MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

On 6/2/2017 at 10:40 AM, HelloCole said:

Awks nvm. Western PM just called me stating I was accepted. They will be calling others today as well. Keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for all the updates during this process. 

Haha congrats man! I'm hoping they give me a call soon too then. Maybe I'll give them a call Monday if I don't hear anything back.

On 6/2/2017 at 2:39 AM, mph_2017 said:

Has anybody on the waitlist heard back from McMaster??? I was waitlisted mid-March and haven't heard anything since! I've tried to contact the school about my position on the waitlist/number of people on the waitlist etc but they've been giving me the same "we can't say anything" spiel. It's getting super annoying now...anybody else on the same boat? 

Hey, 

Yes, I was accepted from wait list at McMaster on April 13. I am not sure if they have accepted anyone else. 

On 5/19/2017 at 7:16 PM, mariont19 said:

Has anyone recently been accepted off the waitlist to Queen's or McMaster? Just want to get a sense of whether I should hold out any hope or not lol

Hey,

Not recently, but I was accepted to McMaster from wait list on April 13th

Hey everyone!  

I got accepted to Queens for the 16 month MPH program and am currently looking for roommates for a beautiful apartment complex that I found, not to far from Queens main campus. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message and we could discuss further details! 

Cheers! 

30 minutes ago, haylz said:

Received a letter from U of T this morning informing me I'm on the wait list. 

A letter or an email? Were you told you were on the wait list before or is this the first you're hearing of it? 

21 minutes ago, Mph17 said:

A letter or an email? Were you told you were on the wait list before or is this the first you're hearing of it? 

It was an email for Epidemiology and this is the first I've heard of it. My application still says under review. They just requested I reply to the email saying whether or not I wanted my spot held (yes obviously)! 

Just gave Western a call this morning, said they'll give an update this week.

Turns out, they were pretty quick and gave me an update 4 hours later. I got rejected, but wish success on everyone else! Time to reapply next year.

On 2017-06-02 at 9:56 PM, Creme_Brulee said:

Those of you who accepted Queen's offer, when is the deposit due? I haven't received an email about it, so it seems a little concerning.

I never heard anything about a deposit

3 hours ago, brooke16 said:

I never heard anything about a deposit

Ok, good to know. Thanks! I was worried since other programs seem to ask for a deposit earlier on.

And glad to hear U of T sent out a waitlist offer. Fingers crossed the rest of us hear back from them this week.

Hopefully others hear from UofT Epi soon! 

I was was told I had to respond by Wednesday with whether or not I wanted to stay on the waitlist, so I wonder if they're sending them out in waves? 

17 hours ago, Teochew said:

Just gave Western a call this morning, said they'll give an update this week.

Turns out, they were pretty quick and gave me an update 4 hours later. I got rejected, but wish success on everyone else! Time to reapply next year.

When I called they said they are sending out second round offers and will update me not this week but within the next two weeks? Seems like a rejection to me

1 hour ago, Mph17 said:

Has anyone who was offered Waitlist admission from UT Health Promo on May 1st, heard anything back yet? Or have you contacted the department since? 

When I contacted admissions today to inquire about waitlist positioning, she told me everyone would have an offer or rejection letter by June 30th 

23 hours ago, mph2k17 said:

When I called they said they are sending out second round offers and will update me not this week but within the next two weeks? Seems like a rejection to me

Well I got the update through email haha. I feel like a longer timeline for an update = a better chance

On 6/6/2017 at 1:27 PM, Mph17 said:

Has anyone who was offered Waitlist admission from UT Health Promo on May 1st, heard anything back yet? Or have you contacted the department since? 

Hey ! I was actually on the waitlist as of May 1st for promo, and I got my official offer last week! So keep holding out hope everyone! 

30 minutes ago, mphfever said:

Hey ! I was actually on the waitlist as of May 1st for promo, and I got my official offer last week! So keep holding out hope everyone! 

Omg congrats!! :) do you know how far you were down the wait list? 

2 hours ago, AAK said:

Anyone on the Queens waitlist heard anything back yet? 

Hey, I was number 3 on the wait list last week and I got an email this morning indicating that I was accepted.

So good luck to everyone waiting! There's still hope!

3 hours ago, Mph17 said:

Omg congrats!! :) do you know how far you were down the wait list? 

Thank you :) UofT did not state what number I was on their waitlist, unfortunately. Sorry for not having any more information to give you guys to use as a reference point of how much longer it will take. Although the wait is SOOOOO stressful, keep holding on to hope there is still a month until UofT makes their final decisions! 

2 hours ago, Safetypins49 said:

Hey, I was number 3 on the wait list last week and I got an email this morning indicating that I was accepted.

So good luck to everyone waiting! There's still hope!

Congrats!! I'm number 14, so I guess we'll see! 

2 hours ago, mphfever said:

Thank you :) UofT did not state what number I was on their waitlist, unfortunately. Sorry for not having any more information to give you guys to use as a reference point of how much longer it will take. Although the wait is SOOOOO stressful, keep holding on to hope there is still a month until UofT makes their final decisions! 

No worries, thanks for the feedback, and congratulations once again! :)

15 hours ago, Teochew said:

Well I got the update through email haha. I feel like a longer timeline for an update = a better chance

Hey, I'm sorry it didn't work out but there's always next year.

I've been rejected from everywhere except Western - on the waitlist. When I called, they said they haven't reviewed my app yet. I'm pretty nervous.

As someone who's already heard from them, would you mind sharing your stats?