MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

15 minutes ago, Kamari said:

I very nervously sent an email to the dean who interviewed me asking if I could be put in touch with some current students and when exactly I'd hear back this week. Fingers Crossed...

did Columbia say you would hear from them this week?

3 hours ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

Congratulations to everyone so far! And to you guys who haven't gotten quite what you wanted; don't give up! I don't believe in the theory of No, rather I believe in No(t right now). So keep making the work and most importantly stay true to who you are and what motivates you and why you make art. 

I also wanted to share with you guys. I got admitted into SAIC with a full scholarship in sculpture!  

amazing!!! congrats!!!

Just now, Tyra1992 said:

did Columbia say you would hear from them this week?

They did for Sound Art, yes. As far as other departments I do not know but after my interview they stated I should hear back by (I believe the exact terminology was) "before this week is out"

3 hours ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

Congratulations to everyone so far! And to you guys who haven't gotten quite what you wanted; don't give up! I don't believe in the theory of No, rather I believe in No(t right now). So keep making the work and most importantly stay true to who you are and what motivates you and why you make art. 

I also wanted to share with you guys. I got admitted into SAIC with a full scholarship in sculpture!  

Hey congrats!!!!!! will you go?

So, even though I've  gotten an 'acceptance' letter in an informal email with the University of Washington, I never had an interview or anything like That.  But I did speak with one of the professors and she informed me that they were only  accepting  4 - people which was pretty strange.  The conversation seemed to be an interview though. so, my question is Can you get accepted only to get rejected? I don't even know, I'm so confused. When I spoke with her she said that they were busy talking to prospective students and that the professors will get back to me. I don't know if this means if I am just a candidate or am I a prospective student?  Or they only selected me for an interview? In my informal acceptance letter she congratulated me for being a candidate!  What the hell does this all mean !!!! 

Also every time I've had an interview I have been so nervous and inarticulate and crazy sounding that I'm pretty sure they think I'm a dumby. I cannot seem to talk about my work under pressure at all!!! 

Edited by Causofit

7 hours ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

congrats.gif

YES! It's happening!

9 hours ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

Congrats! You rock!! 

15 hours ago, ksmiles said:

Anyone else waiting for MICA decisions?

I got my acceptance letter from MICA on Monday. It was for an MPS program and not an MFA though. Different departments have their own timelines so not sure if this information helps you.

I saw someone had heard from UPenn studio arts mfa. Anyone else? I emailed them to ask about my application and they just told me to look at my checklist and all it says is "ready for review" ???? Playing mind games with me.

1 hour ago, thiswildballoon said:

I saw someone had heard from UPenn studio arts mfa. Anyone else? I emailed them to ask about my application and they just told me to look at my checklist and all it says is "ready for review" ???? Playing mind games with me.

@thiswildballoon if you have interviewed, then you should just wait till at least 14th.