Genetic Counseling Fall 2017 Applicants

KT123

2 minutes ago, Razzlezazzle said:

When people got on a waitlist did they tell you your spot? 

I was told that I was very high at VCU and that it is likely that I would get a phone call later. I don't know if everyone does that though, but I appreciated them telling me where I was without having to ask!

1 minute ago, Nefelibata said:

I don't know if it's good or bad that I'm following everyone's updates.. I'm getting so stressed out waiting to hear something!

I'm literally the same but I don't think the school I'm waiting to hear from has started sending replies out. 

@Gorays39 congrats! Just got my acceptance there too. On the page that says "congratulations! We would like to offer you a position..." It says how to reply to them. You do it through the portal! 

1 minute ago, WBGC said:

@Gorays39 congrats! Just got my acceptance there too. On the page that says "congratulations! We would like to offer you a position..." It says how to reply to them. You do it through the portal! 

Ah okay, thanks! I'll probably wait to respond but it's good that they make it so easy.

51 minutes ago, Ultrapeaches said:

And out right rejected by Emory! Also an email They *were* my first choice. Ouch.

Same experience last year with Emory.. unfortunately ?. Top of my list... but the feelings weren't mutual. 

3 minutes ago, hey_ella77 said:

Hi all. I have been stalking this forum and freaking out for two weeks straight, since my last interview. :ph34r:

The first offer I received was from my top choice, Northwestern, so I had no hesitations about accepting on the spot.

Congrats!!

Congratulations to everyone on their offers!

So far, I have been wait listed at Toronto and accepted at Manitoba. I am so ecstatic to know I will be joining a GC program next year!

As for how to respond to their offers if you are not ready to reject/accept yet, I said I was very excited to be offered a position but needed a bit more time to make my decision and would let them know as soon as I decide. I definitely want to wait until my husband gets home to make sure we're both on the same page :) 

Got a rejection email from Thomas Jefferson..they were my least favorite of all the places I applied and definitely didn't have a good "vibe" with any of the staff there, so definitely no hard feelings...haha. It is a bit rough that the FIRST thing I hear back is a rejection..oh well.. 3 more to hear back from!