MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

Is there anyone heard about SVA mfa photo???

Today, my application page says decision is made but I did not get any notification.

So worry..

22 hours ago, hastr683 said:

Accepted to Glasgow and Goldsmiths immediately after interview. I'd be paying the "international" rate (which is 15-22K pounds per year), though I have EU citizenship, it sounds like they are not offering funding. I already have one offer in the US fully funded plus stipend. 

Anyone have any experience with international schools, or with negotiating a better offer from a school that has not initially offered funding?

What was the Glasgow interview like? I am interviewing next Thursday with them. I won't be able to attend without some funding so I feel your pain. What school is offering full funding for you. That is going to be a huge factor in your decision of course...

Hi! New here.

Is there anyone got news from RISD MFA Graphic Design?

I applied for 3-year track and haven't got any news of interview or reject yet. 

I sent email to admissions and they replied that they will notice as soon as the decision is made.

1 hour ago, This guy said:

Don't understand why these schools wait this long to even send rejections. I would like to know so I can move on, haha. First year applying. This is intense

I believe that there are some programs that do not know until later where the rejections will be headed. Often, you need to send out acceptances and chances are not everyone who is accepted will attend, so once a program finds that out they go back to the applicants and see who else they might want, and repeat until you have a fairly fully committed class. Basically, instead of telling you you're waitlisted they just sit on your decision. Once you send out a rejection it's hard to come through with a late offer if, perhaps, you were in their 'maybes' category. So, while a late notice is nervewracking in many situations it means a school isn't ready to commit to the 'no' just quite yet. 

On 3/3/2017 at 0:10 AM, disjunctivesyllogism said:

Anyone heard from RISD 3yr GD? Also, does anyone have an idea about the acceptance rate for the 3yr GD?

Hey I am the one same with you. Still waiting for it and no news heard about yet. 

Hi! @disjunctivesyllogism @jnhjnh I had an interview with RISD on February 20th for the graphic design 2 yr program. There were two other people interviewing the same day that I was there for the 3 year graphic design program... so I think that they already sent out interview requests. :( 

27 minutes ago, oliveoil said:

Hi! @disjunctivesyllogism @jnhjnh I had an interview with RISD on February 20th for the graphic design 2 yr program. There were two other people interviewing the same day that I was there for the 3 year graphic design program... so I think that they already sent out interview requests. :( 

Hey thanks for the news! I have no idea why they just leave me undecided <_<  

Edited by jnhjnh

Hello all!

I'm new to the GradCafe forum but have been reading most of the posts about admissions.

Congrats to all of those who have been accepted, I've been reading your posts and it makes me happy to see people excited when their admissions decision was a positive one.

This is my first round of the admissions cycle and I applied to the following programs:

Texas State University (MFA in Communication Design) - Accepted.

Kent State University (MFA in Visual Communication Design) - Interviewed and awaiting decision.

Georgia State University (MFA in Studio w/ a concentration in Graphic Design) - Awaiting decision.

Boston University (MFA in Graphic Design) - Accepted with a partial scholarship.

Anyone else applied to these programs / schools?

On 3/2/2017 at 6:03 PM, hastr683 said:

Accepted to Glasgow and Goldsmiths immediately after interview. I'd be paying the "international" rate (which is 15-22K pounds per year), though I have EU citizenship, it sounds like they are not offering funding. I already have one offer in the US fully funded plus stipend. 

Anyone have any experience with international schools, or with negotiating a better offer from a school that has not initially offered funding?

I'm curious why they have you paying the international rate... on the website for Goldsmiths it said EU residents pay 9550. Did they mention why? How was your interview with them? I have an interview there on the 16th!

1 hour ago, medicenana said:

Georgia State University (MFA in Studio w/ a concentration in Graphic Design) - Awaiting decision.

Anyone else applied to these programs / schools?

I applied to GSU Sculpture. I have heard nothing since the update email Feb 15th. There are a few others on this thread that are also awaiting word.

At least we have this forum to know we're not alone! 

I had two interviews last week one from my top school sfai and one from my lower end school cal state San Bernadino!

Got accepted to San bernadino yesterday still waiting to hear from sfai- they said mid march.

waitlisted three weeks ago at uc Davis

still haven't heard anything from cal arts(Called and they said they will be sending acceptance letters next week.

havent heard from Washington state

or Hawaii or Otis or Colorado state or asu or u of a 

got one no from Berkeley 

hope his hells I will keep you posted! 

My fingers are crossed for sfai 

even tho my interviewer got switched from a painter to a sculptor the day Before and the conversation strayed from my art and we more about what I do outside of art which I felt odd about... the interviewer teaches more at Stanford anyway which is odd... so I hope I get in:/ 

Got waitlisted for Tyler MFA Ceramics this week, so with an application deadline of Jan 15th we are at the end of week 7. I thought my chances were long gone, but I guess they are still waiting on first rounders to accept? I'm hoping someone decides to decline as this is my only positive response I've received. Some schools got back with me in 2 weeks... Waiting on Arizona State still, as well as Utah State, Bowling Green and Syracuse.

19 hours ago, ksmiles said:

Anyone else have an interview at Cranbrook?

what department are you interviewing for? I applied for painting and haven't heard anything yet :-/

Finished my interview with RISD Photo. I think I did poorly though. I was rushing to answer the question, so my answer wasn't elaborated nicely. It only take 10 mins for the question part and I have to fill the other 10 mins with questions. Fingers cross, I want it so badly...can't believe I blew it like that.

2 minutes ago, bblox said:

what department are you interviewing for? I applied for painting and haven't heard anything yet :-/

I am interviewing for painting. I got the request about two weeks ago. Best of luck.

6 hours ago, doob said:

Is there anyone heard about SVA mfa photo???

Today, my application page says decision is made but I did not get any notification.

So worry..

I just logged in to sva and it says still under review... fyi

36 minutes ago, BrainDamage said:

Rejected by UT Austin if anyone is waiting still. 

I also didn't get in.  They told me that they won't be sending me a rejection letter, but rather change my status to a "no action" and then asked me to consider to reapply next year.. really not what I wanted to hear...  

On 3/1/2017 at 11:40 AM, ZahP said:

USC Interactive Media and Game Design, UCLA Design Media Arts, UCSC Digital Arts and New Media, NYU Tisch Arts Game Center, UCSD Visual Arts.
So far I've been accepted to USC, UCSC and NYU- I interview with UCSD this weekend and expect to be accepted to UCLA in the coming weeks as the interview went really well :)

Woah CONGRATS! You're killin' in My friend that just applied to USC for his Experiemental Animation MFA just got in as well; USC is a fantastic school (my girlfriend studied there) so that's already super awesome. UCSC I don't know much about but have heard great things; and NYU is also a fantastic school (I applied for my undergrad but ultimately went to CalArts for Music Technology). If you pick NYU Let's meet up (if I get into Columbia) hahaha

20 hours ago, Vespertine said:

I don't know about painting specifically (photo applicant here), but I'm under the impression that Columbia interview requests for all departments have been sent out already based on the posts in this thread. I'm assuming I got rejected!

I had my interview for Sound Art on Monday and they stated I should hear back by next week :x There may still be a department or two though that hasn't sent interview invites. Give it another week maybe? :)