Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

I am dying to know the decision. My research grant consists of enrolling to a grad school and I am currently strapped for time studying for an admissions test and would like to know whether or not to spend time applying to that graduate school. 

21 hours ago, Vegan Burrito said:

Hey where does it tell you the regional placement in the letter? I'm not seeing that anywhere

I got an email stating my region shortly after my acceptance email! :)

Question - if I'm an alternate, do I have to be afraid that if they send me another email it will be to say "sorry everyone has accepted and we don't have a place for you" or is any news from this point safely assumed to be GOOD news?

(obsessively waiting/hoping)

39 minutes ago, Dash123 said:

Question - if I'm an alternate, do I have to be afraid that if they send me another email it will be to say "sorry everyone has accepted and we don't have a place for you" or is any news from this point safely assumed to be GOOD news?

(obsessively waiting/hoping)

Any news is good news. They simply won't contact you again if there is no more funding. (At least that was the case seven years ago.) 

2 hours ago, theanine said:

Apologies if someone's answered this before, but what does the blue and red text mean on the spreadsheet?

Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 6.38.16 PM.png

Red: already been notified this year. 

Green: notified by this date last year. 

Blue: ought to notify within the next week (based off of last year). 

9 hours ago, chemteachersrule said:

Hey I am an Indonesia ETA semi-finalist. this is my first time posting even though I have been reading through this forum for the last few weeks. 

Based on past years, Indonesia has notified either on Tuesday or Thursday, with the exception of one Friday. I hope we hear today! I am anxiously waiting

I'm hoping this Friday if it has to be a Friday!!!

1 hour ago, chemteachersrule said:

I hope its tomorrow also! If it wasnt today, then tomorrow! Fingers crossed we both are accepted :)

I'm currently in Sri Lanka on a different end of the time zone so I'm hoping I wake up to us having a reason to celebrate soon!!!! 

On 3/14/2017 at 7:00 PM, Mossy.artist said:

Me:

>Opens computer 

>Sees there are 30+ new posts in the forum

>Without even stopping to read what people said, open my email

>See a P..see Congratulations...

>Bring down the foundations of my house from jumping around and screaming at the top of my lungs scaring the crap out of my husband who's in the shower

I'M GOING TO POLAND MOTHER FULBRIGHTERS!!!!!!

>Sidenote: wanted to call mom, dad, and best friends to scream at them through the phone....NO ONE PICKS UP!!! 

WWWHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now I'm going to go back and read everyone's posts. Congrats to everyone who got good news today! :D

Way late to the Poland news because I just got back from camping... but I got Poland too!! Congrats to you! (And to others-- I have to go back and read old posts now too.)

2 minutes ago, AKACaz said:

Just got my email - Alternate for Netherlands Research. Phew. At least it's news.

Good luck to everyone else!!!

1) Congrats on finding out!

2) Congrats on alternate! I know it feels like its own hell, but just remember: if they had more funding, they would have given you a grant! It totally is an honor.