Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

12 hours ago, Sigwarz said:

@inkstainedarm That is interesting!! I hope so too! I also got an email a couple of days ago from my Uni with the first line of it saying "We are delighted to confirm that we have now received either your deposit payment or official confirmation of sponsorship to secure your place on the MSc Conservation and Biodiversity programme." I thought that was interesting how it didnt specify either the deposit payment or the scholarship, especially since I secured my deposit since the deadline in November 2016. I am hoping the timing of this email is because they will notify us soon aka THIS WEEK. 

Did you email the university back? Seems like a lucky way to find out what fate has in store for. Also, if that email was sent in error, you probably don't want to have false hopes (however slim) while awaiting fulbright decisions

12 hours ago, Sigwarz said:

@Dilemma1 I hope we hear results tomorrow. How did your interview go? I am going to start my MSc in Biodiversity and Conservation at the Penryn campus. What are you planning on studying?

My fingers are crossed that we find out today or tomorrow!  I have mixed feelings about how my interview went.  Some of the questions I felt I answered well and then there were others that I don't think I properly explained.  I'm just really grateful I had the opportunity to interview.  I'll be attending the museum studies program!  

8 minutes ago, artlesspredilection said:

Has anyone called to see what the status of East Asia - Pacific is this week? 

What country did you apply for. East Asia doesn't typically hear back until April I'm not sure why you would expect anything this soon unless your country is different?

Edit: nvm I looked at the past spreadsheets. I would honestly just call and ask about your country in particular. China isn't hearing anything back until after April 10th and its East Asia Pacific. Taiwan is in April as well. Its different for everyone.

Edited by hobakie

1 hour ago, Jess2323 said:

It's awful - but lets stay hopeful and say we can all grab a coffee when we meet in Sophia!

Fingers crossed! I feel like now there's no time frame now though. Hopefully we find out soon! I wonder if they will wait until Friday to announce the ETA spots since Bulgaria has favored Fridays the last four years.

15 minutes ago, sandralbertin said:

Ecuador too! Congrats to all the finalists! 

I'm waiting to hear from Peru, and they seem to be doing notifications roughly by region... Fingers crossed they start doing the rest of Latin America soon! :) 

10 minutes ago, jarp729 said:

I'm waiting to hear from Peru, and they seem to be doing notifications roughly by region... Fingers crossed they start doing the rest of Latin America soon! :) 

Anxiously waiting for Latin America too :( I have been scared of being a super positive person when it comes to these type of things because I am so used to rejections from all the scholarships, graduate programs, fellowships, summer internships, etc. I find it very hard to be super optimistic at this point, especially in such a soul crushing and competitive grant. :P Sending good juju vibes to the universe now and hoping we at least get to know our fate this week.  

Welp its 5:30PM.  Another end to the insanity of constantly checking this forum, reddit, and Google doc, only for the insanity to begin again tomorrow.  Except tomorrows my birthday...

You know what would be a REALLY good birthday present Fulbright staff? *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

since Netherlands already released last week, Germany seemed tantalizingly close, but it seems there's been a move away from Western Europe to Latin America today ... all bets are off!

8 minutes ago, maelia8 said:

since Netherlands already released last week, Germany seemed tantalizingly close, but it seems there's been a move away from Western Europe to Latin America today ... all bets are off!

my guess is next week.