MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

1 hour ago, sylviecerise said:

Congratulations on Rutgers!!!! Did you get a call from a photo professor? Wondering if I should hold onto hope of not being on the waitlist if they're calling people slowly throughout the week. :D 

Seriously haha, I'm debating whether I should drink all night so I can either celebrate drunk or be sad & drunk. Probably will actually just wake up early. 

I got a call from one of the directors of the program in general (Hanneline Røgeberg).

1 hour ago, Lounyc said:

Hi All!

I recently found this forum and though I'd share. I applied to Bard and Rutgers as a photo major.

Bard: Interview 3/4, Waitlisted (found out this afternoon)

Rutgers: Interview 3/3, Accepted (via phone call on Sunday night 3/5)

Congrats!! That's awesome.

3 hours ago, tugbamina_871 said:

seriously, reading horoscopes as a coping mechanism!! that said has anyone heard from SAIC photo?

I got a phone call on Monday saying I was accepted, but haven't received any official letter or email yet -- so they might not be finished deciding yet!

Edited by Vespertine

6 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Congrats!! That's awesome.

I got a phone call on Monday saying I was accepted, but haven't received any official letter or email yet -- so they might not be finished deciding yet!

Hey congrats!!! I'll keep and eye and an ear out in that case!! If you don't mind me asking, was the caller someone from your interview committee?

Best wishes for all your apps!

1 minute ago, tugbamina_871 said:

Hey congrats!!! I'll keep and eye and an ear out in that case!! If you don't mind me asking, was the caller someone from your interview committee?

Best wishes for all your apps!

Yup, it one of the professors who interviewed me! Thanks and good luck with all of yours as well! 

2 hours ago, ksmiles said:

JUST GOT ACCEPTED INTO MICA (Mount Royal) with merit based scholarship!!!!!!!?

That is really great, congratulations!!!!

Is it unusual to not hear about funding for a couple weeks after your  acceptance?  Or do most people find out the day they get accepted? 

6 minutes ago, Causofit said:

That is really great, congratulations!!!!

Is it unusual to not hear about funding for a couple weeks after your  acceptance?  Or do most people find out the day they get accepted? 

I got accepted to Moore and they said that I won't hear about funding until the end of this week via mail. But after reading through some of these posts I think some people get funding with their acceptance letters if the school really wants them I guess.

46 minutes ago, C_chan said:

Declined by SVA today?feel sooo bad

Atleast you went for it be proud of yourself in that regard! I've gotten one rejection letter so far and I'm fearing more to come. Just because most of these posts are acceptance celebrations doesn't mean that it's all roses.

Hi all, is there anyone had an interview with NYU MFA Studio Art and can share some information like how many faculties will be there and what questions will they ask? Thank you! 

Pratt - Accepted
Portland State - Waitlisted
U of Illinois Urbana Champaign- Reject
IU- ?
University of Boulder - ?
Ohio State- ?

Anyone accepted to Pratt have any info in regards to when we'll get info on fin aid package?
Highly interested in attending, but want to know $$$.

17 minutes ago, sunflowerpower said:

Pratt - Accepted
IU- ?
Ohio State- ?

Anyone accepted to Pratt have any info in regards to when we'll get info on fin aid package?

I got accepted into Pratt too!  
All I know is I received a $30,000 merit scholarship and qualify for assistantship up to $14,800/year.  (Tho gonna demand/actually beg for more.) Were there anymore details in your snail mail acceptance?  

2 hours ago, altiplano said:

anyone have any insight on CalArts funding? 

I emailed Miranda asking about it today and then got an email about it being posted about 10 minutes later. I don't know if it was coincidence or because of my email but to check if they have posted it all you need to do is to go to your "hub" and click on view your Financial Aid Checklist and then it should tell you where in the process your financial aid is. If its ready — there should be a link at the bottom to your financial aid package!

Edited by oliveoil

8 hours ago, apoemaballet said:

Anyone have insight into Northwestern and/or VCU sculpture decision time? Interviewed 2-ish weeks ago.

Hi -- I was told by Northwestern that we would have acceptances and subsequent waitlist status, on or before March 15th. 

10 hours ago, sunflowerpower said:

Pratt - Accepted
IU- ?
Ohio State- ?

Nice i got waitlisted at portland state last year, eventually accepted. Really nice people

Waitlisted at Northwestern. Waitlisted at every school I've applied to.  This is my third time applying and I'm 35 and not getting younger and am pretty broken hearted. ?

Hey all, new here as I didn't know something like Grad Cafe even existed until the other day. Hello hello! Definitely just as frustrated with the staggered timelines of each school. My results are as follows...

I was accepted to Tyler for painting on February 3 with a full-ride merit scholarship. Woohoo!

Waitlisted at VCU on February 21.

Had interviews at Rutgers and UC Irvine, still waiting to hear back from them. 

Haven't heard a word from RISD, so assuming that's a no go.

Would be thrilled to go to Tyler, and feeling like that's most likely what I'll do.  Though I definitely would appreciate solid answers from my other schools as well. What a bonkers process! Excited for all who are getting positive responses, and for those still waiting, this is the biggest test in patience, but I feel like we'll know all of our results real soon. Don't let negative responses make you question your worth as an artist. My mentor likened filling grad programs to casting a play... they're looking for the right set of characters and variety of work just as much as they are striving for a collection of strong artists. Keep at it folks!