MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

19 minutes ago, pie333 said:

U of A has posted results!

Just got accepted into the MPH, Epi :)

@pie333 UofA posted results where? Did you get your result on your portal? 

Congratulations for your admission. 

Edited by Tahnin

On 19/04/2017 at 9:47 PM, NinjaNurse said:

Hi! I'm joining a bit late so much of this may have been answered. 

I've been accepted into Waterloo and lakehead (nursing stream) so far and Still waiting to hear from sask and uvic (nursing focus). I'm doing distance as I work full time. 

I'd love some insight into the pros and cons of each school. Any experiences you guys may have... etc

I haven't heard much about lakehead is it a good program?

Thank you so much! I hope you all get into your dream school!!!

I'm also unsure about lakehead and would love some feedback especially on the nursing stream. I'm trying to decide between lakehead and Waterloo

@peejthedeej the only people I'm seeing that have heard back from U of A MPH has been from Epi (or has been a rejection). With that being said i think it would be naive to think ONLY epi's have been offered admissions, but honestly who knows.

I got an email yesterday from them replying to a transcript action dying that if we haven't been accepted or rejected yet, that we will find out any day between now and the end of April...

Edited by NorthernGalMPHHopeful

6 hours ago, NorthernGalMPHHopeful said:

@peejthedeej the only people I'm seeing that have heard back from U of A MPH has been from Epi (or has been a rejection). With that being said i think it would be naive to think ONLY epi's have been offered admissions, but honestly who knows.

I got an email yesterday from them replying to a transcript action dying that if we haven't been accepted or rejected yet, that we will find out any day between now and the end of April...

Ahh fair enough. Thank you! 

On 4/21/2017 at 0:04 AM, pdf58 said:

Hey guys -- I contacted a U of T MPH (Health Promo/Social-Behavioural) program director and she said they have sent out the first round of offers, but that the second and final round will be sent in the first week of May. So don't give up hope! <3

this gives me hope, thanks for letting us know!!!

Just checked in with UoA as well (so strange.. didn't get an email that results had been posted - did anyone else receive an email?)

Was fortunate enough to receive an offer to the MPH Epi program. Will be rejecting in favour for another offer. Best of luck to everyone still waiting! 

Edited by wiffle

I just got rejected from the U of A as well. A little bit surprised as I had pretty great references, a 3.95 GPA (overall, and 4.0 in my last two years). I have a Bachelor of Social Work degree so I wonder how my background impacted my application. I've worked in a mental health promotion role in Alberta for about two years as well. 

I guess there's always next year!

38 minutes ago, mphalberta said:

I just got rejected from the U of A as well. A little bit surprised as I had pretty great references, a 3.95 GPA (overall, and 4.0 in my last two years). I have a Bachelor of Social Work degree so I wonder how my background impacted my application. I've worked in a mental health promotion role in Alberta for about two years as well. 

I guess there's always next year!

Wow, I am surprised you were rejected with those stats! You seem like an ideal candidate.... I'd contact and ask how you could improve your application for next year because that seems pretty great already!

Rejected from UofA MPH as well. 

1 hour ago, lattes said:

Rejected from U of A as well. Still waiting on U of T, U of S and if my position on SFU's waitlist moves. 

@lattes I'm in the exact same boat as you. UofT and UofSask are my last hope as well as I don't know if my position from SFU waitlist will ever move. 

By the way, which MPH specialty did you apply for in SFU @lattes?

2 hours ago, Tahnin said:

Rejected from UofA MPH as well. 

@lattes I'm in the exact same boat as you. UofT and UofSask are my last hope as well as I don't know if my position from SFU waitlist will ever move. 

By the way, which MPH specialty did you apply for in SFU @lattes?

Oh wow, we totally feel each other's pain! U of A was my top choice so I feel pretty sad about being rejected. 

I applied to the Social Inequities and Health stream for SFU. I'm in position #3 on the waitlist which scares me a little because it could really go either way. 

3 hours ago, lattes said:

Oh wow, we totally feel each other's pain! U of A was my top choice so I feel pretty sad about being rejected. 

I applied to the Social Inequities and Health stream for SFU. I'm in position #3 on the waitlist which scares me a little because it could really go either way. 

@lattes hey, how do you know what number you are on the waiting list at SFU?