6 minutes ago, maurmaur said:

How did you find out?

IU mails letters normally but for STEPS they email acceptances. I did not get my mail acceptance to IU yet but they emailed me with my STEPS acceptance today and also congratulated me on being admitted to the program overall.

23 minutes ago, julianorts said:

IU mails letters normally but for STEPS they email acceptances. I did not get my mail acceptance to IU yet but they emailed me with my STEPS acceptance today and also congratulated me on being admitted to the program overall.

Yeah I was waitlisted last year and got a letter but I was thinking maybe they didn't do that this year for some reason.

2 hours ago, maurmaur said:

Yeah I was waitlisted last year and got a letter but I was thinking maybe they didn't do that this year for some reason.

You'll probably get a letter in the mail soon! Best of luck to you :)

On 2/22/2017 at 10:49 AM, julianorts said:

It won't let me post in the actual results page, but I just got my first notification and I was accepted to Indiana University's program & their bilingual STEPS program! I am absolutely THRILLED!!! I found out about STEPS through email, but they said I will get my official acceptance letter to the program and info on funding in the mail. Best wishes to all of you!

Congratulations!!  I also applied to IU (not the STEPS program though) and am waiting to hear back... hopefully soon :-)  Very happy for you!

46 minutes ago, jamielee23 said:

Congratulations!!  I also applied to IU (not the STEPS program though) and am waiting to hear back... hopefully soon :-)  Very happy for you!

Thanks so much!!! Ooooh I hope you get in! I still haven't received my letter either so the only reason I know is from the email about STEPS. Hopefully they come soon! I'm still anxious about the possibility of funding.

Anyone heard back from Cleveland State University, University of Louisville, or Indiana State University yet? I know it's still early but this is my second year applying and this waiting is turning me into a real life crazy person. I was waitlisted last year at Cleveland State, University of Louisville, and Indiana State so I'm extra anxious to see if I got into any of those schools. I've heard back from 3 of the 20 programs I applied to but so far it's not been good news. I've prayed, done yoga, increased my cardio workouts, and tried positive affirmations and still the only thing I think about 24/7 is this. 

1 hour ago, babykoala said:

If you've been accepted to UNC-Chapel Hill, can you please share your stats? Also, are you in-state? Thanks!

Hi! I just received a call about two hours ago from UNC-Chapel Hill about my admission into the program - so excited because it's my first acceptance! Now I just have to wait to hear from everywhere else lol. I am out-of-state (California), and my stats are 3.97 GPA and 163/163/4.5 GRE. 

Congratulations to everyone for getting through the application season! All the hard work and wait will pay off :)

Has anyone else not heard from University of Vermont yet? From what they have told me I expected to hear by now, and know that a first round of acceptances/declines went out at the beginning of the month. I am so anxious but don't want to keep bugging admissions!

4 hours ago, sophianc said:

Has anyone else not heard from University of Vermont yet? From what they have told me I expected to hear by now, and know that a first round of acceptances/declines went out at the beginning of the month. I am so anxious but don't want to keep bugging admissions!

One of my friends got in earlier this month, but that's all I know!

I got waitlisted from University of Minnesota today :( sad because I know they have a good bilingual program but I also understand that I am coming from out of field. Thankful that I have been accepted to one program and still have to hear back from six more! Really curious about UT Dallas because apparently some people already heard back.

Edited by julianorts

Hi everyone, 

I got accepted to Sacred Heart University! Now I just have to wait to hear from everywhere else. Has anyone accepted their offer to Sacred Heart University?? I'm from Florida so I have a lot to concerned and I would love to hear what others have to say about the program/Fairfield?

On 2/24/2017 at 7:51 AM, sophianc said:

I have a friend who was rejected from Uni of Vermont a few weeks ago. Her GRE was pretty low, though. Best of luck! 

7 hours ago, Nicole Bat said:

Hi everyone, 

I got accepted to Sacred Heart University! Now I just have to wait to hear from everywhere else. Has anyone accepted their offer to Sacred Heart University?? I'm from Florida so I have a lot to concerned and I would love to hear what others have to say about the program/Fairfield?

I dated someone for a bit that lived in the town next to Fairfield, haha. The one time I visited it was a really cute lil town! 

