Guest tarsila89

Hi everyone -

I wanted to share some good news. This morning I received an admission offer from UC Davis =) It's a MA program, sort of my backup since I know it's not easy to get into the PhD directly from BA, but it was still exciting to read that "congratulations" on the beginning of the letter.

That's it. I'll wait for my PhD applications, but I'd be happy at Davis too. 

hi all! this is re: Chapel Hill

First, big congrats to the UNC chapel hill admit & interview posted this week!

After viewing the results postings, I logged into my UNC app and was scrolling around to see if there was any newly posted info. I casually clicked "view application proof" and scrolled through it and noticed that none of my supplemental documents were there. No writing sample, no CV, no personal statement. It was just the actual application. Now I'm a little on edge because I have never seen this before. Can any one who applied to UNC check their app and possibly put me at ease? I feel like the overall checklist is shorter since last I checked in December. 

Really hoping this is a glitch. Feel free to private message me if you don't feel like posting. Thanks in advance. 

55 minutes ago, feelthebern16 said:

hi all! this is re: Chapel Hill

First, big congrats to the UNC chapel hill admit & interview posted this week!

After viewing the results postings, I logged into my UNC app and was scrolling around to see if there was any newly posted info. I casually clicked "view application proof" and scrolled through it and noticed that none of my supplemental documents were there. No writing sample, no CV, no personal statement. It was just the actual application. Now I'm a little on edge because I have never seen this before. Can any one who applied to UNC check their app and possibly put me at ease? I feel like the overall checklist is shorter since last I checked in December. 

Really hoping this is a glitch. Feel free to private message me if you don't feel like posting. Thanks in advance. 

I just checked my application, and the only uploaded documents showing up under the application proof link are my transcripts. The rest is just the application form. However, on page 9 (program supplement) it says the writing sample and an additional supplemental document were uploaded on Nov 30th.

5 minutes ago, JellybeansGalore said:

I just checked my application, and the only uploaded documents showing up under the application proof link are my transcripts. The rest is just the application form. However, on page 9 (program supplement) it says the writing sample and an additional supplemental document were uploaded on Nov 30th.

ahhhh thank you so much for pointing that out! Huge sigh of relief! 

Hi everyone! New to the forum, and anxiously awaiting any kind of word from my schools. Does anyone know if it is more common to hear informally from a school or POI first? Or do most schools just send out official news?

1 hour ago, feelthebern16 said:

Ye Olde "I see acceptances/interviews/rejections posted from a school but haven't heard anything so where TF does that leave me" crisis settlng in. Grad cafe is all fun and games till this moment! Uff. 

Yuuuuup. Just had to have a pep talk with my husband.

Hang in there. :-) It's still early for us!

1 hour ago, feelthebern16 said:

Ye Olde "I see acceptances/interviews/rejections posted from a school but haven't heard anything so where TF does that leave me" crisis settlng in. Grad cafe is all fun and games till this moment! Uff. 

Watching videos of Richard Spencer getting decked set to music has been a fantastic distraction for me over the weekend!

Not that I intend to drag this conversation into memery, but you all have reminded me of this:

as-american-as-apple-pie.jpg

Also, hi! This is my first post under this account. I was here about three years ago as I was applying for my MA, under the name "ChurchLover" (I'm a big fan of Frederic Church, as I am of William Henry Jackson). Long story short, I can't access that account anymore so I made this one. I'm just as anxious as all of you. I, too, look to be hearing from a school or two sometime this week, and every time I visit this forum it feels like I'm adding fuel to the anxiety-fire. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for myself and everyone else! This is a fickle, nerve-wracking process but at least we're in it together. 

For anyone curious, I earned my MA at Tufts last spring and I'm more than willing to answer any questions about my experience via personal message. I don't know if I'll be much help but I'll put it out there anyway haha. 

Good luck everyone, and may the odds be ever in your favor!