MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

On 5/18/2017 at 11:24 AM, HelloCole said:

Any updates from Western MPH? Is it safe to assume I've been rejected?

Apparently Western have already offered admission to people and have till June 1st to make their tuition deposit, so they will not have any updates until after that date. I wasn't offered admission (yet, hopefully). 

On 2017-05-17 at 11:36 PM, Creme_Brulee said:

You and I are in the same position. I don't get how U of T is dealing with applicants, tbh. Why have some of us been completely left in the dark? Doesn't make sense.

Same! Still didn't hear anything from them.. no rejection, acceptance or waitlist. And my status still says 'under review'.

1 hour ago, mph2017 said:

Same! Still didn't hear anything from them.. no rejection, acceptance or waitlist. And my status still says 'under review'.

Mine is "under review" as well. I think there are a handful of us on this forum that are in this position. Not sure what's going on but it's definitely a little stressful to keep waiting. Have you tried calling or emailing them?

Hey everyone, posting a little late in the application cycle, but is anyone else on the waitlist at Queens? I was told I'm top 20 on the waitlist.. kinda freaking out 

2 hours ago, AAK said:

Hey everyone, posting a little late in the application cycle, but is anyone else on the waitlist at Queens? I was told I'm top 20 on the waitlist.. kinda freaking out 

Hey did they email you or something? I asked about my ranking and they wouldn't tell me :/

18 hours ago, mariont19 said:

Hey did they email you or something? I asked about my ranking and they wouldn't tell me :/

I got an email in april saying I was waitlisted and they told me the list wasn't ranked. Then I emailed them in early May and they said I'm in the top 20, but the list still isn't ranked. 

I know this may be off the topic a little bit but i was curious about online programs. At the end of the program does the degree awarded state that it was an online program? For example, LSHTM has both campus and online options so if i decide to do the online version, will it be stated on my degree that it was taken online or we will all get a degree just stating that we completed the program at LSHTM? thanks.

2 hours ago, MPHstar2016 said:

Has anyone not heard from Queen's at all? Did you guys have to email them to find out you were on the waitlist? 

Hey! They emailed me, that I was on the waitlist in april 

3 hours ago, Zokam said:

Hello!!!

Anyone heard from U of S?? My application status still says 'complete and under review' since Nov 2016.

I got an email with an offer just last week. 

On 2017-5-19 at 1:17 PM, Teochew said:

Apparently Western have already offered admission to people and have till June 1st to make their tuition deposit, so they will not have any updates until after that date. I wasn't offered admission (yet, hopefully). 

I'm just making a note of your username. 

Ga gi nang! ?

Accepted to U of S today! (May 24, 2017). I was getting nervous as some of you already got offers but my portal status stated "complete and ready for review" until today. I was thinking I was put on the waitlist until something opened up. I am very excited!

On 5/23/2017 at 6:00 PM, Zokam said:

Hello!!!

Anyone heard from U of S?? My application status still says 'complete and under review' since Nov 2016.

mine too says complete and ready for review

3 hours ago, nads6 said:

Was offered admission to McMaster Global Health May 9th and to Waterloo MPH Tuesday @ 11 am (will be declining this one for sure!).

CONGRATULATIONS!! The global health one is so competitive! I spoke with the admissions office last week and they said that they had over 500 applicants for only 70 spots! Do you have any advice for future applicants? I want to apply again next year

1 hour ago, AAK said:

CONGRATULATIONS!! The global health one is so competitive! I spoke with the admissions office last week and they said that they had over 500 applicants for only 70 spots! Do you have any advice for future applicants? I want to apply again next year

4 hours ago, nads6 said:

Was offered admission to McMaster Global Health May 9th and to Waterloo MPH Tuesday @ 11 am (will be declining this one for sure!).

Congrats! I was also accepted to McMaster's Global Health on Tuesday with a Graduate Scholarship. Are you really familiar with the program? I just have a few questions I was hoping to get some clarity on to ensure the program is right for me.

I want focus more on the implementation of health initiatives and policy analysis, but just from what I have heard from people about the Global Health program, I think it focuses a lot more on the communication, building relationships and an overall culture based approach to everything. The thing that made me worried the most was people said there wasn't a lot of actual science involved, and it was more development and globalization focused. Have you heard the same things? Or know of the career opportunities afterwards?

Any insight you have would be helpful! Thank you! 

For those of you who got rejected or still waiting for results, U of Guelph is still accepting applications for their graduate programs! Two programs are very relevant to public health so if you are interested, go check them out: 

Human Health and Nutritional Sciences MSc, PhD

Population Medicine MSc, PhD

https://www.uoguelph.ca/graduatestudies/news/programs-accepting-applications-september-2017

I have no association with UofGuelph. I just wanted to share this with you cause it just showed up on my facebook LOL

8 hours ago, Mph17 said:

What's the deadline to apply for LSHTM? 

I believe 31st august but 31st may is the deadline to apply without having to pay an application fee.

20 hours ago, ak2017 said:

Congrats! I was also accepted to McMaster's Global Health on Tuesday with a Graduate Scholarship. Are you really familiar with the program? I just have a few questions I was hoping to get some clarity on to ensure the program is right for me.

I want focus more on the implementation of health initiatives and policy analysis, but just from what I have heard from people about the Global Health program, I think it focuses a lot more on the communication, building relationships and an overall culture based approach to everything. The thing that made me worried the most was people said there wasn't a lot of actual science involved, and it was more development and globalization focused. Have you heard the same things? Or know of the career opportunities afterwards?

Any insight you have would be helpful! Thank you! 

I'd be interested in the answer as well re Global Health. I just got an offer from UofA Global Health stream off the waitlist, but I've already accepted UVic. Now I've got some decisions to make and research the program at UofA a bit more.