thebestartistintheworld

MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

On 4/21/2017 at 5:25 PM, Dewise said:

Hi,

I've applied MFD in Digital Future at OCAD and still didn't hear anything from them... What should I do??? Does it make sense or did they forget about me?

Hey we applied to the same program! I'm interested in your current status in the application........ I've just received my wait-list email for digital futures. 

@ everyone, if you guys have any advice on how to respond to a wait-list email..... in the sense that I should reply a "thank you" to the grad admissions, that'll be great. I'm kind of anxious because I really feel like this is a program I want to be in.

On 4/13/2017 at 6:30 AM, bblox said:

Got accepted to RCA and Cranbrook (both painting) this week. What a difficult decision to make.

Does anyone have any knowledge about the art scene in Detroit and how well Cranbrook connects you with people from outside of that area?

What mostly steers me in the direction of RCA right now is that I feel it might be easier to build a network in London. Both schools seem to be a great program with their own benefits.

Also Tuition at RCA would be significantly less, as I would probably qualify for the Home/EU fees (£9500 per year). Even if I have to pay the overseas fees (£28,400 per year) it would be slightly less then the $38'000 at Cranbrook which I'm not even sure whether they're per year or semester...

Any info on either schools would be greatly appreciated.

I feel like this puts more pressure than joy on me right now, especially because Cranbrook only gives you 2 weeks to decide. I am trying to also let the happiness push through and am definitely proud to get into both of these schools.

I am from the metro Detroit area and have been living in NYC for the past 5 years. I'm headed back to attend Cranbrook this fall in the 2D department.

This is coming in super late and you've probably already made your decision but from my knowledge I can say London would give you a much better network (at least from what I can tell). But coming from experience in my own working habits, I think there is something to be said about the seclusion of Cranbrook from a large art market. It truly is a magical place with real deal faculty and I think judging it from that angle, it is an unrivaled program.

Best of luck! What did you end up deciding?

On 5/12/2017 at 3:35 AM, yuv.sees said:

Hello all,

I'm an international student with a non-art(read legal) background and in pursuance of taking up art seriously, I shall be applying to various when applications open again in 2018.

I wish to pursue an MFA in Photography.

My preferences lean towards documentary photography, landscapes and capturing cultures and people’s ways of life.
Whereas I don't have any formal training, I have learned photography on film and then moved on to digital.

I'm wondering which colleges in USA would be a good fit for the above leanings.

Inputs please!

I shall be extraordinarily grateful for any insights by the members of this forum

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Consider a BFA first... or journalism 

Anyone here applied to SVA MFA illustration? I really like the courses they offer, but there is ridiculously little information I can get from the internet, and all the reviews about this school are not as nice as I expect-- since they have a relatively expensive tuition I expected more.

SVA was my first choice but now I'm not sure. Then I considered Syracuse, but little information as well... Do I cold mail to the students that's in these schools?

I'm mainly looking for illustration programs near NY but Fine Art programs that includes drawing and painting are good as well if I end up with no illustration programs to choose. Usually I include Psychological concepts in my drawings, and do not want to only draw in traditional way, so traditional school are off limits. I got a bachelor degree in Visual Art, and I'd like to be more professional in whatever I'm working on.

On 2017年8月31日 at 1:14 PM, DitDot said:

Anyone here applied to SVA MFA illustration? I really like the courses they offer, but there is ridiculously little information I can get from the internet, and all the reviews about this school are not as nice as I expect-- since they have a relatively expensive tuition I expected more.

SVA was my first choice but now I'm not sure. Then I considered Syracuse, but little information as well... Do I cold mail to the students that's in these schools?

I'm mainly looking for illustration programs near NY but Fine Art programs that includes drawing and painting are good as well if I end up with no illustration programs to choose. Usually I include Psychological concepts in my drawings, and do not want to only draw in traditional way, so traditional school are off limits. I got a bachelor degree in Visual Art, and I'd like to be more professional in whatever I'm working on.

Hello DitDot, have you considered SAIC?

12 hours ago, leafyinhaling said:

Hello DitDot, have you considered SAIC?

Hello, yes I'm considering SAIC as well! Do you have insights about this school? I'm pretty much reaching out for every bit of information I can get.