MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

On 2017-07-11 at 9:03 PM, toronto12345678910 said:

McMaster students- did you receive a class schedule in one of the emails from the school? One email said it was attached but I can't find it! Any help would be appreciated!

Hey, yes. I did receive the schedule via email. Please PM me, so I can send it to you. 

Edited by MPH Canada

On 7/14/2017 at 2:16 PM, MPH Canada said:

Hey, yes. I did receive the schedule via email. Please PM me, so I can send it to you. 

Hey! Could you send it to me as well? It wasn't attached in my email either! 

On 7/9/2017 at 0:28 AM, Airaena said:

I'm sure your university has a  course.  Each school has a list of requirements you can check to see if thay statistics course is sufficient.    Look around and take a statistics course this year!

Thank you 

Just an FYI for anyone waiting to hear back from SFU waitlist - just got an email saying that a lot of their accepted students have been taking their offers so no waitlisted students will be given an acceptance this time around. 

Also - any Facebook group being made for USask MPH students starting this Fall? Would love to connect with some of my fellow classmates! 

On 7/28/2017 at 7:59 PM, lattes said:

Just an FYI for anyone waiting to hear back from SFU waitlist - just got an email saying that a lot of their accepted students have been taking their offers so no waitlisted students will be given an acceptance this time around. 

Also - any Facebook group being made for USask MPH students starting this Fall? Would love to connect with some of my fellow classmates! 

I haven't seen any Facebook groups for USask yet!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2017 at 4:30 PM, Mph17 said:

Do you guys know if people on the wait list get official rejections? Has everyone on UT wait list heard back yet? 

UT doesn't have a waitlist. They thought they'd keep one, but didn't since most students accepted their offers.

I got an email after reaching out.

On 17/08/2017 at 4:55 AM, purpleace said:

UT doesn't have a waitlist. They thought they'd keep one, but didn't since most students accepted their offers.

I got an email after reaching out.

They definitely do, I got a waitlist offer on May 1st, and so did a lot of people on this thread. I got a rejection letter on Monday because they had finalized the class, but this was after some people from the May waitlist had been offered admission. So they definitely have a waitlist, some of us just weren't lucky enough to get off of it this year. 

• 3 months later...
On 20/06/2017 at 5:21 PM, deva_indian said:

Hello!

So I have been accepted at U of T for the MPH in Health Promotion program. i received their email on May 2nd and got the official letter by May 25th, which had a fault in the end dates of the program (they said it would get over by DEC 2018). I raised a query and then got another letter in which the term period for the whole program was mentioned 2 years but the date of birth was absolutely wrong! So I again raised a query and then I finally received the final and correct letter with everything correctly printed in the first week of June. Hope none of you have to face this!

Also any news about Fees?

Hello friend,

I am from India as well.Could you please share your profile and experience? I would really appreciate that. I m looking forward to applying for MPH programs very soon.Is it easier for international students to get in? I would appreciate if you respond.Thnkxxx.Good luck!!!

• 2 months later...
On 20/04/2017 at 5:04 AM, Kurisu said:

I got accepted into University of Alberta yesterday in the epidemiology stream.  I didn't get an email, but a letter was uploaded onto the application portal.  Hopefully everyone else hears back soon!

@Kurisu Hello !! I would really appreciate if you could share your profile.I am an international student looking forward to applying for MPH programs across Canada.U of A would be my first choice.Thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there - I was wondering if anyone could speak to the MPH program at SFU? In specific, if anyone has been in the Social Inequities and Health stream and can kind of state the pros (and cons if any) of this stream - I would be extremely grateful! Thank-you in advance :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-05-19 at 11:14 AM, monstera said:

Anyone else who received an unofficial offer to U of T epi on April 28 not receive an official offer yet? Starting to get anxious since some others have received them and I haven't heard anything yet... 

Those who have received your official offer, did your application status change in the SGS portal?

Hey @monstera, i know it's been almost a year since this post. But i was just wondering if you remember how this got resolved. I'm experiencing the same issue: the unofficial offers were sent about a week and a half ago - some have already received their official offers but i still have not. 

Thanks! 

21 hours ago, MPH-HP 2018 said:

Hey @monstera, i know it's been almost a year since this post. But i was just wondering if you remember how this got resolved. I'm experiencing the same issue: the unofficial offers were sent about a week and a half ago - some have already received their official offers but i still have not. 

Thanks! 

Hey! I sent a few emails trying to find out what was going on but never got a real answer. Received my official offer ten days after that post/a month after my unofficial offer. Still don't know why there was a delay, but I wouldn't worry, you should get it soon. Congrats!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/22/2016 at 5:44 PM, public_hlth12 said:

Hey everyone, I am a current student at Guelph U in the MPH program, so if anyone has questions on admissions, admission statistics, or anything else I would be happy to try (emphasis on try haha) and help answer any questions. 

Hi 

I am thinking of applying for MPH, can you help  me with how is the job prospects after completion in Canada?

Edited by Sarya

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2017 at 4:09 AM, purpleace said:

Hello. I submitted my application to queens last month. 

There isnt a separate section for the statement of interest, however there are separate sections on the application that ask you questions that you would otherwise have answered in your statement of interest

Basically I wrote a statement of interest, and then copied and pasted it into the fields when applicable.

Goodluck!

Hey 

I am planning to apply for Queen's MPH do I have to show experience of 2 years as I have experience of only 1 year??