MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

Greetingsss all! Congratulations to everyone that has been offered admission so far, the rest of you; hold tight and keep your head up! 

Does anyone have any insight to the following questions - I'd really appreciate it. 

1. Do universities always, 100%, inform students of a yes or no? Or is it possible that they sometimes leave students in the abyss and not update their application status?
2. For those who applied to UofSask for MPH, can you confirm if PAWS is the only portal where we can check the status of our application? I'm not missing out on some UofS email account, am I?

Hello everyone! 

Just updating that I received an offer of admissions to UBC! I was anxious all day reading everyone's comments but good news at last! 

Most likely will be accepting this offer,  but I am still waiting to hear back from SFU, U of A and U of T.

Goodluck to everyone! :)

2 hours ago, MPHlife said:

Hey everyone,

Like some of you, I'm a long time lerker, lol.

Just checked Waterloo's Quest and saw that I was offered admission today! Didn't get an email yet to see the letter.

I also applied to UofA and UofS and like many of you, no reply yet.

Congrats to everyone so far and fingers crossed for those who are waiting.

@MPHlife my account was updated the 9th, letter uploaded the 10th. Email notification today (13th) so shouldn't be long for you! Congrats! 

Hello Everyone,

I just checked the status for my SFU Application and I got accepted!! Haven't received a letter or email yet but the status says approved and has a little accept/decline button next to it:) Waiting for UBC now...

Edited by overandover

2 hours ago, neonlily said:

@MPHlife my account was updated the 9th, letter uploaded the 10th. Email notification today (13th) so shouldn't be long for you! Congrats! 

Thanks so much for the heads up Neonlily! Congrats to you too!

Are you set on Waterloo, or are there other programs you are waiting to hear from?

Hello Everyone - 

So far, I got into Queens and UBC. I got waitlisted at McMaster. I am yet to hear from UofT. My top choices are UofT and McMaster so I am hoping I get into one of those.

What do you guys think about accepting the other offers? Is there a cost to accept UBC or Queens? I want to hve them as a backup

Congratulations to everyone who got in to schools. Goodluck to everyone still waiting! 

1 hour ago, MPHlife said:

Thanks so much for the heads up Neonlily! Congrats to you too!

Are you set on Waterloo, or are there other programs you are waiting to hear from?

I actually only applied to Waterloo! I wasn't really prepared to apply this cycle but did on a whim - was aiming for next year. Waterloo was always my #1 program anyways as I have a well paying job right now I don't want I leave and their fully online program was an easy sell. 

8 hours ago, neonlily said:

@Barnmucker congrats! Are you accepting Waterloo or McMaster? I accepted my Waterloo spot today :) 

Hey @neonlily

Congrats on your offer as well. I will most likely choose Waterloo as I also am working full time in public health. Online makes it alot easier to maintain both a job and schooling at the same time.  It seems like they offer low cost rooms for that two week onsite course which is nice.

Congratulations everyone who got accepted/wait listed. 

I am still waiting to hear from universities. 

So far no acceptance /rejection/wait listed email.

17 hours ago, naynay said:

Greetingsss all! Congratulations to everyone that has been offered admission so far, the rest of you; hold tight and keep your head up! 

Does anyone have any insight to the following questions - I'd really appreciate it. 

1. Do universities always, 100%, inform students of a yes or no? Or is it possible that they sometimes leave students in the abyss and not update their application status?
2. For those who applied to UofSask for MPH, can you confirm if PAWS is the only portal where we can check the status of our application? I'm not missing out on some UofS email account, am I?

Hello @naynay, as for your questions:

1. I'm not sure but I don't think they inform students 100%.

2. I have also applied to u of Saskatchewan and I know only of PAWS to check the status of the application. 

Edited by Tahnin

@overandover Congratulations on your acceptance to SFU!! :) If you don't mind me asking, which stream did you apply for? Did you see that just on the Application Status page? Mine doesn't seem to have a place where it lists the status, it just lists the application. 

20 hours ago, naynay said:

Hey @naynay I was an unsuccessful applicant for McMaster and Guelph last year and both of them notified me eventually to inform me that I was not accepted into the MPH program. 

13 minutes ago, crys07 said:

Has anyone heard anything from Lakehead or Guelph yet? The status on my Guelph application is "all documents received" and my Lakehead status says "application under review." 

Hey I contacted Guelph and they said they don't send out acceptances till April 

Hi all,

Thought I'd make an account since I'm anxiously waiting to hear back from MPH programs as well. 

I applied to MPH programs at: Western, Guelph, Waterloo, Toronto (behavioural sci & health promo stream), Brock. I haven't heard anything back yet.

Best of luck to everyone! Hoping we all get into our top choices :)

39 minutes ago, nads6 said:

Hi all,

Thought I'd make an account since I'm anxiously waiting to hear back from MPH programs as well. 

I applied to MPH programs at: Western, Guelph, Waterloo, Toronto (behavioural sci & health promo stream), Brock. I haven't heard anything back yet.

Best of luck to everyone! Hoping we all get into our top choices :)

Hey, I am in the same boat! Don't worry. I cynically check everyday...

I applied to Toronto for health promo and U of A for global health. I heard Toronto is really late with their acceptances, probably won't expect to hear anything until mid-April!

Good luck!

21 hours ago, mphalberta said:

3 minutes ago, EmPeeAych said:

Wait, where did it say that??? Mine still says decision pending!

Thanks to mphalberta for sending this portal link. I signed in there and saw it. You can see it there as well, Bear tracks status still shows decision pending. So these are two different bear tracks and portal.

1 minute ago, MPH 2017 said:

Thanks to mphalberta for sending this portal link. I signed in there and saw it. You can see it there as well, Bear tracks status still shows decision pending. So these are two different bear tracks and portal.

Thanks! Mine still sends under review.. I might be refreshing this page for the next little while.

So it sounds like you got accepted! Which stream did you apply to?

7 minutes ago, EmPeeAych said:

Thanks! Mine still sends under review.. I might be refreshing this page for the next little while.

So it sounds like you got accepted! Which stream did you apply to?

I'm not  sure if this means accepted I applied for Global health but I want tot change it.

Edited by MPH 2017
mistake