MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

3 hours ago, jenniferkp said:

The GRE at UBC is recommended however not required. They're a little iffy on this one I think on their admission criteria, so if you're undergrad stats course/background proves your quantitative ability from my understanding the GRE is not required.

^^^ this is accurate!

21 hours ago, Hanihee said:

Hey! I just received my UofT acceptance for social and behavioural sciences at about 1pm today. 

Congrats! Has anyone heard from the epidemiology stream?

4 hours ago, jenniferkp said:

The GRE at UBC is recommended however not required. They're a little iffy on this one I think on their admission criteria, so if you're undergrad stats course/background proves your quantitative ability from my understanding the GRE is not required.

As long as you have at least a B+ in their approved statistics courses, you meet the minimum quantitative requirements for UBC. The GRE can be used as an alternative but as of now, it's not required.

7 hours ago, jenniferkp said:

Wish I knew this earlier :lol:. They must have changed it from previous years because last I checked they required either it or a similar test like the MCAT.

On 4/15/2017 at 4:32 PM, Hanihee said:

Hey! I just received my UofT acceptance for social and behavioural sciences at about 1pm today. 

WOW :D Congratulations! <3 I guess they are going to let us know earlier then! I am so happy for you! If you don't mind sharing, would you be willing to tell us a bit about your background, GPA, etc?

1 hour ago, pdf58 said:

WOW :D Congratulations! <3 I guess they are going to let us know earlier then! I am so happy for you! If you don't mind sharing, would you be willing to tell us a bit about your background, GPA, etc?

Thank you!! Has anyone else heard back? I'm graduating with a BSc in health studies and have a 3.85 GPA. I have a lot of work experience from co-op and I worked in a public health unit for 8 months as well! I had an A in my statistics course. 

Edited by Hanihee

Im so glad I found this forum!! Such a relief!

I have applied for U of A (Global Health specialization) and U of T for social and behavioral health.

Have already got rejected from UBC and McMaster :( . Pretty nervous for the two now...

Has anyone received any acceptance from U of A till now? From what I see, I only see rejections coming out :( 

Congratulations to those who have secured in their desired University and All the best for the ones like me, biting nails till they're ripped off!!!

Edited by deva_indian

Hi Everyone, 

I am interested in doing MPH from canada. But before that it will be helpful if some one can throw some light on things like, which are the good schools out there, and what are the future job prospects after doing MPH(as i will be shifting there with my family)

thanx

Hello!

Anyone in here who got into McMaster? I got in and I am trying to figure out what kinda practicums they offer. Any insight is appreciated! I am debating on Guelph and McMaster. 

Thank you in advance!

4 minutes ago, pha said:

Congrats! Did they tell you when you emailed them?

Yup!! I don't know why they didn't email me letting me know though ?? maybe it went into my junk mail? 

Did you email them yet? 

Edited by friesandwater

2 minutes ago, friesandwater said:

Yup!! I don't know why they didn't email me letting me know though ?? maybe it went into my junk mail? 

Haha yeah that's weird. I hope they'll tell me the same when I get a reply!

Anyone here doing Western? 

Any alumni from this program that would like to make a comment about it.... 

Suggestions for accommodations? Part of the city to live?

Edited by kobr

Anybody got wait listed by Waterloo? Mine still says "no decision yet". 

Any news from u of Saskatchewan? Does anybody know when will they start sending acceptance? 

What are the chances of getting off the waitlist? I have gotten into Queen's but don't want to commit to a lease or anything until I hear if I got off the waitlist at McMaster or Memorial. Any insight? 

On a similar note, anyone who accepted an offer from queen's have you heard anything since the webinar? 

On 4/16/2017 at 8:41 PM, Hanihee said:

Thank you!! Has anyone else heard back? I'm graduating with a BSc in health studies and have a 3.85 GPA. I have a lot of work experience from co-op and I worked in a public health unit for 8 months as well! I had an A in my statistics course. 

Congratulations! I was wondering if 3.85 was your overall GPA or last year?