MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

57 minutes ago, rapini said:

Thank you! I called and emailed them in pure panic. Good to know someone got through! 

No problem! I was in a panic also...so I wanted to get the word out.

2 hours ago, mloneill said:

So for anyone who got an offer from DLSPH and then received a rejection this morning it IS A MISTAKE. Take a deep breath. I spoke with Susan Bondy and they accidentally sent rejection emails to everyone...

THANK YOU!!!

I just took a late lunch at work, saw the email and FREAKED OUT. Also it's been two hours not sure why it's not a priority for them to send out corrections.

On 6/29/2017 at 0:13 PM, monstera said:

THANK YOU!!!

I just took a late lunch at work, saw the email and FREAKED OUT. Also it's been two hours not sure why it's not a priority for them to send out corrections.

No problem! Just wanted to get the word out so people didn't have a heart attack like I did haha..

41 minutes ago, mloneill said:

No problem! Just wanted to get the word out so people didn't have a heart attack like I did haha..

Have either of you heard from Fromm department since? 

5 hours ago, Mph17 said:

Just realized today they sent the correction to our U of T emails, not to our personal ones where they sent the erroneous rejections.

Hello All,

I am an international applicant from India with a bachelor's degree and 2 years of research experience.

I will be applying for 2018 MPH programs in Canada.

It will be really helpful if some one can help me knowing about the the admission requirement (which most of the universities require) :at least one undergraduate statistics course .

We didn't had any such course at UG level.

From where to get this?

Than you

On 7/5/2017 at 1:14 PM, Mph17 said:

Yes I got a correction/apology email sent to my personal email about 2-3 hours after

For anyone who was accepted into UofT Epi, have you heard anything regarding an information session, tuition payment, program schedule, ROSI/ACORN, getting a uoft student card etc? Other people I know in other streams have gotten a student card. I'm getting a little anxious that I didn't receive an email.

On 7/5/2017 at 3:32 PM, mloneill said:

Have you heard anything regarding an information session for UofT MPH (I'm in Epi), tuition payment, program schedule, ROSI/ACORN, getting a uoft student card etc? Other people I know in other streams have gotten a student card. I'm getting a little anxious that I didn't receive an email about anything.

9 hours ago, MPH_hope said:

Have you heard anything regarding an information session for UofT MPH (I'm in Epi), tuition payment, program schedule, ROSI/ACORN, getting a uoft student card etc? Other people I know in other streams have gotten a student card. I'm getting a little anxious that I didn't receive an email about anything.

I haven't heard anything from them either, but if you're in Toronto you can just go to the Tcard office and get your student ID. Make sure you have all the necessary documents, I saw someone get turned away. http://tcard.utoronto.ca/getting-your-new-tcard-2/

On 06/07/2017 at 7:08 AM, dentistdoc said:

Hello All,

I am an international applicant from India with a bachelor's degree and 2 years of research experience.

I will be applying for 2018 MPH programs in Canada.

It will be really helpful if some one can help me knowing about the the admission requirement (which most of the universities require) :at least one undergraduate statistics course .

We didn't had any such course at UG level.

From where to get this?

Than you

I'm sure your university has a  course.  Each school has a list of requirements you can check to see if thay statistics course is sufficient.    Look around and take a statistics course this year!

Hey guys I didn't get any new emails from UofT but I noticed DLSPH has the 2017 fall and 2018 winter timetables up! We can start planning our schedule :')

Is there a FB group for UofT MPH? I can't find any. Also did everyone else set up their email, get their card, etc? I haven't received an email about anything and I'm on vacation out of the country so I'm starting to stress a little. 

9 hours ago, MP15 said:

Is there a FB group for UofT MPH? I can't find any. Also did everyone else set up their email, get their card, etc? I haven't received an email about anything and I'm on vacation out of the country so I'm starting to stress a little. 

Hi!

Theres a faceboook group the student's association has set up: 

DLSPH Students Entering Fall 2017

I haven't received additional info but I think setting everything up (ACORN, Email etc) relies on getting your card. I have not gotten mine yet but intend to before the end of next week. The calendar for the year is posted and can be found here. It has lots of helpful dates -- Registration opens August 9th! 

Looking forward to meeting you in the fall! 

2 hours ago, rapini said:

Hi!

I haven't received additional info but I think setting everything up (ACORN, Email etc) relies on getting your card. I have not gotten mine yet but intend to before the end of next week. The calendar for the year is posted and can be found here. It has lots of helpful dates -- Registration opens August 9th! 

For those of you who don't live in Toronto, how and when are you getting your card? 

Hi !

I have been trying to look for online courses that would fulfil the calculus and statistics requirements of the schools but with no success. Can anyone please help me by suggesting any, if available ?

The universities recommend courses which they teach but unfortunately I cannot attend them since I'm an international applicant. If anyone has any idea what i can do to earn those course requirement, please help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For those of you attending uWaterloo this fall, we should be receiving an email about registration and accommodation tomorrow from the Program Admin.

I was emailed today (personal acct) asking about missing transcripts (which they had received 4 months ago) so I'm currently sorting that out with her. You have until Tomorrow morning, July 13th, to reply to her email if you received one about missing conditions so make sure to check your emails!

Edited by neonlily

On 7/10/2017 at 6:27 PM, mphfever said:

For everyone accepted into UofT, how did you activate your emails? Did you already get your Tcards and then activated your UTMail?

On 7/12/2017 at 0:19 AM, MP15 said:

20 hours ago, Mph17 said:

For those of you who don't live in Toronto, how and when are you getting your card? 

Looks like you can't activate your U of T email until you get your UTORid, which you get when you go in person and get a Tcard. But if you're out of town, you can use your JOINid (from your application) and student number (on your offer letter) to access ACORN so you can pay tuition and register for classes among other things. Check "Using your JOINid" at: http://www.dlsph.utoronto.ca/students/current-students/information-for-incoming-students/ 

23 hours ago, rapini said:

Hi!

When you first paid the application fee way back when, you should have received an automatic email and it would have came with what's called a JOIN ID. This is basically your temporary log in ID, and you can log into ACORN this way (at least, it was like this for me last year, I'm sure it hasn't changed). Once you get your T card, then you can create an official ACORN ID and the account will roll over the temporary one. But at least this way, you can still log in and enroll in classes and such before getting your T card. Most students don't end up getting their card until September when school officially starts, but it's always nice getting it beforehand to avoid the long lineups. 

Hope that helps! 

Edited by And1

13 hours ago, monstera said:

Looks like you can't activate your U of T email until you get your UTORid, which you get when you go in person and get a Tcard. But if you're out of town, you can use your JOINid (from your application) and student number (on your offer letter) to access ACORN so you can pay tuition and register for classes among other things. Check "Using your JOINid" at: http://www.dlsph.utoronto.ca/students/current-students/information-for-incoming-students/ 

Thank you so much! This and the post you followed with after this, super helpful :)