MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

4 hours ago, MPH? said:

What are the chances of getting off the waitlist? I have gotten into Queen's but don't want to commit to a lease or anything until I hear if I got off the waitlist at McMaster or Memorial. Any insight? 

On a similar note, anyone who accepted an offer from queen's have you heard anything since the webinar? 

just wondering how you know you are on a waitlist for Memorial? are they sending out responses via snail mail as they have in previous years? My application says decision made, and I am anxiously awaiting news on what they decision has been! Thanks :)

On 2017-04-16 at 3:39 PM, joelcollard6 said:

Wish I knew this earlier :lol:. They must have changed it from previous years because last I checked they required either it or a similar test like the MCAT.

Awe man, I may be misunderstanding as well! I think it's required if you're international! I might be the one running into issues upon application though.  Looks like you were successful in your applications though! All the best :) 

1 hour ago, Magicksmith said:

Admitted into Lakehead!  Will be accepting as soon as the official letter is sent out!

Congrats! Which stream did you apply to? And did it change under myinfo?

Just now, abanane said:

Congrats! Which stream did you apply to? And did it change under myinfo?

My status was updated in the MyInfo under the My Application Status section, and they said an email would follow.  I applied to the general stream, course based.

Thank you for your well wishes!

3 minutes ago, Magicksmith said:

My status was updated in the MyInfo under the My Application Status section, and they said an email would follow.  I applied to the general stream, course based.

Thank you for your well wishes!

Was admitted to the epi stream.  MyInfo was updated yesterday to "admitted" and received the official offer via Lakehead email this morning.  Hope that helps :)

1 hour ago, mph_hopeful!! said:

just wondering how you know you are on a waitlist for Memorial? are they sending out responses via snail mail as they have in previous years? My application says decision made, and I am anxiously awaiting news on what they decision has been! Thanks :)

They e-mailed me the end of last week. Goodluck! 

1 hour ago, NorthernGalMPHHopeful said:

Has anyone heard anything fro UofA MPH yet??? any recent movement on Bear Tracks? any admission letters emailed? 

It seems like (according to the people who have posted on this forum) that U of A has only recently moved forward with MSc degrees and no word on any MPH degrees, unfortunately! I am waiting too. 

Following this thread for long time and posting for the first time-

Admitted to Lakehead MPH - general stream and UManitoba MSc in Community Health Science (with funding for the first year)
No news yet from USask, UAlberta (Health Promotion, Health Policy).
No decision yet for Waterloo (would be a rejection at the end, I guess)
Rejection from Memorial (status changed to decision made and I emailed to know the decision)

I am an IMG and have plans to sit for 2 medical licencing exams this year (QE 1 and NACOSCE). Since Lakehead MPH is completely online, I don't have to move and can prepare for my licencing exams at the same time while staying at home. For the same reason I applied to Waterloo, USask and UAlberta (health promotion) - all are online programs. Now I am a bit confused, since I received a funding for UManitoba MSc in CHS, which is a research based program. I am wondering what would be the better option (considering the course loads) while I prepare for the MCC exams? Any suggestions?

Congrats to all who got admitted. Best wishes for those who are still waiting. 

Hi guys! For those who were accepted to UVic, did they give you a deadline to accept/decline your offer? I'm still waiting to hear from them, so getting a little anxious! 

Hello everyone! I got accepted into Lakehead's Masters of Public Health, General Course Based Stream and I am wondering if anyone knows how the course will actually work? Apparently, there's no requirement to be on campus, which I knew before, so I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with how online master programs work. How do exams work? Is everyone planning to stay home, or is anyone planning to move to Thunder Bay? Thanks everyone :)

Edited by MPH2017PC

2 hours ago, mphbc17 said:

Hi guys! For those who were accepted to UVic, did they give you a deadline to accept/decline your offer? I'm still waiting to hear from them, so getting a little anxious! 

@mphbc17 the last day to accept or decline the offer is April 24th. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Creme_Brulee said:

U of T is driving me crazy. Hurry up, please lol!

Anyone hear back from them yet?

I'm part of a Facebook group for SFU masters students and I saw two people on there have been accepted to U of T and are trying to decide between the two. (But I haven't heard anything myself, so I'm feeling less optimistic now hehe)

25 minutes ago, pugsareneat said:

I'm part of a Facebook group for SFU masters students and I saw two people on there have been accepted to U of T and are trying to decide between the two. (But I haven't heard anything myself, so I'm feeling less optimistic now hehe)

Do you know which stream specifically? This is sorta discouraging news... :(

11 hours ago, NorthernGalMPHHopeful said:

Has anyone heard anything fro UofA MPH yet??? any recent movement on Bear Tracks? any admission letters emailed? 

Anxiously waiting... My bear track is saying "under review" since months now.

From what i see, many rejections have been sent out but haven't seen any acceptances yet... Very nervous!