Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

1 hour ago, lightaheadi said:

@theanine @Tera @pengpolaruin @gorilla_queen (Or anyone else in East-Asia), what country and what program did you apply to? If it is Research, what is your project? I'm interested to hear!

Semi-finalist for Cambodia to do research! Scored an affiliation with the Wildlife Conservation Society and the Cambodian Ministry of Environment, and we hope to research the impacts of wildfires on biodiversity and livelihood resiliency on the tonle sap (would be working on floating villages and in flooded forests but hoping to base myself out of Siem Reap). For my community engagement project I plan on running an after school program to teach kids English and to engage in different community projects with a local NGO.

My Fulbright project isn't as academic as it is a development project since I hope on conducting research that will drive environmental policy on a national level. I studied abroad in Cambodia in 2014 so I'm hoping that doesn't go against me, but I'll just have to wait and see what comes!

Would be really nice to get an early notification this year...after watching Sub-Saharan Africa get notified a month early I'm hoping SE Asia follows suite!

3 minutes ago, catsbloom said:

NS for Bulgaria. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear.

No, no, no. I'm so sorry, @catsbloom. You've been so kind and generous with your words. I'm so thankful for you.

I was Surprised to see the email this morning. Previous years it went out in mid April.

I applied last year and did not get this far. Perhaps 3rd time will be a charm. Shame... I was really excited about my project studying the Alpine Fault in NZ and connecting it to the San Andreas Fault here in California.

At least I have a good plan B. Starting a new job soon anyway!

13 minutes ago, edon16 said:

No, no, no. I'm so sorry, @catsbloom. You've been so kind and generous with your words. I'm so thankful for you.

Thank you, that is very kind of you to say! Congrats. I hope you have a great year in Bulgaria.

1 hour ago, catsbloom said:

NS for Bulgaria. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear.

Oh no, Naz buddy!!!! :( I was hoping you'd get it! I hope at least one person from Naz gets theirs... Best of luck on the rest of your semester! 

Damn.... I was NS as well. At least I know now and can move on with GEPIK/EPIK application. I will still be seeing you lucky finalists in Korea, I promise! :) 

My coordinator just sent me an email with "Fulbright" in the subject line....................and it was just about an event that my university's holding for the semifinalists. I almost had a heart attack for nothing. :angry: