Congratulations to everyone that has been getting accepted! 

I feel a little silly that I applied to so many schools thinking I wasn't going to get accepted. I think part of this process is having confidence in yourself! Especially when it comes to interviews. I was accepted to my top choice this week (my alma mater: Case Western Reserve University) and I am so so happy that the stress of applications is almost over! 

1 hour ago, SLPsingballs said:

Thank you!!  It is a huge distance, that's for sure.  If I get accepted elsewhere, it will be a tough decision.  I wish you some west coast acceptances too!!

How was your interview with EWU?  I had mine yesterday, and Skype was a mess for me, but the interview wasn't bad at all.

I'm feeling the same way (and I don't even have a family coming along; I saw you mentioning such in another post). It's a different reality when applying cross country versus realizing that it's potentially going to happen. 

EWU had no technical issues, and I thought that the interview wasn't bad either. I had to google "how to call someone on Skype" (instead of just accepting an incoming call) minutes before the interview was supposed to take place, so that was a bit frazzling and something that I hadn't thought of earlier to practice. My patience with this cycle is slowly wearing down though, and I find myself checking my e-mail more and more. Just want full results so that the reality of what's happening come Fall can start to play out! 

26 minutes ago, speechietobecle said:

I feel a little silly that I applied to so many schools thinking I wasn't going to get accepted. I think part of this process is having confidence in yourself! Especially when it comes to interviews. I was accepted to my top choice this week (my alma mater: Case Western Reserve University) and I am so so happy that the stress of applications is almost over! 

Congratulations on your acceptances, especially with your top choice! I feel similarly silly- I applied to a boatload of schools thinking I would have little to no luck being "average" and not wanting to spend the time and finances with potentially multi-year application cycles. For me it was also definitely having freedom that comes with being young/finishing up undergrad, and not having a family yet. Kind of a toss-up though with applicants each year, so better safe than sorry, haha! 

Edited by jmk

47 minutes ago, speechietobecle said:

I feel the same way! I was so sure that I wasn't going to get in because my GPA isn't great so I applied to as many schools as I could. However, If you had told me that I would feel silly about being so stressed 3 months ago I probably would have slapped you lol

55 minutes ago, speechietobecle said:

Congratulations on all your acceptances! I'm so glad at this point that I only applied to 4 schools when I originally was going to apply to 8. I decided to just have confidence in my chances and focus all my time and energy into the few applications I had. The hard part now is, they are all schools I can see myself going to haha.

3 hours ago, speechietobecle said:

Same! Some schools I applied to have a very high acceptance rate, so I should have had more confidence in myself and cut down the list. And now that I can look at my list more objectively, there are some schools that I wouldn't have gone to anyway so I am regretting the money that I spent on them. 

4 hours ago, jmk said:

I'm feeling the same way (and I don't even have a family coming along; I saw you mentioning such in another post). It's a different reality when applying cross country versus realizing that it's potentially going to happen. 

EWU had no technical issues, and I thought that the interview wasn't bad either. I had to google "how to call someone on Skype" (instead of just accepting an incoming call) minutes before the interview was supposed to take place, so that was a bit frazzling and something that I hadn't thought of earlier to practice. My patience with this cycle is slowly wearing down though, and I find myself checking my e-mail more and more. Just want full results so that the reality of what's happening come Fall can start to play out! 

I SHOULD HAVE GOOGLED HOW TO CALL SOMEONE ON SKYPE!!!  I thought there would just be a spot to press to call someone, but nope.  The only times I've ever used Skype was for studying with classmates, and they called me. :(  I totally failed that aspect of the interview.  hah.  I'm definitely done with patience this grad school cycle!  Being accepted somewhere does add some relief though.  I might be able to slow down checking my emails at this point.  

15 hours ago, babykoala said:

I'm curious about their clinical placements and whether they have more of a medical or school focus--my thought is that it's about equal? I'm planning on applying there next year and appreciate any insight! Thanks!

They seemed to stress that they have a strong relationship with Phoenix Academy, which is a charter school in the area, but they also mentioned they have good connections with rehab facilities and other medical facilities in the area. They require you to spend one semester in an education setting and one semester in a medical setting, so it seems pretty balanced! Side note: They ended up sending out acceptances yesterday evening, and I wasn't one of them, so I doubt I'll be getting accepted. At the info session, they stressed the importance of having very strong LORs and a strong personal statement, along with having around a 3.8 GPA or higher. They didn't mention GRE scores at all, but that's not to say they aren't a factor. It seems to be a super competitive and very strong program!

14 hours ago, SLPsingballs said:

I SHOULD HAVE GOOGLED HOW TO CALL SOMEONE ON SKYPE!!!  I thought there would just be a spot to press to call someone, but nope.  The only times I've ever used Skype was for studying with classmates, and they called me. :(  I totally failed that aspect of the interview.  hah.  I'm definitely done with patience this grad school cycle!  Being accepted somewhere does add some relief though.  I might be able to slow down checking my emails at this point.  

SAME! My interview time was 9am, and at 8:58 I'm over here trying to get Skype to work, haha. I'm hoping to reduce my email checking from every hours to a few times a day. :P

On 3/6/2017 at 8:41 PM, pbandj said:

I emailed them the day after decisions were sent out to ask about funding. They're waiting for the final word about the budget. so they haven't distributed anything yet. She said she should have the final word by Wednesday, but I'm not sure how much longer it will take afterward for them to distribute the scholarships and notify us. Hope this helps!

Were you able to create a UW ID? Wanted to check my financial aid offers since they're out but couldn't sign up for one because I'm missing the PAC code which shows up on my friends grad app but not mine :( Looks like I have to call them on Monday. 

41 minutes ago, imunster said:

Were you able to create a UW ID? Wanted to check my financial aid offers since they're out but couldn't sign up for one because I'm missing the PAC code which shows up on my friends grad app but not mine :( Looks like I have to call them on Monday. 

I was able to find the PAC number by going to the application portal and its the number next to the student ID. Hope that helps! 

3 hours ago, joyannna said:

I was able to find the PAC number by going to the application portal and its the number next to the student ID. Hope that helps! 

I know its suppose to show up under the decision part of the portal next to the student number but I don't have that part at all. I'll just call but thank you! Did they offer you any free $?

Has anyone heard from Radford yet? 

I called in Friday and they said they would be sending out decisions this coming week, but I saw somewhere else where someone said they got accepted in Friday! 

I feel like this is a very stupid question, but I got an email from UW Office of Student Financial Aid that linked to my financial aid report, is this where we should see departmental funding or is this just stuff from FAFSA? There is something on there about a work study, would that be the departmental aid or is that something federally awarded? 

3 hours ago, grad5225 said:

Has anyone heard from Radford yet? 

I called in Friday and they said they would be sending out decisions this coming week, but I saw somewhere else where someone said they got accepted in Friday! 

Yes, I was also accepted on Friday afternoon. Not sure if that means they send them in waves, or what?

21 hours ago, imunster said:

I found my PAC number, I'm sorry you have to call. :( Btw, I did not receive any scholarship notices as part of my financial aid package yet, but was under the impression that for departmental scholarships they will email us directly - at least, that was the vibe I got from the acceptance email and when I emailed them myself! I may be wrong though. I would try emailing them and just asking if they have distributed their scholarships yet, wouldn't hurt :) 

6 hours ago, flaslp2be said:

I feel like this is a very stupid question, but I got an email from UW Office of Student Financial Aid that linked to my financial aid report, is this where we should see departmental funding or is this just stuff from FAFSA? There is something on there about a work study, would that be the departmental aid or is that something federally awarded? 

Not a silly question at all! I mentioned in my post above that the vibe I got was that they would contact us directly with departmental funding. When I emailed them last Saturday, they told me that they would receive the final budget for scholarship distribution last Wednesday. I'm assuming they're still determining scholarship awards and will contact us directly when it's finalized. For work study, I believe that if we qualify on our FAFSA, we can contact one of the faculty members to talk about working in the department (often in the research labs). Otherwise, I think we can apply to other jobs that are for work study students. Not sure if you're in CoreSLP, but I got that last bit of information here: https://sphsc.washington.edu/financial-assistance-0 Hope that helps!

6 hours ago, alissa11 said:

Wait listed at Governors State and waiting to hear from Ambrose and Eastern New Mexico. Has anyone heard from ENMU or Ambrose?

I was accepted at St Ambrose! Not sure if they are still sending them out or not.. 

@flaslp2be @imunster and anyone else waiting to hear about departmental recruitment scholarships from UW: I just got an email about funding! I was told the budget for recruitment scholarships was slashed by 60% so they're working on moving around less resources than they've had to in the past :( I got a small offer that they will try to increase in the next week or two. Apparently applicants for CoreSLP who are eligible for the WICHE program will, for now, be receiving smaller offers due to in-state tuition being already financial assistance in itself. If you're still waiting to hear back from UW about recruitment scholarships, definitely shoot an email their way! They're great at responding quickly and thoroughly. Good luck!

2 hours ago, pbandj said:

@flaslp2be @imunster and anyone else waiting to hear about departmental recruitment scholarships from UW: I just got an email about funding! I was told the budget for recruitment scholarships was slashed by 60% so they're working on moving around less resources than they've had to in the past :( I got a small offer that they will try to increase in the next week or two. Apparently applicants for CoreSLP who are eligible for the WICHE program will, for now, be receiving smaller offers due to in-state tuition being already financial assistance in itself. If you're still waiting to hear back from UW about recruitment scholarships, definitely shoot an email their way! They're great at responding quickly and thoroughly. Good luck!

Thanks for the update! It is very unfortunate that the awards were cut by 60% this year. I was told that they aren't able to offer me any funding at the moment, unless more money surfaces within the next few weeks. I really hope I get some funding!

EDIT: I got accepted to the MedSLP program. 

Edited by jj134

2 hours ago, pbandj said:

Bummer. I haven't received any word from them. Who should I email? 

On another note. Received a rejection from CSULA (which I expected) and a call from CSUF notifying me of my acceptance!

23 minutes ago, jj134 said:

Thanks for the update! It is very unfortunate that the awards were cut by 60% this year. I was told that they aren't able to offer me any funding at the moment, unless more money surfaces within the next few weeks. I really hope I get some funding!

EDIT: I got accepted to the MedSLP program. 

A huge congratulations on your acceptance, what an accomplishment!! I seem to keep running into MedSLP admits around here lol. I really hope you get some funding :) The budget cut is so untimely! I got a sense that they're really frustrated about it as well - 60% is a LOT less money. Maybe they'll be able to shift some stuff around and allocate some more money toward awards. 

23 minutes ago, imunster said:

Bummer. I haven't received any word from them. Who should I email? 

On another note. Received a rejection from CSULA (which I expected) and a call from CSUF notifying me of my acceptance!

I've been emailing Dr. Kristie Spencer who oversees recruitment scholarships for incoming graduate students, so I would start by emailing her. She's very nice and pretty quick about replying! There are other faculty members who oversee other types of funding, like work-study and paid TA positions. I haven't contacted them yet, but I'll probably be contacting them soon to see what other forms of funding I'll be able to receive, especially since recruitment awards are slim this year :/ 

Btw, sorry to hear about CSULA. But hey, congratulations on CSUF!!!! :D This process is such a rollercoaster haha