MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

On 2017-05-27 at 1:25 PM, mph2017 said:

Just rejected my uAlberta offer last night (I accepted it a few weeks ago, but got an offer elsewhere recently), so someone on the wait list should get a spot!! :) 

Did you hear from U of T?!

18 minutes ago, Creme_Brulee said:

I haven't either. :/ It's so odd. Have we been waitlisted? Is that why we don't know anything? 

I got accepted to health promo like 3 weeks ago but still haven't received the official letter (after that I think we'll have 2 weeks to accept or decline). Maybe they're waiting to update you guys until they have some people decline their spots? It seems like u of t does everything very slowly...

31 minutes ago, Creme_Brulee said:

I haven't either. :/ It's so odd. Have we been waitlisted? Is that why we don't know anything? 

I got told I was on the waitlist on May 1st but haven't heard from them since. Not sure what's happening 

5 hours ago, pugsareneat said:

I got accepted to health promo like 3 weeks ago but still haven't received the official letter (after that I think we'll have 2 weeks to accept or decline). Maybe they're waiting to update you guys until they have some people decline their spots? It seems like u of t does everything very slowly...

That seems likely. I just wish we had some sort of communication from them. Epi was the last stream to send out offers and rejections, so I guess that doesn't help.

5 hours ago, Mph17 said:

I got told I was on the waitlist on May 1st but haven't heard from them since. Not sure what's happening 

Which stream did you apply for?

Anyone heard from U of S? Recent updates? Status still says 'complete and ready for review' are we on the wait list or some applications are yet to be reviewed? I don't knw what to think anymore..... 

Anybody else who accepted their Epi UoT offer, should it eventually change from decision made to accepted? Mine still says decision made so just wondering! 

7 minutes ago, 12njt2 said:

Anybody else who accepted their Epi UoT offer, should it eventually change from decision made to accepted? Mine still says decision made so just wondering! 

From what I understand with U of T's SGS site, decision made is the overarching status, with specifics sent to students. I was accepted to the MPP in March and mine still says "decision made." That being said, I don't think it changes to accepted or rejected though it may be different for the MPH program.

Can anyone of you help me with this? I got an email today from Western that they haven't found a fit for me in the epidemiology stream but will be sharing my application with the other departments to see I'd I have a fit. Anyone know what does this mean? I think it means that there's no chance for me in epi. 

On 5/29/2017 at 4:09 PM, AAK said:

Anyone here on the waitlist at Queens? 

I emailed them a few days ago and they let me know my position on the waiting list (number 3) and that they will let me know if any space opens up.

8 hours ago, Shd90 said:

Can anyone of you help me with this? I got an email today from Western that they haven't found a fit for me in the epidemiology stream but will be sharing my application with the other departments to see I'd I have a fit. Anyone know what does this mean? I think it means that there's no chance for me in epi. 

I haven't got that email, but that's interesting to know. Hopefully you will get accepted in another departments!

On 2016-10-22 at 7:44 PM, Markk122 said:

Hey everyone, I am a current student at Guelph U in the MPH program, so if anyone has questions on admissions, admission statistics, or anything else I would be happy to try (emphasis on try haha) and help answer any questions. 

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the offer! I accepted Guelph a little while back, but haven't heard from them yet about next steps.  When did you hear?

Thanks!

Amber 

Has anybody on the waitlist heard back from McMaster??? I was waitlisted mid-March and haven't heard anything since! I've tried to contact the school about my position on the waitlist/number of people on the waitlist etc but they've been giving me the same "we can't say anything" spiel. It's getting super annoying now...anybody else on the same boat? 

Edited by mph_2017

5 hours ago, mph_2017 said:

Has anybody on the waitlist heard back from McMaster??? I was waitlisted mid-March and haven't heard anything since! I've tried to contact the school about my position on the waitlist/number of people on the waitlist etc but they've been giving me the same "we can't say anything" spiel. It's getting super annoying now...anybody else on the same boat? 

I've been on the wait list since March too.

Called Western for MPH and was informed that they will be sending second round of offers based on number of people who submitted deposits for June 1st deadline from first round offers. Currently, they are figuring out the process of selection, and will be in contact next couple of weeks for second round offers. After the receptionist took my name, she deflatedly told me "the program manager will be in contact with you via e-mail in the next couple of weeks". I inquired further but she said she couldn't tell me but by her tone I am 100% sure did not get in and will be getting a rejection. If other people call Western and ask about the process, perhaps we can compare what they tell us? 

Awks nvm. Western PM just called me stating I was accepted. They will be calling others today as well. Keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for all the updates during this process. 

I got an email from Queens saying that I'm #14 on the waitlist. Anyone here ever been that far down on a waitlist and gotten in? I know theres no concrete answer, but anyone have any experience with this sort of situation? Should I get my hopes up? 

thanks! 

17 hours ago, NinjaNurse said:

Anyone going to lakehead heard any next steps yet

I sent them a deposit several weeks back, and since then nothing has changed on my portal.  What I can tell you has changed in that time though is that the 2016 Fall/Winter course calendar has been taken off their website, so they must be composing the one for this year.  I imagine once it is done we'll be alerted so that we can begin enrollment.