MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

6 hours ago, j12356 said:

I haven't yet, ahh I'm so lost in what to do cause I also applied for UofT's MPH 

If it's anything like last year, U of T MPH epi will send out informal notices around third week of April that you have been recommended for acceptance. The official acceptance won't come about 3 weeks after that, so around mid-May. I have a friend right now in the U of T MPH epi program who accepted the McGill offer and then later accepted U of T when she got it (I wasn't aware there was a deposit, I guess she had to give that up then). So you certainly will have to make the decision on McGill (for now) to accept or decline, since you won't hear from U of T by the end of McGill's deadline! 

Hey everyone, just received my offer of admission from Queen's yesterday! Congrats to everyone else who has heard back! The letter of admission stated to let them know if I would be attending by March 31. I plan to accept this offer but I am hoping to hear back from Toronto MPH and that won't be until at least April. Does anyone know if acceptingt this offer affects your application to other schools? I know some programs such as Speech Pathology work like this because they apply to all schools through OUAC. I am assuming because we applied to each school separately it won't be affected but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for any advice!

1 hour ago, And1 said:

If it's anything like last year, U of T MPH epi will send out informal notices around third week of April that you have been recommended for acceptance. The official acceptance won't come about 3 weeks after that, so around mid-May. I have a friend right now in the U of T MPH epi program who accepted the McGill offer and then later accepted U of T when she got it (I wasn't aware there was a deposit, I guess she had to give that up then). So you certainly will have to make the decision on McGill (for now) to accept or decline, since you won't hear from U of T by the end of McGill's deadline! 

Do you could ask her how much the deposit was? Thanks! 

11 hours ago, TP15 said:

Congrats on your offer! I also applied to the Population Health Stream at SFU but have not heard back yet. I wonder if this means that I was not accepted into the program... 

If you don't mind me asking, what is your background?

Thanks! And no, not necessarily. I heard that admissions roll in to the end of march, and sometimes into April, and even as late as the summer, as some people decline the offers. So don't give up hope yet, they are most probably still reviewing people's files. Also, I have a BA degree, and some experience in the health education field. I can get into more detail with you in a private chat if you want! :)

3 hours ago, brooke16 said:

Hey everyone, just received my offer of admission from Queen's yesterday! Congrats to everyone else who has heard back! The letter of admission stated to let them know if I would be attending by March 31. I plan to accept this offer but I am hoping to hear back from Toronto MPH and that won't be until at least April. Does anyone know if acceptingt this offer affects your application to other schools? I know some programs such as Speech Pathology work like this because they apply to all schools through OUAC. I am assuming because we applied to each school separately it won't be affected but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for any advice!

No worries, it doesn't affect your admission to any other schools at all! My close friend in the program actually did accept Queen's initially and then declined later on when she got her offer to U of T. 

20 hours ago, Vekin7 said:

Congratulations to everyone that has received offers!! I received an offer from SFU a few days back, and i'm really glad! Quick questions to @SFUFTW: If you don't mind me asking, what specialty were you in at SFU? Also, during your time there, did you find that there were opportunities to do a practicum abroad (If you were not a Global Health student)? Thanks!

All the best to everyone!

Hi @Vekin7 - Congratulations on your acceptance to SFU! Did you receive your acceptance via email or through the mail? I also applied to this program and am now a bit worried since I have not heard anything. Thank you :)

Congrats to everyone that has gotten an acceptance! So unfortunate I didn't apply to the schools that have sent out acceptances already, this waiting game is making me quite anxious!

Hopefully U of A Global Health and U of T (health promo) comes out soon... I doubt it on the U of T front though. 

6 hours ago, And1 said:

No worries, it doesn't affect your admission to any other schools at all! My close friend in the program actually did accept Queen's initially and then declined later on when she got her offer to U of T. 

Thanks so much!

Hi everyone been lurking around - I applied to Waterloo MPH online and my QUEST was updated today with an acceptance! Haven't received an email notification yet or PDF of the offer but accept/reject is there along with a spot for final official transcripts! 

33 minutes ago, neonlily said:

Hi everyone been lurking around - I applied to Waterloo MPH online and my QUEST was updated today with an acceptance! Haven't received an email notification yet or PDF of the offer but accept/reject is there along with a spot for final official transcripts! 

@neonlily congrats on the acceptance! When did you submit your application to Waterloo? 

3 hours ago, neonlily said:

@neonlily congrats!

On 3/8/2017 at 11:37 PM, L G said:

Anyone accepting their McGill offer? I got mine last month and their deadline is March 20, which is so early!

Still waiting to hear from uAlberta (MPH), uOttawa (MSc Epi) and u of T (MPH) - apparently they send out the offers around mid April. 

I am in same boat as you.  Fingers crossed uOttawa replies before March 20th but it does look grim!  Will probably have to accept McGill then make harder decision once Ottawa letter comes in.  

What do people here think of Ottawa?  I am from US where education system is super polarized (Community and state schools which aren't so good, private which are quite expensive) so when some say Ottawa is not a good school I wonder whether it is not a good school in the US-sense, or if people just mean not as good as Toronto/McGill.  I like the multidisciplinary research they do in the medical school at Ottawa and my friends will be living there too!

13 hours ago, neonlily said:

Updating that my offer letter was uploaded today! Still never received an email notification so make sure you check. I have two weeks to reply from date of letter. 

15 minutes ago, MPH 2017 said:

hello,

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted.

Me still waiting......

Yeah... Same here. 

It's tortuous on one's psych. 

The only program I applied to is the U of A MPH program with a focus in health promotion. My application status on the applicant portal changed from "application submitted" to "under review". Ahhh I wonder how much longer the waiting game will be!