MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

2 hours ago, dee722 said:

Hi! I just got the email today saying that I got the admission from OEH in UBC. I believe they have made the acceptance decisions last week becuase they tried to reach me on the phone but I missed it. I am an international student, although I'm currently doing my M.Sc in Canada. Hope this is helpful. And best of luck to you! 

Congratulations @dee722 on your admission offer from UBC (OEH). 

5 hours ago, Tahnin said:

@kobr I have applied to u of T (epi) but no news from them yet. As far as I can remember last year it was probably around May when they sent out invitations. 

@Ashlin I have also applied to SFU but got no news so far. 

I believe for 2016 it was mid March for SFU to send the invitations. 

Thanks @Tahnin  Nothing we can do, just wait....Thanks! 

13 hours ago, dee722 said:

Hi! I just got the email today saying that I got the admission from OEH in UBC. I believe they have made the acceptance decisions last week becuase they tried to reach me on the phone but I missed it. I am an international student, although I'm currently doing my M.Sc in Canada. Hope this is helpful. And best of luck to you! 

Congrats!!! That was very helpful, thanks! I an international student finishing my undergrad at the US, so hopefully they have a decent number of spots for the program for intl students

Hi there, 

I finished the MPH program at SFU a few years ago if any one has any questions or ideas about it, I'm happy to answer! 

17 hours ago, Tahnin said:

@kobr I have applied to u of T (epi) but no news from them yet. As far as I can remember last year it was probably around May when they sent out invitations. 

@Ashlin I have also applied to SFU but got no news so far. 

I believe for 2016 it was mid March for SFU to send the invitations. 

@Tahnin Thanks! Couple of weeks to go. Good Luck!

Finally we are in March, Its my birth month and hopefully it brings good news for all of us.

@SFUFTW Can you please tell us how intense this course is and what are the job scope and is it really rewarding money wise? 

Thanks

3 hours ago, MPH 2017 said:

Finally we are in March, Its my birth month and hopefully it brings good news for all of us.

@SFUFTW Can you please tell us how intense this course is and what are the job scope and is it really rewarding money wise? 

Thanks

SFU has a great program - in my opinion, and it really depends on what you put into it that determines how well you will do post-grad. Personally, I went directly into ac community development role in Vancouver and soon after shifted into a management position (an MPH definitely helped me get into it). But beyond job prospects, it's a great program with a fantastic social justice lens. 

Hi all.

A bit late to the game - just found this site! What a great resource.

Does anyone know how the schools adjudicate GPA (for the ones that aren't explicitly stated on the website). Full transcript/last 2 years/last 30 credits? Namely wondering about Queen's, but have applied to UBC, Western, UT, and Mac.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by wiffle

@mariont19 As far as I could collect from the previous years threads McMaster and Guelph both send their first round of acceptance around mid to late March. People were through hearing back till May. Hope this helps. All the best for you applications. 

20 hours ago, mariont19 said:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back from Guelph and McMaster?

Thanks!

Hello Marion, 

I am also waiting to hear back from McMaster. Their website says that invitations will be send out from mid-March to April. 

Good luck! 

On 2017-03-01 at 5:48 PM, Shd90 said:

Anyone wants to claim the western University interview posted on the results page? I have been going crazy waiting to hear back from them. 

It wasn't me who posted on the results page but I also got an interview offer yesterday for the western MSc in Epidemiology. I wasn't aware that we had to interview for a spot so I am super nervous. Good luck to you - it was a potential supervisor who contacted me, not the administration, so maybe the supervisor you want is just taking more time to send out his or her emails. 

@epi2017 Hopefully you are right. All the best for your interview. I knew from previous years threads that they conducted one. Thank you for letting me know. Need to keep myself busy this weekend. Thankfully work will keep me from updating my email every 10 minutes. 

Edited by Shd90