Vanier CGS 2016-2017

LMK

I guess they don't want to make any promises in case things go awry. Makes sense. It actually makes me feel a little better. I'm just going to (try to) not think about it or repeatedly check reserachnet. Just will wait for that email.

3 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Now to stress about SSHRC .. any idea if we get to find out online like Vanier or is it the old snail mail?

snail mail, unfortunately for those of us abroad :(

• 1 month later...
On 2017-05-05 at 8:13 AM, p(ache)d said:

@thehungryscholar haven't heard anything yet. My friend won one last year and I think they start to do media training and outreach in the fall semester.

I haven't heard anything about this public relations training, and I won last year. Your school will process most of the stuff for you. You will wait a long time for an official announcement. I believe it was October last year until we could make it public. After the award comes you don't hear much.

On 2017-05-06 at 3:18 PM, Lanie said:

I haven't heard anything about this public relations training, and I won last year. Your school will process most of the stuff for you. You will wait a long time for an official announcement. I believe it was October last year until we could make it public. After the award comes you don't hear much.

Thanks for this. I wondered if that was the case. All the official announcements I've seen online from previous years appear to happen to October... so I figured as much.

Just curious - have you had to do any interviews or anything like that?

I haven't been given that information. There was like a weird teleconference information type call where someone spoke about media right around the announcement but it wasn't 'training'. And other than my school paper, no one has ever interviewed me. I mean, we're not Trudeaus. Those guys get media training. There are like 4 of them. :)

You do get a little package in the mail later on in the summer/fall with a star trek like V pin, pen and USB with Vanier on it. I thought that was really sweet but will wear that Pin nowhere. I mean...