bit late to be asking, but does anyone know if any research/study applicants to the Netherlands were interviewed?

Best of luck to everyone who is still enduring the wait!

A friend of mine was not interviewed and she's a research semi-finalist there, if that's any help!

Good luck today, all! I'm genuinely surprised we haven't heard back from Germany yet, but who knows. At this point, I've stopped making bets and predictions.

1 minute ago, maelia8 said:

Good luck today, all! I'm genuinely surprised we haven't heard back from Germany yet, but who knows. At this point, I've stopped making bets and predictions.

Yeah same! I'm trying to just soak in being a S-F for a little while longer and being happy that I'm still in the running :) 

3 minutes ago, Horb said:

Yeah same! I'm trying to just soak in being a S-F for a little while longer and being happy that I'm still in the running :) 

That's a great perspective on this. Just a little while longer to celebrate what was already a fairly sizable victory :)

1 hour ago, milliedaisy said:

Never forget the person who obviously trolled the Spain ETAs yesterday! Fingers crossed

To be fair it did actually make the notification a surprise! And it makes for a better story when telling my friends haha

1 minute ago, Lab6214 said:

To be fair it did actually make the notification a surprise! And it makes for a better story when telling my friends haha

Solid point!

2 minutes ago, aheather said:

That's a great perspective on this. Just a little while longer to celebrate what was already a fairly sizable victory :)

Yeah. My goal was just to make it to round 2. Obviously, I want to win, but I was trying to be realistic. Even if I do believe in my application, the committee might not be as passionate about it as I am. And it was such a fun learning experience too. 

41 minutes ago, Meliglwssos said:

(Indonesia ETA semi-finalist as well) I'd love to know today because tomorrow I'm getting on a train to Miami then a flight for Madrid. I don't want to be checking my email whenever I get to the hostel. I wish I had the patience to just let it happen when it happens but I'm anxious. 

I was a lot more calm about CLS (partially because I was having a great time studying in Ecuador & I didn't really think I should get it) but I feel like the more confidant I am about my qualifications the more nervous I become waiting.

Best of luck to you!  

Good luck to you as well!! I hope we both get it :)

21 minutes ago, NatureCulture said:

This is a bit late to be asking, but does anyone know if any research/study applicants to the Netherlands were interviewed?

Best of luck to everyone who is still enduring the wait!

I am a Research/Study semi-finalist for the Netherlands and I was not interviewed. In response to the recent post regarding an interview in the Netherlands, I have been engaged in the emotional process of giving up on Fulbright prospects and reminding myself of everything I have to be thankful for in life. I actually closed that spread sheet and the grad cafe for an hour in my grieving (which is probably good because I need to get to work)! Is it possible that Research/Study candidates were not interviewed?

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTime said:

I am a Research/Study semi-finalist for the Netherlands and I was not interviewed. In response to the recent post regarding an interview in the Netherlands, I have been engaged in the emotional process of giving up on Fulbright prospects and reminding myself of everything I have to be thankful for in life. I actually closed that spread sheet and the grad cafe for an hour in my grieving (which is probably good because I need to get to work)! Is it possible that Research/Study candidates were not interviewed?

I am also a research/study semi-finalist for the Netherlands and I was not interviewed. 

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTime said:

Since I was the one who posted that I should definitely note that I applied for ETA so don't lose hope yet!! I think they just interviewed us this time around because this is the first year they are accepting ETAs, but I understand the research program has been in the Netherlands for a while so maybe they don't feel the need to interview. Sorry to have caused any unnecessary grieving, but ETAs and research grants are definitely not approached the same way and I'm sure you're both awesome candidates so you wouldn't need an interview!!

Same here - Netherlands research semifinalist, no interview. In my weeks of reading through things on here I've never seen anything indicating that they are a regular part of the Dutch process, and I was certainly never told to expect/hope to hear about one.

Edited by AKACaz

3 minutes ago, yoh_rrg said:

Since I was the one who posted that I should definitely note that I applied for ETA so don't lose hope yet!! I think they just interviewed us this time around because this is the first year they are accepting ETAs, but I understand the research program has been in the Netherlands for a while so maybe they don't feel the need to interview. Sorry to have caused any unnecessary grieving, but ETAs and research grants are definitely not approached the same way and I'm sure you're both awesome candidates so you wouldn't need an interview!!

Thanks yoh_rrg! You helped to control my compulsive email checking for while, which was a gift. Good to see all of the applicants for Netherlands posting. My glimmer of hope has returned. Best wishes to you all.

Ugh I've been locked out of my account for half an hour because I forgot my password! I've been lurking for the last month. Israel ETA finalist! Congrats to all the other finalists! Alternates, don't lose hope! I know several people from my university who have been bumped up in the past!

5 minutes ago, musicislife73 said:

Ugh I've been locked out of my account for half an hour because I forgot my password! I've been lurking for the last month. Israel ETA finalist! Congrats to all the other finalists! Alternates, don't lose hope! I know several people from my university who have been bumped up in the past!

Congrats!

6 minutes ago, musicislife73 said:

Wow, huge congrats!!!!! 

18 hours ago, Vegan Burrito said:

Another poster indicated they received their regional placement. Does your letter say that too?

I accepted the Gates Cambridge scholarship and withdrew my Fulbright application. Sorry for the confusion!