NSF GRFP 2016-2017

StemQueries

Reading some of the winning essays/CVs and my imposter syndrome is back in full force especially since I'd be applying with a counseling psych research background and will probably only have papers in prep (3 possibly, 1 first author) by the submission deadline. Any past winners from counseling or clinical psych fields? The one's on Alex Lang's site, while incredibly useful as a template, are leaning towards statistics and I'm my lab leans more towards outreach and intervention research.

21 hours ago, solvent_tortuga said:

Has anyone ever accepted the NSF, but then terminated/declined it before the May 1 deadline in lieu of another grant that cannot be accepted concurrently?

Check out the posts about NSF vs NDSEG or other threads along those lines

Edited by bioinformaticsGirl

• 1 month later...

Hi all, does anyone know if any HMs have been bumped up to fellows/when that may occur? I don't have high hopes for that but wanted to ask before I start planning on whether to apply again this year, starting up the writing process again, etc.

21 hours ago, psychpride9 said:

Hi all, does anyone know if any HMs have been bumped up to fellows/when that may occur? I don't have high hopes for that but wanted to ask before I start planning on whether to apply again this year, starting up the writing process again, etc.

I've heard that it happens, but unfortunately I don't have any information on when. 

On 6/2/2017 at 2:50 PM, psychpride9 said:

If you get bumped up, it would be this month (a friend of mine mid June a few years ago)