MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

42 minutes ago, jbsp said:

@thiswildballoon if you have interviewed, then you should just wait till at least 14th.

They didn't ask me for an interview but they said the decision letters will be out on the 14th. If I'm rejected I would rather them just tell me now.

1 hour ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

@oliveoil my favorite!

@tugbamina_871 I don't know what I'm doing with my life right now :D

@sylviecerise gurl, this decision is gonna be real! 

Thanks everybody for the love! 

Well done on all of your acceptances and stipends!
Excited to see where you will head and the work you will make in the next two years!! 
Rupauls Drag Race All Stars episode 1 rupauls drag race premiere rupauls drag race all stars season 2

59 minutes ago, Studiodiodio said:

Anyone hear from columbia after interview for print? 

I'm getting a strange feeling that Columbia has been kinda slow Post-interview. Was your interview last week? It could be a tie up of paperwork with admissions or potentially just them having a difficult time choosing.

48 minutes ago, This guy said:

Anyone hear from Cornell? Starting to forget what year I applied to them lol 

I had an interview on Monday there (which I totally bombed ?). They said they are meeting Friday to make decisions but I might not hear for a couple of weeks.  I'm still anxiously awaiting Northwestern's decision.  This process is torture.  

34 minutes ago, Kamari said:

I'm getting a strange feeling that Columbia has been kinda slow Post-interview. Was your interview last week? It could be a tie up of paperwork with admissions or potentially just them having a difficult time choosing.

Yes, it was just on Friday. I know it has not been much of a wait yet but I have been feeling crazy anxious. Thanks :-)

3 minutes ago, Studiodiodio said:

Yes, it was just on Friday. I know it has not been much of a wait yet but I have been feeling crazy anxious. Thanks :-)

Mine was on Monday. I haven't sleep this poorly in a couple of months. May the admission gods release us of our pain soon hahaha.

28 minutes ago, dunton said:

I had an interview on Monday there (which I totally bombed ?). They said they are meeting Friday to make decisions but I might not hear for a couple of weeks.  I'm still anxiously awaiting Northwestern's decision.  This process is torture.  

Hmmmm, congrats on interview by the way. I'm assuming it's a no for me? No interview. I did tour the school last April and talked to Carl for a while. My wife even loved the school. 

Edited by This guy

Btw I've got a totally random question but I thought I'd ask (maybe some small talk might help us out a little) when it comes to when we expect to hear back and when the letters will be sent out; does anyone expect it to be in the morning? I figured it would usually happen by the time I wake up and look at my phone seeing as how I'm in LA and Columbia in is NY but seeing the replies of acceptances and everything kind of makes me think differently. I guess the letter can kinda come whenever? What do you all think?

36 minutes ago, Kamari said:

Btw I've got a totally random question but I thought I'd ask (maybe some small talk might help us out a little) when it comes to when we expect to hear back and when the letters will be sent out; does anyone expect it to be in the morning? I figured it would usually happen by the time I wake up and look at my phone seeing as how I'm in LA and Columbia in is NY but seeing the replies of acceptances and everything kind of makes me think differently. I guess the letter can kinda come whenever? What do you all think?

I didn't apply to very many schools but it kind of seems like they come out whenever — leaning towards the later half of the day? I heard from RISD at 4:30 pm on a Sunday and from Calarts at 5pm on a Friday. For my yale interview I heard at like 10 pm on a Friday. Hahah so who knows!?

Edited by oliveoil

37 minutes ago, Kamari said:

Yeah, I don't think there's a particular time. Apparently Yale released final decisions after the interview on Saturday at 2~3am ET last year.

Hi All!

I recently found this forum and though I'd share. I applied to Bard and Rutgers as a photo major.

Bard: Interview 3/4, Waitlisted (found out this afternoon)

Rutgers: Interview 3/3, Accepted (via phone call on Sunday night 3/5)

This process was much more intense than I thought it would be, and I haven't even applied to as many schools as some as the others!

Goodluck and Congratulations to you all.

15 minutes ago, sylviecerise said:

Yeah, I don't think there's a particular time. Apparently Yale released final decisions after the interview on Saturday at 2~3am ET last year.

I could not imagine getting as important of an email that early in the morning lol.

5 minutes ago, Lounyc said:

Hi All!

I recently found this forum and though I'd share. I applied to Bard and Rutgers as a photo major.

Bard: Interview 3/4, Waitlisted (found out this afternoon)

Rutgers: Interview 3/3, Accepted (via phone call on Sunday night 3/5)

This process was much more intense than I thought it would be, and I haven't even applied to as many schools as some as the others!

Goodluck and Congratulations to you all.

Congratulations on Rutgers!!!! Did you get a call from a photo professor? Wondering if I should hold onto hope of not being on the waitlist if they're calling people slowly throughout the week. :D 

5 minutes ago, Kamari said:

I could not imagine getting as important of an email that early in the morning lol.

Seriously haha, I'm debating whether I should drink all night so I can either celebrate drunk or be sad & drunk. Probably will actually just wake up early.