7 hours ago, Nicole Bat said:

Hi everyone, 

I Interviewed at Sacred Heart last week so I haven't heard back yet. I've gone to this school multiple times and each time I try to have an open mind, but there's just something about it I don't like. The staff seems very research based so if you're heavily interested in research it may be a better fit. Fairfield is a small town, its very nice/wealthy. I know a lot people who have gone to SHU and ended up not liking how small of a school it was. Personally I know it's not the school for me and am so relieved I've already been accepted elsewhere. I also am not a fan of there being no on campus clinic. Every time I've gone to visit campus I've spoken to the only girl ever there from the program who does say she loves it. I'm sure it's a great fit for some people, but these are just my thoughts. Best of luck! 

10 hours ago, julianorts said:

I got waitlisted from University of Minnesota today :( sad because I know they have a good bilingual program but I also understand that I am coming from out of field. Thankful that I have been accepted to one program and still have to hear back from six more! Really curious about UT Dallas because apparently some people already heard back.

I got my U of M rejection today, so I feel your pain. Luckily I have like 8 more to hear from lol. I hope you're highly ranked on their waitlist!! Good luck!

On 2/16/2017 at 8:49 AM, Abby Marie said:

Has anyone who applied to University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee heard back yet? It's been about six weeks so I thought we'd hear back by now. 

Usually UWM sends out emails right before their spring break. I go to UWM - our spring break starts 3/17 so you should be hearing around then (hopefully sooner) :)

For those not on the other thread, SDSU has sent out decisions! I received admission to their program via email around 3pm PST.

I have also declined UNC Chapel Hill's offer. It is a wonderful program, but being from CA, the tuition would just be too much. Now I have definite admission into at least one of my CA programs. :) Hope someone out there on the waitlist receives a quick admittance!

This month is going to go by way too quickly - and way too slowly! Hang in there everyone! 

I was notified that I'm on the waitlist for one school I applied to, and they didn't include what ranking, just that they'll notify me if this changes. Should I email them and ask, and tell them I'm still interested in the program or do you think that would be unnecessary? 

22 minutes ago, panda1991 said:

I was notified that I'm on the waitlist for one school I applied to, and they didn't include what ranking, just that they'll notify me if this changes. Should I email them and ask, and tell them I'm still interested in the program or do you think that would be unnecessary? 

I would if you really want to attend and/or don't have any other acceptances yet. At the ASHA Conference this year I asked a few people giving presentations if they had any advice for someone like me who was about to submit grad school applications. At least 3 different people said that if you get waitlisted and really want to attend that school you should definitely email the department chair and reiterate your interest in the program, tell them it's your top choice, etc.

50 minutes ago, pbandj said:

For those not on the other thread, SDSU has sent out decisions! I received admission to their program via email around 3pm PST.

I have also declined UNC Chapel Hill's offer. It is a wonderful program, but being from CA, the tuition would just be too much. Now I have definite admission into at least one of my CA programs. :) Hope someone out there on the waitlist receives a quick admittance!

This month is going to go by way too quickly - and way too slowly! Hang in there everyone! 

Congrats!! I hope to be in your position, haha. I applied to too many out of state schools. :mellow:

27 minutes ago, panda1991 said:

I would first read the school's website very carefully- a few programs I read said they didn't give out wait list rankings. 

14 minutes ago, ElKel87 said:

I would if you really want to attend and/or don't have any other acceptances yet. At the ASHA Conference this year I asked a few people giving presentations if they had any advice for someone like me who was about to submit grad school applications. At least 3 different people said that if you get waitlisted and really want to attend that school you should definitely email the department chair and reiterate your interest in the program, tell them it's your top choice, etc.

Thanks, that's really helpful. I will email them to let them know I'm still interested. 

5 minutes ago, jmk said:

Congrats!! I hope to be in your position, haha. I applied to too many out of state schools. :mellow:

I would first read the school's website very carefully- a few programs I read said they didn't give out wait list rankings. 

Thanks for the advice. I've heard of some schools doing that, so I think I'll be cautious about this.

2 hours ago, jmk said:

Thank you, that means a lot! Judging from your stats and experiences (listed in another thread), I think you are in a fantastic position for your CA schools! But I feel you on the out of state schools. I only applied to 3 out of states and am slightly regretting the extra money and time I put in, considering I would almost certainly accept an in-state program over any of the out of state programs I applied to.. It is just so expensive for me to study out of state. :mellow: I felt so nervous applying to only CA schools though hahaha. I think I would have regretted it more had I not applied at all lol

By the way, congratulations on your acceptances so far! I anticipate more admissions are coming your way :D