PhD Applications Fall '17 Season

menge

Just now, MarthUser said:

That's the impression I got from the email. I plan to follow-up with my STM advisor Christopher Evans (who's at the School of Theology and technically also in the Graduate Department of Religion) to confirm that this is the case. But to be honest, I would not be surprised if they're not taking anyone because of this shake-up.

All well, it was the lowest on my list... more annoyed at paying the admission fee to have everyone rejected!

2 minutes ago, Marcion said:

All well, it was the lowest on my list... more annoyed at paying the admission fee to have everyone rejected!

I forgot to mention that the email noted that they will be refunding the application fees for the applicants to the GDRS so perhaps that's consolation for everyone getting rejected.

Just now, MarthUser said:

I forgot to mention that the email noted that they will be refunding the application fees for the applicants to the GDRS so perhaps that's consolation for everyone getting rejected.

Good form. Really, really good form!!!

35 minutes ago, bijou2017 said:

Do you all think that if I haven't heard from UVA at this point since they've been pretty active, it's reasonable to think I was rejected?

I hate to be bearer of bad news bijou2017, and one can't be 100% certain until the official letter comes... But at this point, that is what it looks like.

42 minutes ago, bijou2017 said:

Do you all think that if I haven't heard from UVA at this point since they've been pretty active, it's reasonable to think I was rejected?

I didn't hear for a while last year and then I got an acceptance for their MA program. Not ideal, but its a possibility.

1 hour ago, MarthUser said:

For those waiting for Boston University Graduate GSAS, I just received an email from the Director of Graduate Department of Religious Studies asking if I want to transfer my application to the School of Theology. His reasoning is that due to a shake-up of the Religion Department (from what I heard, they're consolidating two of the tracks into one), they are not admitting any students this year.

BS! I want my application fee back!

3 minutes ago, menge said:

3 Harvard acceptances now posted folks. Seems today was indeed the day. Now if they could just send rejections today too I'd be grateful. 

No more reason to hope at this point, is there?

That's pretty obnoxious about Boston GSAS... that is one of the places I was still holding out on. This is the second time (for me personally) that I've had this happen (the last was CU Boulder's Phil Department for 2014... they never sent refunds, moreover). Gah! 

1 minute ago, axiomness said:

That's pretty obnoxious about Boston GSAS... that is one of the places I was still holding out on. This is the second time (for me personally) that I've had this happen (the last was CU Boulder's Phil Department for 2014... they never sent refunds, moreover). Gah! 

If they know this is going down, they really should post a notice on the website.

5 minutes ago, Eshtah said:

No more reason to hope at this point, is there?

One of the acceptances was my subfield... And Harvard really isn't a great "fit" for me anyway. So I'm not holding out.

5 minutes ago, menge said:

One of the acceptances was my subfield... And Harvard really isn't a great "fit" for me anyway. So I'm not holding out.

There is nothing for subfield, but I feel like not having received an e-mail until now already says enough? Am I misinterpreting that? Because in my case, it is an objectively great fit. And my partner cannot follow me to where I got in, so this is my big hope...

Sounds like today should be active. Best wishes to you all. My app season ended on 13th (1 acceptance, 1 rejection) but for some reason I still can't help but incessantly check the forum for the latest news. 

So an app for a school that traditionally doesn't release for another two weeks, has always said "Your application is complete and under review."

Well this morning it no longer says that. BUT! There's nothing in its place.

I just want to JGYSRXf.gif

Edited by xypathos

Harvard: Hebrew Bible, New Testament (2 spots), and American Religious History (and it is 12 EST)... More to go (please post if you got into History of Christianity or any others).